Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NJ Motorsports Park

Since you did the math for me, It's been boiling in my brain.Co-driver. Brake light, move battery switch and get rid of stagger and camber, get some good tires and I'll be ready to go! It keeps going back to co-driver?

Where does it say anything about relocating the battery switch????

Look at the link in the first post just befor the schedule. It says external battery switch. Mine's on the hump in the middle. Inside.

Quote Originally Posted by 310fig8 View Post
    Where does it say anything about relocating the battery switch????
    two different sources..... the link in the first post (that goes to the Wall Board) says a battery switch is needed. If you go to the promoter's page at(http://www.buffmotorsports.com/) there is no listing for the battery switch.

I would go with the info on the promoter's page.....

FYI, I received a confirmation from the race director at NJMP that this is a legitimate event, it just hasn't been posted yet at the NJMP web site.
    Last edited by RocknRoll; 01-15-2010 at 03:23 PM. Reason: typo

Wink On The Road Again...............

I spoke, today, with the promoter of the NJMP enduro event, Bill Buff..................................
    He said he drove in the englishtown road course enduro last January and he assured me that all the problems with scoring and line-up restarts would not happen at the Millville event.......................
    BASICALLY, HE SAID ITS A NON-STOP 2 1/2 HR. RACE WITH 3 TEN MINUTE MANDATORY PIT STOPS USING A MINIMUM OF TWO DRIVERS AND POLICED AND SCORED WITH AMB TRANSPONDERS...................
    He doesn't care what type of racecar you bring as long as it conforms to NJ safety racing rules, has DOT tires on maximum width 8" rims, a working brake light and a transponder.....................
    You'll be driving the 1.9 mile road course clockwise; with 7 right turns and 3 lefts under true road course rules...................
    UNCLE PETEY..............

Quote Originally Posted by Poppop View Post
    Since you did the math for me, It's been boiling in my brain.Co-driver. Brake light, move battery switch and get rid of stagger and camber, get some good tires and I'll be ready to go! It keeps going back to co-driver?
    co drivers...i have one in mind...
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by richardpetey View Post
    BASICALLY, HE SAID ITS A NON-STOP 2 1/2 HR. RACE WITH 3 TEN MINUTE MANDATORY PIT STOPS USING A MINIMUM OF TWO DRIVERS AND POLICED AND SCORED WITH AMB TRANSPONDERS......
    Hey Uncle Petey,
    Did he clarify that it is two separate 2-1/2 hour races, one for the 6/8 cylinders and one for the 4 cylinders? I kinda get that idea reading his info page that it is two races, but it's not totally clear. Or, is he planning on having all cars race together, which is how the Raceway Park enduro was run?

After the Raceway Park snafu, I believe the State Police won't mix the cars and they didn't at Wall. But I think they still mix the cars at New Egypt enduros....

It is true, They do mix the cars at New Egypt.

Njmsp

Well now, I got some right turn tires today and some right turn rims but I still have to reinforce them and see if I can find a transponder some where. I don't think there's anything else? I better read the rules again.

Quote Originally Posted by RocknRoll View Post
    After the Raceway Park snafu, I believe the State Police won't mix the cars and they didn't at Wall. But I think they still mix the cars at New Egypt enduros....
    They only mix the cars at New Egypt because they have a minimum wheel base rule for all cars. All cars that run NE must be a minimum of (I believe) 104" wheel base...which, in the NJ Safety laws, is OK to combine the cars.
    Erin Cutri
    NEETS Official: Co Promoter
    Email: bartleye2@hotmail.com
    Cell: 570-878-0769

After I read the NJ rules I had a few questions so I e-mailed them to Bill Buff this morning. What I got back is that this race is to be called an Endurance Road Race, however it is being run with Enduro cars. Mirrors are OK. Fuelers and fire bottle people must wear a 2 layer fire suit, helmet and gloves. Bill assured me that with the cooperation of the racers and the track there should be no problems in that area. I'm not sure but I'll try to find help that has the proper protective equipment just to be safe. I also asked Bill to get on the forum so I wouldn't screw up what he told me in my translation.

Poppop

PS. We could actually be running in something that's not being called a Junk Car Race.
    Last edited by Poppop; 01-18-2010 at 01:13 PM.

Wheelbase and reinforcements....

104" wheelbase and smaller is one division...greater than 104" is another.

No reinforcement of bumpers is allowed per NJ State Laws for enduros....that rules out Street Stocks and most "Race Cars". This is the reason why we had to turn away Street Stocks at the Turkey Durby Run What Ya Brung...State Police said absolutely not.

As for mixing the cars....I'm sure the police will play it by ear, however, three or four small cars will not be permitted to race with a full field of big cars for safety alone.

Considering the speeds that can be reached on a long straightaway, I would recommend using a big car for this race no matter what!
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

I was all hot to trot till saw that I'd have to run my little car with the big cars. Going around in an oval is bad enough but that road course might be just a little bit unsafe with the tanks flyng around. It makes me think about the car that got rear ended on the front straight at Wall.

I spoke with Bill Buff regarding the upcoming race in February. There are a few things that I needed some clarifying, which he explained to me. The following is my interpretation of these rules and his explanation to me, if you have questions you will need to contact Bill Buff.

First off, the rules seem kind of general.... In NJ, as we all know, Statute Law governs the minimum safety requirements for vehicles and drivers at all racing facilities. However, the section of the rules for Road Course racing is not as stringent as it the section for Oval Racing. I will provide a link to the statute so you can get a feel for what I am going to explain. The vehicle requirements are not covered in the section for road course events, subchapter 3. This means any vehicle can race, so long as the driver meets safety requirements... Poppop said it right, any type of car can participate....my understanding, this means street stocks will be permitted to race....the 'hard'/'soft' car approach is non-existent.

A 'hard' car as defined by the troopers is one with full reinforcement, front end bars and such connected to the frame....a 'soft' car, such as the enduros, have no front/rear end reinforcement. Since this subchapter of the rules does not define vehicle requirements, the hard and soft cars can potentially be mixed together..... NEETS attempted this in November with the Run What Ya Brung Turkey Derby enduro...the state troopers denied the street stocks from participating due to the dangers their 'hardened' cars imposed upon the 'soft' enduro cars.

Secondly, the event layout. It will be a true 2 hour race, with 3 mandatory 10 minute pit stops. For instance, if the green is waved at 12 noon, the checkered will be waved at 2:30...the driver must pull off the track at least 3 times for 10 minutes each time for fuel/driver switch/etc...if a driver pulls off for 5 minutes, they must remain pitted for the remaining 5 minutes or be penalized laps for early re-entry. If you take more than 10 minutes, there is no penalty, however you are then losing ground on your competition...

The events feature a 'hot pits', meaning NASCAR style pitting down a road solely for the purpose of a pit stop. Unlike oval tracks, you will not drive through pit space where there are other drivers/crew meandering around. Your crew will work on the car/switch drivers and such without having to return to your trailer...as I understand though, I believe you have the option of returning to your personal trailer if needed, however you will probably be wasting valuable time as you will have to drive quite a distance at a very slow pace...5 MPH.

As for hot pits, subchapter 3, section 11...clothing requirements; OTHER THAN DRIVERS: Obviously in NJ and in February, you won't be wearing tank tops and sandals, but the crew working over the wall in a hot pit when cars are being refueled must be wearing a fire suit of at least one layer of fire retardant material. This is going to mean everyone since pit stops will not limit refueling to set intervals since you can pull into the hot pits at anytime....

Crew members FUELING the vehicles in pit lane shall wear SF fire-rated helmets with proper Snell rating.

This might become a problem for some crews as multiple drivers plan on swapping fire suits and helmets....you will need proper suit and helmet for drivers and pit crew.... I hope this does not become an issue being most enduro races are styled to be 'low-budget'.

Purse was described to be a 'promotional' payout...assuming top three will get $300-$200-$100 to win. He did not mention how solid he was on this payout, so it is possible to change.

Last, but not least, roll over bars and SFI padding, nomex underwear and rated fire suits and Snell helmets are a must as with ALL racing in NJ. Make sure you brush up on the fine print straight from the NJ State Laws before heading out....worst thing to happen is spend a lot of money and be turned away by the troopers. The troopers are there for YOUR safety, so if they are denying you the opportunity to participate, it is for your own good...

NJ Motor Vehicle Racetrack Regulations:
    http://www.njsp.org/info/pdf/racing_regulations.pdf

Again, this is my interpretation of what to expect for this event from a promoter's point of view...please do not feel as if what I said here is what will happen. I will be there for this race, as a spectator/volunteer to the sanctioning race body.
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

Wink Road Scholars...............

As I previously posted on the LI Jam, be prepared to race against all kinds of racecars...........................
    The long front stretch is gonna produce some speeds of 130 to maybe 150mph, so use as many in car aids as you can(radios, mirrors, spotters, etc)...............................
    My experience at pocono (SRE) taught me when cars coming up on you or you approaching another racecar at speeds over 140mph, THINGS HAPPEN FAST...................
    Its gonna be fun but you gotta keep yourself outa harms way.........................
    UNCLE PETEY..................

Thread Information