Quote Originally Posted by greenflag View Post
As Gary stated, Easter Sunday races have taken place before. They were also very successful. Penn National. An evening start allows people to enjoy Easter Sunday with their family. Dinner is complete, everyone is together, and you are looking for something to do in the evening. And there it is. An Easter Sunday evening race. I think it would work. But I certainly understand the concerns about it.
If it's anything like last year, pit gates are going to open in the morning, tech by lunch time, and racing not long after that. Racing usually doesn't end until late in the afternoon and some people have a big distance to drive home, essentially missing EVERY meal time of that day, and the holiday all together.

Not trying to be the bad guy here or anything, but look at the grandstand numbers from 2009 for NEETS events; which way do you think the number of spectators is going to go for an Easter Sunday race? I would be willing to be the grandstands will be near empty and the car count half of what it was.

I'm sure other tracks do have Easter Sunday events, and maybe they are successful in doing so. I could also be wrong about what would happen with a NEETS event being held on Easter at Grandview. All I can say is our immediate fans (family/friends) which consists of on average 15-25 people in the stands, PLUS our 3 car team, will NOT be there.