Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fig 8 ?

fig 8 ?

not happy about this merger with the f8,i understand there dilema, but to run my car with with cars that have sherman tank push bars!!doesnt make me happy,if they are willing to run the oval why not run the whole division on the oval until the x is good to run on again?that would be a cool and fair arrangement.just feel that this wont be a good thing!for our division as a whole,and vice versa.

you gotta take it from there point of view they work hard all winter to get their cars done for opening night and they cant run so if they get a chance to run the oval then let it be they are so they just swich to a oval set instead or a figure eight set we will just have to see how they do tommorrow

Maybe if enough Figure 8's show up you get to run meaningful heats and get a few extra bucks in the purse?

Sherman tanks..lol If they have a bumper cover they have to follow the same bumper rules as you. So I dont see what the difference is. Im with you Jaws I would think that you would want a full field of cars to race against.
    Freddie Kraft
    ~66~Rest In Peace JB3~66~
    ~12~ TS Motorsports ~12~
    ~08~ Young Guns Motorsports ~08~

The only two cars confirmed to run with the chargers indeed to have bumper covers, the 34 and the 28. Shouldn't be any issues there.
    Rob Bader Jr.
    19 BLUNDERBUST

Not all figure 8s have the equipment to change gears over. This is why all of the division doesn't want to run their race in the oval.

And not for nothing at least my dad and Arne could drive. Not like it's their first time driving and don't have experience.
    Last edited by leah28racing; 04-30-2010 at 01:31 PM.

LEARN.... FROM YESTERDAY,
    LIVE.... FOR TODAY,
    HOPE....FOR TOMORROW

LEAH MAYNOR

leahmaynor@gmail.com
    leahdec22@aim.com

Might open up a can of worms with the rule differences though. But to fill the class will be good. What happens if a figure eight wants to stay in chargers? Tube chassis 105 inch wheelbase coilovers will that be legal for us chargers?
    Chris Turbush

Quote Originally Posted by bulldozer View Post
    Might open up a can of worms with the rule differences though. But to fill the class will be good. What happens if a figure eight wants to stay in chargers? Tube chassis 105 inch wheelbase coilovers will that be legal for us chargers?
    The word is we can run w/ chargers until track is ready. when track is ready?? must comply w/ division rules.

make em add weight

Quote Originally Posted by quickmc73 View Post
    not happy about this merger with the f8,i understand there dilema, but to run my car with with cars that have sherman tank push bars!!doesnt make me happy,if they are willing to run the oval why not run the whole division on the oval until the x is good to run on again?that would be a cool and fair arrangement.just feel that this wont be a good thing!for our division as a whole,and vice versa.
    we all want to race but if the tracks not ready soon you are going to see more fig-8 cars in the division. we don't want to tear our stuff up either. as for the 2 cars racing this sat. the push bars are all the same as what fred kraft has mentioned any car w/ nose cone in any division all have the same push bar rule and those drivers I know will welcome all to come and take a look before the race. Roger Manor has raced for many yrs and comes from the back in every race his car always come out clean same for Arne good driver and has come from the back as well. just keep in mind small track and things do happen SHORT TRACK RACING.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
    make em add weight
    if the fig-8 are dominating practice let the track decide we run 3200 total weight what is charge wigh rule?

last time i knew chargers are faster no? why would we have to add weight?

LEARN.... FROM YESTERDAY,
    LIVE.... FOR TODAY,
    HOPE....FOR TOMORROW

LEAH MAYNOR

leahmaynor@gmail.com
    leahdec22@aim.com

f 8

Quote Originally Posted by leah28racing View Post
    last time i knew chargers are faster no? why would we have to add weight?
    well it is what it is!i can relate to the hard work and money put in our cars over the winter,and i think that time will tell if this will work so lets just race hard and have fun.i know that roger and arnie are clean racers,see you guys tomorrow!!!

Tigers

opening night

I wonder if last night is an indication of how the season will be in the charger division. I understand everyone wants to chase down the 81 - and that's fine. I understand that bumping and pushing is all part of racing - and that's fine too. But I am not sure if I understand the need to do all this on the first lap of the first race of the season. Maybe I am wrong - and that's fine too. There is a long season ahead and you would think that the bumping and shoving would start a little later than LAP 1. I guess the points championship is worth making enemies out there on the track. But like I said it is a long season so I guess it is going to happen to everyone.

i thinkt he fig 8s did well last night with the chargers they kept up nice and there wasnt any extra bumping and banging because they were there everything went very smooth
    R.I.P Poppy. The best turn 3 beer man Riverhead Raceway has ever seen and the best grandfather anyone could ask for!Tony Mastrangelo 7-10-35 to 12-29-02 R.I.P. 03, 1, 7, 66, 93 rip wild bill

Thread Information