Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NJ Motorsports Park

VARacer22

NJ Motorsports Park

If anyone is interested there is a 2hr "Run What Ya Brung" enduro race on February 20th at NJ Motorsports Park. Click the link for info & rules.

http://www.usa50.com/DisplayMsg.asp?...sp&D83jsd=True

VARacer22
    Registration & entry fee costs can be found below:

http://www.usa50.com/DisplayMsg.asp?...1233012&page=1

That's a lot of money for only *UP TO* top 3 big car/ 1st place small car being paid. It says the $150 registration includes car, driver, 2 crew but some people don't have crew...I think clarifications need to be made in the event that someone won't be bringing a crew...plus hot pit (not sure what that is?? Do you pay for a better pit spot?!) is an additional $25 and if the entry is paid later than 2/13 it is an extra $25.

I thought Enduro's are supposed to be cheap

Either way, I would love to go watch to see if it is a good show.
    Erin Cutri
    NEETS Official: Co Promoter
    Email: bartleye2@hotmail.com
    Cell: 570-878-0769

Sounds like a good race to watch. Ten bucks admission isn't too bad but I can't afford $150 to just go for a ride. Are you running Melissa?

Elated Road Trip...............

The raceway park(Englishtown) enduro cost us $200, so a buck and a half ain't so bad............................
    The lightening course looks like you gotta run it clockwise, lotta right turns........................
    UNCLE PETEY................

Thumbs up no lefts in jersey??

Sounds like fun....

I am thinking on giving it a try. You going Uncle petey?

The dollar figures

Quote Originally Posted by Erin C View Post
    That's a lot of money for only *UP TO* top 3 big car/ 1st place small car being paid. It says the $150 registration includes car, driver, 2 crew but some people don't have crew...I think clarifications need to be made in the event that someone won't be bringing a crew...plus hot pit (not sure what that is?? Do you pay for a better pit spot?!) is an additional $25 and if the entry is paid later than 2/13 it is an extra $25.

I thought Enduro's are supposed to be cheap

Either way, I would love to go watch to see if it is a good show.
    If you think about the entry fees compared to Wall, it's not a bad deal. For starters, you're getting a lot more laps/seat time than an enduro at Wall. A big car 100 lap race at Wall was around 35 minutes in length. This is a 2 HOUR enduro, so you get a lot more time behind the wheel.

Regarding the cost at $150. This includes the car, driver and two crew members. The rules for this race says you need two drivers minimum. If you compare the cost of a Wall enduro, it was $50. for entry, plus $35. for pits and add 2 more crew at $35. each and you end up with a total of $155. Now if you attended a Wall enduro by yourself, it cost you $85. for 100 laps/35 minutes of racing. Since you need 2 drivers for the NJMP enduro, split the $150. to $75. each and each driver gets 1 Hour of seat time (if the car holds up). Ends up cheaper than Wall...... with more racing time for the drivers!!

I believe the $25 hot pit is for spectators who want to go in the pit area and watch. Otherwise it looks like the $10. will give you grandstand seating.

The biggest deal is the 1.9 mile track, the speeds will be higher than the circle tracks, hopefully the enduro cars can handle the speed.........

I know what you are saying, and I would love to try something like this sometime I am just thrown off on how much it costs without any hint of what the payouts are...

Die hard enduro drivers will do this no matter what the cost and the payout just for the experience and fun of it, I think I just had a little sticker shock
    Erin Cutri
    NEETS Official: Co Promoter
    Email: bartleye2@hotmail.com
    Cell: 570-878-0769

I would so be there cause its only about 40 mins from my house...that is if my car wasnt in 23 peices...
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

Question battery switch

I just took another look at the rules and noticed that an EXTERNAL battery shut off switch is also required. Just another case of having unique rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppop View Post
    I just took another look at the rules and noticed that an EXTERNAL battery shut off switch is also required. Just another case of having unique rules.
    ...and you also need a working brake light.... hopefully you left your wiring harnesses in their original place and didn't gut them, so you can bolt on a trailer light or something.....

.....but, on a good note, they are allowing practice before the race, so it gives you some time to adjust on the car if needed. Like Petey said, this track is mostly right hand turns so it requires a different set-up than the left hand ovals.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin C View Post
    Die hard enduro drivers will do this no matter what the cost and the payout just for the experience and fun of it, I think I just had a little sticker shock
    Not only do die hard enduro drivers do it no matter what the cost or payout, but every driver in every division races for the same reason. I don't think anyone racing on the local short tracks does it for the purse money, and they are sure not covering their costs by what they make in winnings.

From what I've seen, NEETS pays better than the regular Saturday night shows, so if you can finish 1st or 2nd, you might break even. Uncle Petey mentioned in the other thread that Wall paid $100. for the factory stock win at Turkey Derby, the biggest race of the year. You don't even come close to covering costs with that type of payout.

Quote Originally Posted by 53ny View Post
    Sounds like fun....
    NJMP is a neat facility...... everyone should attempt this enduro. Plus it would be a change from racing on a oval and just turning left. The road course is a whole different animal, longer straightaways and sweeping corners. It's a 1.9 mile track versus the usual 1/3 mile oval at Grandview, Wall or Sundance..... and it's a longer race.... more laps per dollar!!!!

Thread Information