Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cage kit

Thumbs up Cage kit

I just ordered a roll cage kit from a company near Richmond, Va. I thought some of you might be interested so here's the site.http://www.rollcagecomponents.com/ The freight for mine was $80.00 which isn't too bad since they deliver to my work. They have a lot to choose from and they can get it out pretty quick too.

Poppop

Good place to shop for a cage...most of their cages meet our requirements!
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

thanks for the tip pops

Rollcages

I use dan drobnick welding from deer lake pa, 570 449 7228, he comes to your garage, bends the pipe to conform to the track rule, he uses heavier wall tubing, .0120 i believe, he will add extra bars wherever you want. Usually takes about three hours. Total cost including the pipe is $ 395.00. There might be alittle extra charge for gas money depending where he needs to go. Not a bad deal for someone that is inexperienced with bending tubing and welding. Safety of the drivers is his #1 concern, he stands behind his work. He is the track welder for big diamond & sundance speedways. Good luck to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppop View Post
    I just ordered a roll cage kit from a company near Richmond, Va. I thought some of you might be interested so here's the site.http://www.rollcagecomponents.com/ The freight for mine was $80.00 which isn't too bad since they deliver to my work. They have a lot to choose from and they can get it out pretty quick too.

Poppop
    i bought and put together 3 of these cages, they fit together realy good and jimmy is a super nice guy.
    WOOT

Captain noted a good point here...

If you are inexperienced, Dan offers you something you cannot buy online...knowledge and experience! One, as the Captain stated, he will build you a cage conforming to the given rules....and Two, he will weld it in place for you.

I am not a welder...if I were to buy a cage online, I would be up that special creek without my paddle! Even if I were to purchase/rent/borrow welding supplies, I still do not have the experience needed to construct the cage correctly.

Poppop, you noted to me earlier in the 2009 season that there were some cages out there that had you scared! The worst thing to do is attempt to do it right....just do it right. If you plan on buying a cage kit, you should be fairly knowlegeable when it comes to welding...otherwise, Dan will be your best alternative, offering to come to you with the supplies and build it for you.

Safe is only good when it is safe....when you put a cage in a car that can possibly come loose, collapse or even impale you....you are far from safe.

No argument there Joe. I guess with my 40+ years of welding experience I take the skill for granted.

gutter7
    There's no scarey cages, we have saftey tech. Just kiddin.
    I've seen some also that in the event of an accident the cage would probably
    beat the driver senseless

What are we animals in cages now????
    ....rageing lunatics behind the wheel?
    ....strapped to a 3000lb projectile?
    ....some may think so.
    .....I know I am!

u know i had to be caged and on a real note here the zoom zoom has a full cage now

Great Critter! Now, when are we welding the window bars onto the car? You know, just so the Zoom Zoom driver can't get out!!!

Wait a minute Joe! Behind bars is my department.

Googles Pisanno
    Gumby in a cage.........I like It.

You can't cage up Gumby...he'll just squish right through the bars!

Poppop.....is there something you are not telling us about those 10-15 years you didn't race?!?!?!?

No secrets Joe, I just ran out of money but I did race off road a couple times a year. O yea, I was on a federal grand jury for a very long time, so I got to see a lot of orange jump suits.

Thread Information