Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why???

Why???

Why do we need so much water on the track ???? Saturday night races do not get that much water. I understand some water to keep the dust down, but come on, that was retarded. If i wanted to race on a slick track, then i would have went to a slick track race. We all paid for a 100 lap race, and we only got to race about80 laps. Joe neets, please address this issue with the track. If there are puddles on the track, then that is too much water!!!!

Water

I agree. I don't know why the race had to be stopped to water again. I didn't think the dust was that bad.

Anyone else agree?

Shon Elk
    Elk Motorsports #10X
    www.elkmotorsports.com

The first ten laps are wasted cause you are only "running in" the track, except for a few low speed fender benders. Then the inside groove gets dry enough for some racing but if you go to the outside you better be ready to hit the wall. Check out how many got a taste of the turn four to front stretch section.

Pre-race water:
    Kenny puts down enough water to keep the race moving without having to return out for a second watering....sometimes, it is a little excessive, but most times it is a decent amount. Captain, you are right though, if there are puddles, it is too much. I will talk to Kenny about this.

The Lap 60 wet-down:
    Shon, the drivers may not have had much of a dust problem, but when we look out of the tower and see most of the fans are covering their faces because of dust and dirt flying at them....we need to give it a pass or two with the water truck. Plus, the quick spray he did at that red flag was just enough to keep the track in good shape for the rest of that race.

Additional.....:
    In addition, we had the SpeedSTRs racing with us for the first time ever at Grandview Speedway....things were a little hectic for us to keep everything held together being we had little to no contact with their organization before and during the event. We will be working out these bugs as well as the typical "beginning of the race season" quirks by the next event!
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

The G-Man42
    thankyou..........i agree to much water i slowed to avoid a wreck comin outta turn 4 and had some one climb the side of my car due to not bein able to stop or avoid me from the excessive water and wipeout a boat load of parts

Why?????

I brought the same question up last year ( after I got caught up in a lap 6 crash ) and I was told the situation would be adressed and it would not happen again! I haven`t raced there since but came as a spectator because I planned on racing at the next enduro , but I see things haven`t changed. You might have heard me booing when the caution came out for such stupidity. I agree with you 1,000 % Captain ! I still plan on coming to the next race , hopefully it will be better racing conditions.

Was no one at the drivers meeting when Kenny explained to all the drivers why he puts that much water on the track because there were lots of complaints and explained how to take it easy the first 5-10 laps and not just gun it so you can continue running the rest of the race? After he explained that after the drivers meeting NO ONE had anything else to say...why must the same thing be brought up over and over again? Why cant you just take it easy the first few laps so we don't have to stop the race 5 times to wet the track so the spectators can see and so us officials can see the track in the event of a major collision?

I suggest if you have that big of a problem with the moisture in the beginning of the race you talk to Kenny because he has no problem explaining why he does it...he is a great guy and I think he does a wonderful job.
    Erin Cutri
    NEETS Official: Co Promoter
    Email: bartleye2@hotmail.com
    Cell: 570-878-0769

im gonna rattle some cages here but here it goes.

erin, yes kenny did address it. but since ive raced a few times in those conditions, i know first hand what its like. did you see the pink car, it was alllll over the place, over steering over steering over steering, what was the driver doing, 10 mph? i had new tires on my truck, i enjoyed the first 10 laps the most haha. just depends i suppose.

but in those conditions, no matter how fast you go, you hardly have any control. i could barely keep up in the pre race warm up laps. i was spinning the tires constantly, even in a higher gear. but i took it easy, didnt hit anything and ran my race.

after about 65 laps, i could not see coming into turn 4. why? dust dust dust. so this is how i think it should be...

my visor was caked in mud after 1 lap, dust became a vision factor (the smeared visor didnt help) at around lap 60-65. we should have a red flag at lap 60 for a 1 pass water spray low and middle groove. than go back racing. just my opinion of course. but i was so afraid there was going to be a stopped car in that dust cloud. and the last thing i need is to come to a dead stop doing 55-60 mph.

oh and one more thing...who is Joe Neets? hahahahaha

its ok joe, sounds better than Cutri anyways... jk of course

It's a balancing act...

Kenny needs to put down enough water to last a 100-lap race. To do that AND keep the driver's happy for 100 laps isn't possible. With the Speedsters added to the Sunday schedule, Kenny has another set of drivers to keep happy and less time to do it in. I think he's doing as good a job as can be done.

(Well, the best job anyone could do without an asphalt paver. )
    Bob Kulik
    Kulik Racing

I was just curious about the thought process. That's all.

Not that my opinion matters, but I would rather see less water and deal with the dry track. It is a day show. It is going to get dusty. JMO
    Last edited by dirtmodfan; 04-12-2010 at 01:08 PM.
    Shon Elk
    Elk Motorsports #10X
    www.elkmotorsports.com

i know i used all my tearoffs early with all the mud

I would have been out of tearoffs if I would have been on the track the whole time. I must have taken a few hundred pounds of Grandview home with me. Poor car wash......

Shon Elk
    Elk Motorsports #10X
    www.elkmotorsports.com

Unhappy Splash for Cash....................

Driving an over "MOIST" dirt track brings back bad memories of the old days when over 200 cars started on a 1/2 mile oval...........................
    I'm tired of running harder than I should have too, later in the race, because someone thought they could win the race in the first 10 laps...........................
    UNCLE PETEY............................

I agree

I have to agree with the majority on this one. Kenny does a good job prepping the track for us, you also have to consider there is a show Sat nights too, and those late models and modifieds really tear it up !!!!!! The track was excellent, except too much water. If he tones it down a bit it will be awesome
    Maddawg 417

MANIAC

Thumbs up nothing wrong with a wet track

it makes it interesting to drive besides we are enduro drivers and this is a endurance race i applaud the water truck!

Thread Information