Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two Legends Divisions

fred card

rookies

great job riverhead raceway ,for giving rookies a chance to learn there cars and not getting run over, good luck all legend drivers and have a great 2010 season

Having a freshman race would be a pretty good idea But i think they should just have a B-main for all those who do not qualify and maybe the winner of that goes to the A-Main. They already handicap drivers in every division to how they drive as they have told drivers to start in the back until they get a hang of it. So start the young cats off in the back and keep an eye on them, if they are ok then mix them in the field accordingly otherwise keep startin them in the back.

Thumbs up

I just got some more info and from what i hear the officals have talked to most of the young peoples parents and they agree this is a good idea. As long as they all agree i think it is an awsome idea. Get some exspierence and and when the offical feel they are up to speed put them with the main guys. I didnt know they already talked to the parents of the kids so ill take back what i said before. Great Idea
    Chris Turbush

I think its a great idea. I watched the "rookie only" practice on the first practice day and by eye I was like wow these kids are getting around pretty good. Till I put a stopwatch on them and realized they were over a second off the pace of the cars in the practice before them. Seems like a great way to get them a feel for racing side by side, without getting run over from behind. Plus they get a chance to win a race, or run upfront in their feature which will help tremendously for their confidence level going forward.

One thing I think they should do is something they do with the Dare Stock class up at Stafford which is another beginner class. If one kid wins more then 2 or 3 of these "young lions" races he should have to automatically move up to run with the big boys. Just prevents a kid from hanging around dominating the young lions class and will give as many kids as possible a chance to race with the big boys!
    Freddie Kraft
    ~66~Rest In Peace JB3~66~
    ~12~ TS Motorsports ~12~
    ~08~ Young Guns Motorsports ~08~

Thread Information