Quote Originally Posted by CJfilms View Post
So, if you haven't seen this video already, and I know it has been around on our forums before as well......it is time to take a peek!

This is a video from the final race at Nazareth Speedway, looks like 200+ cars on the track....and at least one driver we all know too well......Petey....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk42EY_Nzno

So, the question is....what do we need to do to get this type of event off again?

Money? We'll find some big time sponsors and advertise a massive purse....

Publicity? We can get local AND national coverage on TV, radio and magazines WELL before hand if we can guarantee turn outs like so...

Laps? Obviously we would have to have a high lap event to attract drivers from all over!

Car Counts? Would it be best to run ALL the cars together if we can expect 150 + cars? The speeds would be limited due to traffic.....then we could run ONE LONG RACE!!!!

Give me your input....let's make this a reality!
wow! i used to go to a lot of the enduros at flemington, mostly when it was dirt. there were times they got a good 150 cars. i always rooted for tim pauch because i am a billy pauch fan as far as dirt is concerned. not sure this could be pulled off today because today's enduro racing is basically factory stock racing without cautions. i'd love to see this happen. i think the perfect track to do it at would be bridgeport. you need a large track to put that many cars on it.

by the way....some of the people in that video are morons, specifically the ones standing in FRONT of the infield guardrail as opposed to BEHIND it. they're also standing right out at the edge of the track. my god we were morons back then.