Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ***"HAMMER TIME" ENDURO info***

***"HAMMER TIME" ENDURO info***

Here is a little something we have been working on...
    "Mountain Madness meets Road Warrior!"

200 laps
    or
    2 hours
    or
    Be The LAST car running...

MOUNTAIN MADNESS ENDURO SERIES presents
    The "HAMMER TIME" Enduro

This will be, a FULL CONTACT old school Enduro race.

The rules are simple:
    - Any 6 or 8 cyl. Car ( no trucks or vans)
    - Must remove all glass and flammable interior
    - Must move gas tank to trunk area-(if filler neck is accessed behind rear bumper)
    *Recommended for all cars*
    - Must have a good set of seat belts, or 4 or 5 point racing harness
    - Firesuit and DOT approved helmet must be worn w/ face shield
    - all doors must be chained or bolted shut
    - Must cut 12” hole in hood for access-in the event of fire
    - All cars must remain absolutely STOCK (suspension, engine, drivetrain)
    - DOT approved passenger car tires only
    - Minimum 3 point brace or roll bar/cage in drivers area only
    - Screen in front of driver (in place of windshield)

-OPTIONAL-
    You may move battery
    You may add bar on outside of drivers door(nerf bar) for protection

ALL DRIVERS must have a one-way scanner to monitor the race director (154.600 frequency)
    All drivers must have transponder for scoring purposes (see website for proper transponder bracket mounting)

Race procedure:
    - 3 wide rolling start
    - Any car with a flat tire, leaking fuel, on fire, or dragging bumper(s) will be black flagged and must report to the pits and fix problem
    - Disabled cars will remain on the Speedway-EXACTLY where they stop! (Red flag will be displayed and Driver/transponder-will be removed)
    - The ONLY time the Red flag will be displayed is for a dangerous situation on Speedway, or to remove a driver from disabled vehicle
    - Drivers will be alerted via one-way radio at timed intervals, that it's "HAMMER TIME". ALL cars MUST make contact with another car during "HAMMER TIME".
    You MAY hit other cars at any time, but you MUST hit other cars during "HAMMER TIME".
    NOTE: The idea of this event is to be the "last car running" therefore, the more cars YOU disable...the BETTER!
    - Absolutely NO DRIVERS DOOR hits!
    - Any car in the pits for more than 10 minutes, will be considered disabled and will not be allowed back on the track.
    - The winner will be the driver that completes 200 laps first, or has the most laps at the 2 hour mark, OR...is the "LAST CAR RUNNING".

More details regarding purse, entry fee, and date of race will be announced in the near future.

P.S.-ENDURO RACING isn't for Sissies!
    It don't matter if they're booing or cheering, as long as they're making noise!

ease the TENSION...bring back Willy!

Racing IS a CONTACT sport.

2 to the front
    can we use the infield?? hahahaha

Love the idea! Too bad the 4 cyl. Couldn't be involved, I would love to run it but that's one hell of an idea and it will be a great race to call and witness!
    How Rowdy do you like it?

www.luckyduckyracing.net

Mountain Speedway Co-Announcer

Nice

Well now I just might have to dust off my race suit for this!!!!!!!!Awesome idea Just let me know when and I will be there
    Maddawg 417

riceys1
    Man,wish I had a big car!

Quote Originally Posted by riceys1 View Post
    Man,wish I had a big car!
    You ain't the only one that wishes that buddy!
    How Rowdy do you like it?

www.luckyduckyracing.net

Mountain Speedway Co-Announcer

Who's breaking out the parachute pants for this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo

That's bad a**, right there...

J.A....can't touch this!

The real question, at the end of the race, who's going to be too legit to quit?

Don't wishyou had a big car. you have to build another car for this raqce anyway, because it will be toast after the race. so start building.

Spanky1975
    I still like the 24 hour idea from last year. All this sounds like to me is an extended enduro race. Last race you had snowballs flying, people getting swung at in there cars (which is the dumbest thing I think could happen, If anyone wants to break there hand on my helmet, be my guest), and you had windsheilds getting kicked out. If you need more action then that in racing i don't know what to tell you. As far as hitting cars when someone yells "hammertime" I don't think is needed. You already have drivers crying that they got spun out by this one or that one. Just give us a couple races with more laps and let the drivers take care of the rest. If you offered a 200 lap enduro with a little better purse I truely believe that a lot more drivers would come out of the wood work. And all the drivers that are racing the enduros now have to get in there heads that this is not the weekly series and you have to go into an enduro race with the attitude that your car might not be going home with you. Right now it just seems like these are not enduro cars anymore, you have to throw money at your car to compete with the guys that are running in the front of the pack. What happened to the days of getting a beater, knocking all the glass out of it, and putting it on the race track? I do believe that this is the problem with the car counts. Mike, I'm not saying that you don't have the right idea, but I just don't think its going to go over well. Listen to all the comments on here about your idea. I wish, and if I had another car. That is because all these people's enduro cars are not expendable anymore. They had to put too much time and money into them to be able to compete at the enduro level that we have now. I'm not saying I have the answer, but the first thing I would do is sit down and take a good look at the rules to try and get the enduro class back to the junk class that it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky1975 View Post
    I still like the 24 hour idea from last year. All this sounds like to me is an extended enduro race. Last race you had snowballs flying, people getting swung at in there cars (which is the dumbest thing I think could happen, If anyone wants to break there hand on my helmet, be my guest), and you had windsheilds getting kicked out. If you need more action then that in racing i don't know what to tell you. As far as hitting cars when someone yells "hammertime" I don't think is needed. You already have drivers crying that they got spun out by this one or that one. Just give us a couple races with more laps and let the drivers take care of the rest. If you offered a 200 lap enduro with a little better purse I truely believe that a lot more drivers would come out of the wood work. And all the drivers that are racing the enduros now have to get in there heads that this is not the weekly series and you have to go into an enduro race with the attitude that your car might not be going home with you. Right now it just seems like these are not enduro cars anymore, you have to throw money at your car to compete with the guys that are running in the front of the pack. What happened to the days of getting a beater, knocking all the glass out of it, and putting it on the race track? I do believe that this is the problem with the car counts. Mike, I'm not saying that you don't have the right idea, but I just don't think its going to go over well. Listen to all the comments on here about your idea. I wish, and if I had another car. That is because all these people's enduro cars are not expendable anymore. They had to put too much time and money into them to be able to compete at the enduro level that we have now. I'm not saying I have the answer, but the first thing I would do is sit down and take a good look at the rules to try and get the enduro class back to the junk class that it used to be.
    HUH??????

Go back and read the rules for this "true" Enduro. They are simple.
    I am also tired of hearing about car counts.

All the comments...??? What are YOU talking about?????

If you want to race like a saturday night class...then make the changes and run Factory Stock or FWD.

This race is seperate from the MMES points races, and frankly...we are seriously considering doing away with the Enduro points. Points, Points Points....who cares.
    Race to win...and yes, have fun doing it.

What happened to doing what it takes to win...??? Nobody even rubbed a fender on the #41 last year, and he just waltzed away to the wins. I know if I was out there, he would have had a flat or two...

IT'S ENDURO RACING. AND, IT'S A CONTACT SPORT.
    You want a 24 hour snoozefest???....I think not.
    Last edited by intense1; 03-14-2010 at 12:43 AM.

propane1075
    Mike you did not answer my? about the tire rule that pappy was talking about at the last race.
    also i like the idea about the 200 lapper i would bring a car to that for myself god knows i'll
    hammer time it (the wall the cars,maybe we could get the RED NECK ROCKET back for that)
    we all ready got mikey pollock in the 51 out there taking up the slack since tito left.

Stay tuned....

We will be looking into the Enduro tire rule and will announce any updates, in the near future.

2 to the front

barely bald

hey mr intense. how bout a bald tire rule. you can go to any tire shop and get bald worn out tires. lets run on those bad boys! you come up with the size. tires wouldnt cost a dime. that would slow the cars down. put some moisture in turn one and lets go racin!

Thread Information