Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: wall??

32danfs

wall??

is neets racing wall next year?

Quote Originally Posted by 32danfs View Post
    is neets racing wall next year?
    No, they are not racing at Wall in 2010. Based on what was said at the banquet on Saturday, both of the promoters couldn't come up with an agreement. NEETS is only scheduled to run at Grandview on the dirt at this time.

As it stands, we will not be racing there....

If Jim and I can come up with a solid agreement at the Motorsports show in January, we may schedule a few races, but as of right now, no.
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

32danfs

that is a real shame

i really think wall is an excellent venue for neets. the fans loved it as well as us racers!!. i'm currently building a 4 cyl. i was really looking forward to racing it at wall. i really hope that jim can come to his senses. he can be a little stubborn at times.

Quote Originally Posted by 32danfs View Post
    i really think wall is an excellent venue for neets. the fans loved it as well as us racers!!.
    It is a excellent venue for NEETS but the problem was, not enough "racers" loved it..... that's the BIG issue with Jim, he wants guaranteed car counts to run the enduro events. You've been to the NEETS events, the car counts on the 4 cylinders was horrible, how can you run a race with approx. 6 cars showing up?????

Even the 8 cylinder car counts weren't great. How many true enduro cars were in those fields??? Thank goodness that they let the Factory Stocks run with them or those counts would have been bad.

It doesn't make any sense, the dirt NEETS enduros at Grandview get at least 20 to 30 small cars and 30 to 40 big cars to their events. Wall was lucky to get 30 cars in total for both divisions. That's the problem...... Jim wants guarantee full fields to let the series race again at Wall. I can understand it from his side, he has a business to run and overhead that needs to be paid. I guess the front and back gates don't pay his bills with low car counts....

The only solution I see is that all drivers need to band together and support the NEETS series at Wall. We need some way to attract drivers from the other tracks (New Eqypt, Bridgeport, Sundance, Riverhead, ect) to these enduro events. I don't have a clue why the drivers in the 4 cylinder and factory stock divisions won't come over and run the enduro events at Wall. Maybe it's money, safety issues, schedules or all the above.

The enduro events seem to pay better than the regular Factory Stock races and you get a lot more laps and racing on the track for your entry fees. But, more drivers need to commit and race for NEETS to come back to Wall.

So, how can we get more small car and big car drivers to the enduro events at Wall??? Any ideas???? Anyone?????

Quote Originally Posted by RocknRoll View Post
    So, how can we get more small car and big car drivers to the enduro events at Wall??? Any ideas???? Anyone?????
    "Run what ya Brung" for all the Wall races.

See there's restrictions on that, too. Because most "race cars" can't run with "enduro cars" in run what you brung races because of NJ safety law. If you noticed, Howie Bott didn't run even though he really wanted to...his enduro car had a blown motor and the car he wanted to run (which I believe was his old FS car) would have been perfect for the run what you brung race but after talking to NJ State Police they said he couldn't run because of his front hoop because it becomes a safety hazard.

That was another learning experience about the "run what you brung" races at Wall because we didn't know that until the weekend of the race!
    Erin Cutri
    NEETS Official: Co Promoter
    Email: bartleye2@hotmail.com
    Cell: 570-878-0769

Run what you brung!

NEETS SPECTATOR hit the nail on the head.I know quite a few riverhead grand enduro drivers that want to race at WALL as long as the schedule does not conflict with RIVERHEADS. In november WALL had 30 big cars for that race. I hope JOE and JIM can get together on this so we can run a few races there in 2010.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to run a couple races there...as long as they are OFFSEASON where we have a better chance of getting the cars...
    Erin Cutri

VARacer22
    All the promoters from each track should pick a day and all get together with there calendars to pick their dates so there aren't any conflicts. That would help increase car counts at all tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by VARacer22 View Post
    All the promoters from each track should pick a day and all get together with there calendars to pick their dates so there aren't any conflicts. That would help increase car counts at all tracks.
    That would be in a perfect world...It would be very nice, but still only in a perfect world
    Erin Cutri

Thumbs up My 2 cents

I like to look at the positive side first and that would be the great racing. I had fun and would like to do it again. Very clean drivers and a clean car when I got home. All I have to do is put on some tires and go again. On the other hand, the people that were with me could have cared less about watching the little cars and all their cautions. For me personally, that wasn't an issue but from where I live, it only makes sense to use the toll roads and while that's faster, it's more money out of my pocket. The other thing is getting the car clean enough to go on the track and and get a littering ticket for all the dirt left over from Grandview. I washed it three times and it was still dropping dirt when I got home. I'll have two cars for next year but I want to be able to have a spare so I don't have to change my other summer plans when I get broken, not just a clean car for asphalt. For the folks that don't know me, I only ran the run what ya brung small car race.

Poppop

i have raced at wall in 2003 with neets and loved it at that time it was under neets rules both car and safety. the thing that keeps me from racing there again is all the money i will have spend to comply with the nj safety rules i have good stuff but its not good enough for wall. if you have a double layer suit you still need fireproof under ware ang so on thats why the car count was so low you cant blame neets for a low car count when the nj rules keep most people away merry christmas to all

????????

Listen, car counts were down because of NJ state rules???? What is the problem here? First of all, I think I saw Joe mention that roll cages are going to become mandatory for Grandview because of the flip overs that happened in this past years races. Wall requires a 4 point cage, so there is one NJ state rule that everyone is going to have to follow anyway. Furthermore, after all of you Grandview racers witnessed, and talked about on this forum when the last guy flipped in the 8cyl. There was a video on youtube also. If you dont have at least a 4 point cage with GUSSETS ON THE FRAME then there is something wrong with you. You must not care about your own saftey. The only other two issues, that will cost you some money just for NJ racing is the seat belts and roll bar padding. Now if you truely want to support enduro racing at Wall, and want to try to do what you can to keep NEETS racing there then just buy the dam belts and padding. Again, its for your own good. Yes the padding is very hard, but its not about that, its about being fireproof. Take a peice of regular roll bar padding and light it on fire. When you do you better look out because it flames up very fast. Then imagine being upside down with the padding on fire and all the material dripping on you like hot wax. The new stuff wont do any of that. It barely even catches fire at all. Someone said something about having a double layer fire suit and still having to have the flameproof underwear. Again its for your own good, but you could spend less on a single layer suit, have the underwear and pass tech. NEETS cant do nothing about it. Its up to all of us racers and if you dont want to put up some extra money to keep racing alive in NJ then it will soon be gone and you all will be on here bikering about Jim and Joe not coming to terms, but its really about you not wanting to build your car to NJ standards so then you say the hell with it; I just wont go there. I heard at Turkey Derby from Wall themselves that they wanted to have an Enduro race once a month. I dont know what happened to that, but if its car counts that they are worried about then people better start building some cars.I want to race at Wall with my Enduro car. I hope something can be worked out to add some races for 2010. ALL ENDURO DRIVERS HAVE TO COME TOGETHER on this.

NJ State Safety Rules

I have also heard that it's the NJ State Police Safety rules that keep drivers away from Wall. Personally, I think that's a very weak excuse. It wouldn't take that much to make a Grandview or Sundance car NJ legal.......

Like the poster said above, if you don't feel that your head and neck are worthy of a hoop and 4 point roll cage, maybe you shouldn't be racing
    Take one look at the videos of the rollovers at Grandview and if that doesn't convince you to install a hoop, then maybe you don't belong behind the wheel...

Regarding the belts and nomex underwear, you can get a set of new belts for $100. and a set of nomex underwear for $100. These are one time costs and your done and meet the rules. Once again, it's your body, and if you want to trust it to a set of hand-me-down old belts and not give your body a few extra seconds of fire protection, then maybe you should rethink your priorities

If you make these changes to you car, at least you will be legal to run PA, NJ or NY and not have to worry. It would give you more opportunities to race!!

Regarding the roll bar padding, I have issues with this rule as it pertains to the enduro cars. Granted it won't melt in a fire, which is good. But, enduro rules allow you to run the stock fabric seats and leave the plastic/vinyl dashboard in. So what does fireproof roll bar padding do when your sitting on a fabric/foam seat surrounded by plastic/vinyl dashboard. They would burn better than regular padding. Someone didn't think this rule out completely.....

Plus, the SFI roll bar padding is REAL hard, almost as hard as the pipe it covers.... I don't understand how it would cushion a impact like standard padding does but that's just me.....

Anyway, you can get the SFI padding for $15-$20 a stick and it only takes 2 or 3 pieces to do the necessary parts.

So, for around $250 or so plus the hoop(which will be in the new NEETS rules anyway), you can have a Wall legal (AND SAFE) car to race in NJ. It's a SMALL price to pay to protect your body!!!!

When you compare these numbers to what you pay for entry fees, pit fees, tires, fuel, transportation costs, and all your other racing costs, it's peanuts in comparison. That's why I feel that anyone who uses the safety issue as an excuse has other issues.....

Let's get NEETS racing back to Wall

Thread Information