Thread: seperate division ??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

seperate division ??

after watching yesterday, i think some of the 'freshmen' drivers are getting the short end of the stick. clearly there were about 4 or 5 'freshmen' drivers that were better than 4-5 of the non-'freshmen' drivers, how can you say they cant run the main if some of them are better than some of the non- 'freshmen'???

I totally missed the "freshman" race...didn't know they were doing that before 5pm

Yeah someone asked me about it and I told them I dont think they ran the freshman race...

JDMotorsports
    Ok, I generally keep my mouth shut but this time I feel the right to speak out. First off it was a great disappointment to see how the "freshman" class was handled. What was the point of running it before 5pm? The class was run like it was a 10 lap/10 min practice session. They weren't even part of the opening drivers meeting.....

Next rant, Heats... With a car count of over 30 cars (including freshman) why didn't they split it into A/B and a feature event?????? Why not run half the TOTAL field between the A and B with top 8 or 10 finishes going in to the final, this would quickly narrow the field out.

Also what makes someone a "freshman"....

Is it someone that's young and fresh out of karting?
    Is it someone that's never raced at Riverhead?
    Maybe it's someone that has 12+ years of racing experience that took sometime off and is now getting back in......?
    How did the officials categorize each individual?

I'll finish off by saying that I ran in the "freshman" class... and finished in the top 5. In no way did I have the winning car for either division but that shouldn't classify someone as a freshman, correct?
    Lastly, I had family and friends come to support my team and RIVERHEAD to only miss my race because the show starts at 5pm and not 4-4:30... Oh and lets not forget the sponsors.

Thanks for listening

-John

??

Which car were you ? what number ?

You are right .It's not fair to run the race before the scheduled time.Not only are fans,family and sponsors short changed but the drivers and crew are denied there 15 minutes of fame.

JDMotorsports
    Kevin,
    I'll give you a clue, nice touch going into turn 1/2....

All day we battled a slipping clutch and then for the race we loosened the car too much.

John

Thread Information