Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why???

Everyone needs to just quit complaining...the track has been the same way every race(for the exceptiong of the first race(WAY too much water) and the 2nd race (not enough water) every race last year was the same...track is soaked down for 15 laps or so and then it starts to dry out...its an enduro you dont win in the first 10 or 15 laps...if you look over the the races last year in the 4 cyl class both the 93 and the 5 was often laped down early and still managed to win all but 1 race between them, why?? because they didnt race stupid and try winning in the mud in the first 15 laps...they waited till the track dries out and then race hard. As stated several times the track needs watered down that much to keep the dust down late in the race. To be honest with you, it seemed to me(sitting in the stands) that less water was put down this race then any other race last year...if you dont want to tear up your supposingly $500 race car go and run a saturday night division, if you dont want to get your beautiful paint job dirty then go race on a paved track, dont whine about how the track is prepared because you dont want to risk messing your car up...
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

Unhappy Enduro Water Sports........................

Different strokes for different folks...................but we can live without the "BACKSTROKE".................................. ...
    UNCLE PETEY..................

I hate to agree with my wife on this one.....but she said it best.

If you want to see Kenny water the track less, just look for him in the pits before the race. He did address this one time before a race in front of the drivers and no one came forward with any complaints.

Kenny wants what you want....hands down.... If you are unhappy and are thinking about not coming back because of the track conditioning, talk to him and he will reason with you.... The last thing Kenny wants to see is people leaving on bad terms....or leaving at all!

Don't think of Kenny, myself, any NEETS or speedway official as too busy to listen, or you have a question that is too insignificant to matter to us....everyone's opinion matters, Shon, at the very least, it absolutely matters to me!

We're here for you, because of you, to work for you....if you aren't happy and don't come anymore, then eventually we won't be there anymore....

More water, less water....let's work through this. Russ, you had a good point there as well. The later races last season, the track received less of a water treatment before the races...with the 5-6 months of off-season, Kenny probably just reverted back to the norm.....the norm he has been doing for the past 20 years of his life. Remember, we are the newbies! Give it a few years and eventually, the enduros will become 2nd nature! Kenny said it himself, the NEETS races were the first time he ever prepped a track for an enduro......he went by what he thought would work the best to keep the track together for 100 laps.
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

Quote Originally Posted by richardpetey View Post
    Driving an over "MOIST" dirt track brings back bad memories of the old days when over 200 cars started on a 1/2 mile oval...........................
    I'm tired of running harder than I should have too, later in the race, because someone thought they could win the race in the first 10 laps...........................
    UNCLE PETEY............................
    You got that rite....why dont the ones who do this learn that you dont get any reward for leading the race early on. Nor do wrecking others to get to the front right away... for what????? Just makes for !!!! Ive seen too much of that and been victim of this several times. Im not going to put up with that this year.... I will.....ah.... go ahead make my day!!!!

Nice statement

if you dont want to tear up your supposingly $500 race car go and run a saturday night division, if you dont want to get your beautiful paint job dirty then go race on a paved track, dont whine about how the track is prepared because you dont want to risk messing your car up...

First of all, I thought we were all adults and could voice our opinions without people bashing each other and acting like children. Grow up.

Good luck at the next Enduro.
    Last edited by dirtmodfan; 04-12-2010 at 11:47 PM.
    Shon Elk
    Elk Motorsports #10X
    www.elkmotorsports.com

My 39 cents worth.

Its an enduro. Its a dirt track in the daytime.It was not to much water.It got dusty in the big car class. phil

The track conditions in the beginning were just plain wrong. I understand that a race cannot be won in the first 5-10 laps, but when a racer cannot control his car at beginning of the race to even try to line up, sliding down in the turns, then something is wrong. Why should we "take it easy" in the beginning??? Aren't we there to race??? I know kenny is trying his best. I do not have all the answers, but this was needed to be talked about. I spun uncle peety in the first couple of laps, (sorry uncle), i was glad to see him continue, but what if he could not??? If it was a racing deal, in racing conditions, then so be it, but if it was because of track conditions, then something had to be said. This is just my opinion, and apparently this is the opinions of alot of drivers, with that being said, i do not think i am wrong with my comments. I know i cannot change anything, but talking about it just may help!!!

like joe, stated talk with kenny about how the track is prepped. the racer havea better understanding of how the track should be prepped, this is because most of the officals have an asphalt racing background as i do myself or no racing experience themselfs. so we go by what we think is right for you. talk to us, talk to kenny but we will get it to the way you like it
    Matt
    Neets official/ head flagger
    Driver/owner redneck racing enterprise #32
    www.RRE32.com
    www.redneckracingenterprise.bravehost.com

Also remember, everyone likes it differently so not everyone is going to be happy, if we could make everyone happy then we would be miracle workers...
    Erin Cutri
    NEETS Official: Co Promoter
    Email: bartleye2@hotmail.com
    Cell: 570-878-0769

DAM!!! This is one heck of a sore subject here. Glad I didint race on sunday. Its better to work it out on here than take it out on each other on the track.

Quote Originally Posted by mcstockcar View Post
    DAM!!! This is one heck of a sore subject here. Glad I didint race on sunday. Its better to work it out on here than take it out on each other on the track.
    Hey Jack, its not really a sore subject, it was the same racing surface we had all of last year, thats what an enduro is, always was. I tore the front up pretty good after sliding up the track and hitting the wall pretty hard, but it was my own fault, not Kennys. You missed a great day at the track Jack, hope to see you next time.

gutter7
    I agree Steve, The enduros are what they are but you want a clear track and a well preped track the speeds start exceeding the saftey, then you increase the saftey some more, the next thing you know you got a full blown racecar. I don't need no more racecars. It just takes the fun out of slapping one together and if ya get one race out of it, oh well it was a junker any way. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by gutter7 View Post
    I agree Steve, The enduros are what they are but you want a clear track and a well preped track the speeds start exceeding the saftey, then you increase the saftey some more, the next thing you know you got a full blown racecar. I don't need no more racecars. It just takes the fun out of slapping one together and if ya get one race out of it, oh well it was a junker any way. JMO
    good point, not all of us experience the real costs of racing, but i have kept my whole enduro operation including price of my truck, kirkey seat, simpson belts, s&w rollcage, hood pins, new parts and whatever else i had to fix for under 1000 dollars. in the mods, we have 4 cars, 5 motors, 2 trailers, camper, spares, tools, etc etc. racing for anywhere between 2000-5000 to win on your average small block to big block race. no matter how bad i think i have it with entry fees and costs, i just remember what it costs to run the mods and i shut my mouth real quick...

I raced at big diamond and new egypt speedway, how come they do not have puddles on their tracks??? I just want a good racing surface, from the start. Other tracks can do it, why can't we get it done at gv. I do not want to seem like i am picking, but it is no fun driving around a slick track trying to stay out of trouble, then getting taken out of the race in the first 3 laps because someone is out of control, or got hit and put out of control. Like i said i do not have all the answers, i know you cannot please everyone, but if the track has less water, then we all can get around more safely, and can save our car.

water

ok ive watched that truck it has a spray bar and a dump tube and he wets with the dump tube and not the spray bar for us and i see no reason for that if he would stop 2 laps earlyier that would be better
    Aaron"The Thriller"Miller
    redneck rocket racing #78 chevy caprice

Thread Information