Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanks for the "treat" kenny rodgers

Thanks for the "treat" kenny rodgers

What happened to less water in the turns kenny??? What hapened to we will talk about it in the drivers meeting kenny??? Instead of talking about it, you stormed away from the meeting like a little girl. "shake, shake, shake, your head, your still getting the water" . I believe those were your last words to us. All that the drivers wanted was less water so we can race, instead we got a ton more water, and a pleasant " just take it easy for the first 15 laps. We did not pay for a 85 lap race. Do the modifieds race in those conditions??? How come the speedsters did not get the same condition, Well mister rodgers, the track did not come around until about lap 35. Thats about 20 laps longer then your 15 lap estimate, so we got a we a 65 lap race. We all support your track, at least you can listen to us drivers and support us, and give us what we want to race on, not ram it through our pants. I believe you did it on purpose just to prove a point that you do not want to be told what to do. All i got out of today was a totaled car that wasn't even mine. I like running at your track kenny, but you really screwed us all today. You can ban me if you want, i really do not care, i will be returning, but hopefully you will listen to us, AND THIS NONSENSE WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN.
    Congrads to the winner, and all that placed. Captain in the 911
    Last edited by CAPTAIN; 05-09-2010 at 09:02 PM.

wo wo wo, a little harsh there. but i have to admit, the title made me laugh.

your right, it was a cold day and the sun was in and out so the track did not dry up as planned. I got pushed high in turns 3-4 a few times and one time i had 100% no control over my truck and i slid sideways straight into the treacherous turn 4 wall. this was around lap 40-50? wow was it a hit, the truck survived, but it rattled the heck out of me. after that, my truck sputtered on and off the rest of the race. sometimes it would drop down to 35 mph at full throttle. are the drivers in danger in those conditions should be the question.

but all in all, im not upset, it was fun and I will be back.

I think it made things interesting out there as usaual, It a good test of driver skill. It sure tested what little bit of time I have on dirt. I did spin out in the mud but learned to keep out of trouble. (when all else fails- dump your car in the infield instead of getting blasted!)
    A few people have to have more patience out there until the track begins to "hook up". Take it easy....the race dont need to be won in the first 10 laps...nor do it pay anymore for leading the race right away. The ones who hang back and wait (as I) for the track to work can benefit from it. As that being said; the ones who go ape $h*! and try going as fast as they can end up taking out other cars around them. Thats what pi$$e$ me off. I dont look forward to fixing my car every week because of someones need to blast down the track sliding into everyone in the first 10-15 laps. Take it easy... were here to have fun. Its an enduro race.... if it were asphalt theyd wet that down too. Thanks to everyone today who showed up today. I had a great 1st race out. I saw some great racing out there, and some FAST cars! I got no beef with Kenny...Were in his sandbox playin!

I agree Jack, in the small cars there were plenty of inpatient drivers. and this was over the halfway point! i understand im underpowered and slow out there, but cutting me off and slamming into my rear, was that really necessary people? i was so close to losing my temper a few times

Wtf???

Who was racing at lap 10??? No one was!!!

I hear ya

Very well said Capt. You could tell it was all for spite. Also 30 laps of patience is alittle long.

Track?

I have no idea what happened at the meeting (I was late), but there was a ton of water on the track. I had to use a tearoff before we even took the green. Can we please cut back a little bit? I understand that you are trying to keep the dust down, but a lot of cars end up getting destroyed/wrecked because of the we track.

Let's face it. We all want to race. If the track was made of ice we would still try to go fast. A little less water would make for better, safer racing conditions in both classes. I did not see the speedsters slipping and sliding around.

All-in-all I had a lot of fun today. The flat tire was a disappointment because of someone driving over his head (you know who you are....that's two times now).

Good luck to everyone next week at Big D. See you then or on the 6th on the Hill.

Shon Elk
    Elk Motorsports #10X
    www.elkmotorsports.com

I feel the same Captain!!!!! Even in the 4 Cyl. (race)I could not even toucch the gas at all until the 60th lap or more!! Why !!! This is not what I want . My car I know is better than what it showed today . Who is the PROMOTOR of this race ?????????? I shook my head at the drivers meeting and Mr. Rodgers said shake your head I`m gonna put water on the track , AND RAN AWAY !

wow...sounds like I didn't miss much today
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

I raced the TRACK for 100 laps. I enjoyed all 100 laps.It got fast in the groove.And stayed slippery out of the groove. You just had to race with patience. I watched much of the big car race.And many drivers raced with patience and you know they finished in the money. Sure the speedsters had a dry track.And with the 13 or so of them in 25 laps it was dusty.Was there too much water? phil

Why wasn`t the track wet for the speedsters? They dont produce as much dust?????? Bull@##t

America sure is great. Freedom of speech. For now. phil

This is the one thread I want to reply to tonight and it is going to be short, simple and clear....

Please keep what you write clean, this is supposed to be a family-friendly series.

Please understand your words will be heard....although it may seem we aren't doing anything about some complaints....hopefully you will understand after today that there are some things we, the series, cannot control.

Freedom of speech is still free here, I'm not going to edit/modify this thread unless it gets out of hand....please keep it clean and focused.

Thank you.
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

Just my two cents but I think there would have been a safer track if the water was stopped short of the wall. I made the mistake of getting out of the groove somewhere around lap 30 and couldn't keep it from hitting the wall. Fortunatly I kept it straight coming off the wall and didn't involve any other cars. The same thing happened right after Dave B flipped and the groove was blocked but I wasn't going nearly as fast and still just slid into it. All in all I had a good race with little damage and that was my own fault for being impatient and not staying in the groove.
    Last edited by Poppop; 05-10-2010 at 06:27 AM.

gutter7
    The 911 getting wrecked can't all be blamed on the track. You had to know something bad was going to happen going that fast across the infield (turn one, to the end of the back stretch opening) out onto a wet track with a pack of cars coming.

It sucks the car got wrecked. but like the cops say "you may have entered too fast for conditions".

Stage a sit out...when they throw the green next time, everyone pull in to the infield and wait for the trak to dry.

Thread Information