Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why???

Quote Originally Posted by EnduroFromDE View Post
    if you dont want to tear up your supposingly $500 race car go and run a saturday night division,
    have you ever been to a saturday night race at grandview?
    it's like a demolition derby at high speed...not many cars make it out with some kind of damage
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

Possible solution?
    Maybe Aaron hit it just right....we'll talk to Kenny about less water, OR using the spray bar instead of the dump tube.

Another point of view?
    When Erin and I were on Racer's Roundtable a few weeks back, a fan from the stands asked a pretty important question... "What will be done when the cars become too fast, or overly competitive, given they are supposed to be as close to stock as possible?"

The answer is just what you saw happen at Lap 60...wet the track down a bit. There is no way were are going to stop a race at lap XX to tell drivers, "OK, slow it up a bit, someone can get hurt out there." We have to adjust the racing conditions to be preferably safer....in the sense of slower speeds.

Truth be told, the amount of water at the beginning of the race does two things. First off, as I explained earlier, it is supposed to be the ONLY time we will have to wet the track for a 100 Lap race....if the weather is against us and the track dries up like it did Sunday, we are left with no choice but to throw a flag.

Two, it affords SOME drivers a mental prep for the race. In those 10-15 laps, people lose the original adrenaline rush that causes their foot to flop on the gas and ruin their car in the first quarter of the race. Drivers have to endure and keep their wits about them during this time or else it's game over. We've all seen the drivers who are new to the sport jump on the green flag start and end up in the infield before Lap 2. If the track were drier and they are able to get up to higher speeds, that might result in a Turn 1 pile up or melee down the back stretch... Drivers use their skills to outlast the wet conditions and then they are free to race full bore once the track is ran in.

Like I said, we will talk to Kenny about less water or a more preferably prepped surface.

My only complaint about people voicing their opinion here is that it is HERE!!!! Say something at the track....not off the cuff to me early in the pits...bring it up at the driver's meeting. Talk to Kenny and me about the track. Talk, talk, talk! Typing it here is a problem because it is after the fact.... I'm not saying don't post your opinions, but if you want to truly be heard...speak, don't type!

As I said earlier, Kenny wants what you want...I want what you want... Kenny is not on the forums discussing this though. I can discuss it as much as you want, and won't ever tell you to stop, but discussing this with me, here, not at the track, will not solve the problem at hand if Kenny is not made aware of it.

Lastly, about speaking up....get the crowd behind you! When one person tells Kenny, "Let's put a little less water down this time" and walks away from him.....Kenny is not going to change something for just that one person when there are 73 other drivers not complaining.

I told him I had about 5 or so people last season complaining about track prep....his response was that if only 5 people out of 70+ are not happy.....then we're doing something right. Even so, he still took the time to talk about it at the driver's meeting.....speak as a group, you will be heard!
    Last edited by CJfilms; 04-14-2010 at 08:15 AM.
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

I was at the drivers meeting, and i did not see kenny, that does not mean he wasn't there, i just did not see him. Don't worry, i got a big mouth, this will be brought up at the next drivers meeting. Please make sure kenny is there. Thank you!!!

gutter7
    Captain, remember the first year at Diamond ? There was water on the track, cars would actully get stuck in the mud along the barriers. They worked it out, i think GV. will too.

Maybe its just me cause the 4 cyl FWD cars are a little easier to control in the mud but I love racing the first 10 or 15 laps of the race...thats the fun part...and then it turns into the more serious racing portion of the race after the track dries out.
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

Thread Information