Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Here's a NEET Idea!

Lightbulb Here's a NEET Idea!

Kenny and I were talking about a Saturday night enduro....

We have the date already picked out, but it is not set in stone yet, so I'd rather not publicize the date yet.

Race details:
    One division - TBD
    50 Laps
    Entry Fee - TBD
    No points!
    PAID Pre-registration!
    Race Date.... TBA

You can help us determine a few things though...

1) Which division?
    I have an idea for purse layout, $25 to enter with a pro-rated purse, 50 cars MAX! But, the division has to be the bigger of the two....If we have an average of 50 small cars and 40 big for normal events....the small cars will run that night... Unless we get a definite YES from more drivers in one division..... Can we do this twice this season? Possibly! But, the first race has to be a success and I mean 50 cars!

2) Entry fee?
    Yes, I do have an idea about what I want to do with the entry fee...but if you have a better idea, I am willing to listen.

3) Race date?
    As I said, we do have a date already, so this is not open for discussion...however, I can tell you this... This is a Saturday night BEFORE a Sunday NEETS race...so cars would be able to be left pit-side or in the parking lot overnight...

The date in mind is to be televised by RCN, Local Sports News Station....so, we need to make this BIG! A 20 car field would do nothing but HURT the series....we need big car counts and organization. I have to do a PAID pre-registration to guarantee and advertise the purse, however the entry fee is still to be determined...

I will discuss this more at the first race, but in the mean time...let's stir things up! Voice your opinions here and please, keep the posts focused on this topic... Yes, I know how cool this is, so let's keep the posts focused....

Thanks and let's really shine strong here!
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

count dx in , me + tv = oh yeah

If it winds up being small cars, I can do it cause I have a backup car but there is one weekend that I won't be able to make it. The June race is out for me cause I have a long trip to make for my grandson's graduation and I already promised.

not sure if I would be able to do this or not, but I would vote the small car class. the whole night of racing is going to be high powered rear wheel drive racecars, why not give the crowd something different with the small cars? the small car class seems to be of popular demand and seem to be cheaper to create. when neets attracts new drivers, i think the majority of the time they build a small car. Entry fee? the normal 25 is what we pay on saturday nights for the pits/racing. i think thats what it should be always.

All in all, I would enter for this race, even if it is the night before a regular neets event. I think its a great idea.

i'll be there as long as it doesn't interfear with my riverhead schedule
    Matt
    Neets official/ head flagger
    Driver/owner redneck racing enterprise #32
    www.RRE32.com
    www.redneckracingenterprise.bravehost.com

Added race

Count me in.

Question Saturday Night Fever........................

Whatever date you decide on, announce it soon........................
    Some of us race at other venues and have to check schedules and make proper arrangements to prepare for the show................
    UNCLE PETEY.....................

A) I agree that we need the date to hold on calender.

B) Since it is the night before another race I feel the costs to race needs to be kept low.

C)" Put your money where your mouth is" Have anyone who would participate pay in advance.
    The class with most prepays races.

D ) Count me in. I would bring 2 small cars or 2 big cars.

E )To have us race as hard as possible winner take all ?

phil

I could guess on the date but I'll leave that to Joe to spill. It would be awesome to run under the lights on a Saturday night. Hopefully the car would stay in one piece, that would make for a long night and early morning.
    "Taken To School"

WOW that would be cool to see on a Saturday night! Lots of racing that weekend. And televised whats better than that!

count me in. Would there be points awarded for that? Regardless it dont matter to me im in.
    I never raced at night, only in the dark with one headlight through the woods.

joel just keep it on the tires ,just kiddin , jack i do belive its a none points race , and i agree with phil , lets do it , like i said critter on tv wow high ratings

sat show kicks......

I'm in can't wait. I like the small cars but most racers started out in a street stock class or similar and worked there way up so they like to see the big cars cruising around. Even though alot of people would leave at the end of the modified race at wall. We would still get alot of people sticking around to watch the factory stocks because they were entertaining.Lets put on a great show and maybe we can make some new fans to come out on a sunday to watch the races.

count me in too it will be cool to run under the lites on a sat. nite

duh big bro look up a few posts ,i said dx would be there lol

Thread Information