Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thanks for the "treat" kenny rodgers

Scanner Reception Problems

Someone with a strong voice needs to sit on that elevated deck in the center of the infield.
    That's the best spot to be transmitting from.

Also, try sticking the scanner antennas outside of the car.
    Having the antenna inside the car will cut down on reception.

Quote Originally Posted by mcstockcar View Post
    I heard a few beeps and no voices..WITH new batteries! I just watch the flaggers/spotters/lights as Im chasin my tail!
    Those beeps you heard must be that new censoring technology on Joe' Radio.

NeetsAnnouncer33

Unhappy

Guys after the mud went away it was an awesome race I understand that guys don't wanna tear there equipment up and times are hard now, and it was great race don't get me wrong and I am asking what is the objective of an enduro to endur anything and everything that is thrown at you. Including tire debris left from flat tires car's left standing after a wreck, i remember watching an enduro at flemington and they litterally put soap and water on the track i know it is asphalt but that was fun.

You guys did an awesome job yesterday with the conditions and everyone is very talented at what they do.

Wink Underwater Beeps..........................

Those beeps you heard must be that new censoring technology on Joe' Radio.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure those "beeps" were the submarines sonar running next to us in the "bay of grandview".............................
    UNCLE PETEY........................

Beeped up!

The radio being used was one of my new radios that ended up solving the scanner problem we were having last season.....I had problems with the headset last season, I'll look into it this month and have it corrected before June 6th!

Unless the scanners have less power to receive the call, then that may answer calls not being heard on the back stretch....either way, the issue will be corrected before the next race....I have another brand new radio that I picked up for this season....this one should fix any underlying issues...
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

ain't all this electronic stuff fun

Joe.....
    Going back to your thumbs up/thumbs down idea. They do this on a Saturday night with the Modifieds when they have some rain during the night, to give their opinion of the tracks conditions. If it works then why wouldn't it for you guys?

I must say the guys did a decent job trying to control their cars out their on the slippy track.

Sometimes my radio scans other frequencies and I hear the local EMT,Fire dept.
    Its always interesting to hear a -10 adam 30- we have a MVA on 5 upsidedown street..... Asistance is requested.

Unhappy We Have a Failure to Communicate.....................

I heard Joe on the scanner for about 10 or so laps then all I got was static.............
    Can we use another radio that our crew/pit guys can communicate with the driver as well as monitor the scanner....................
    Because they will be watching only their driver during the race they can be better suited to relay the messages, such as flat tire, red flag, track too wet(oops) or other important info.....................................
    UNCLE PETEY.........................

I heard 90% static and 10% joe the whole race...

opening day was 100% clear and i heard joe very clearly. this time, it was horrible. what changed?

Kenny81

Smile Old School/New School

In talking with some of my racing buddies about the track on Sunday, I got a lot of "that's what dirt racing is all about" and "when I was racing at _______, they'd dump 4,000 gallons of water on the track and then mix in some soap for good measure. I'd keep a garden trowel in one hand to dig the mud off my face shield so I could see" etc, etc, etc.

Sorry to say, I missed those glory days of racing, although some of the cars (the big ones anyway) seemed to have survived. So it kind of dawned on me that we really have two types of racing going on in Neets, the Old School big car drivers who have cars that seem to go on forever and the New School drivers whose small, mostly front wheel drive, cars can't take near the punishment.

Here would be my lighthearted solution. Give our (the small car) alltoment of water to the big cars and let us (small cars) run with little or no water for 85 laps instead of 100 since the first 15 or so are wasted anyway, and I'm sure the fans are less than thrilled seeing us go 20 mph for the first ten minutes of the race.

Just a thought.

Back to the mud conversation

Here is an idea and as a fan I would perfer....wet the track down some in the beginning and make a mandatory caution half way to wet it down. I would much rather this then to see 2 or 3 red flags early on because the cars can't get into the pits!

Christine Detweiler[/QUOTE]

To add to what Christine is saying...why not start the race with at least half the water we do now and have a mandatory caution when things get dusty. Except use the Yellow. Joe, I know you heard this before but throwing a red makes wetting the track much more difficult when you have 40 cars scattered everywhere. Get the pace truck out there to pick-up the leader and everyone else stays in line behind him and then we all follow the water truck around for three laps or so. This would also give drivers an oppurtunity to pit. You also have a radio (when working) to keep everyone in line if there is any confusion. This should not take more than 15 minutes! Big Diamond uses the yellow during enduros without any problems. I think most drivers (and fans) would tolerate losing 3 or so laps in the middle of the race rather than watch 50 laps of slop like we had in the 4cyl show.

Unhappy What a Mudder..................

If the track is properly prepared you can run 100 laps without any dusty conditions at the end of the race.....................................
    Mr. Rodgers should take his track grooming equipment outa the closet and start working the moisture into the track...........................
    Years ago when you had 150 to 300 cars on the track you had to water the track many times to keep the dust and speeds down, those days are over......................
    UNCLE PETEY...........................

grandview runs a 100 lap "traffic jam" for the modifieds, or at least used to, and by the end it was barely dusty...those cars tear up the track a hell of a lot more than the enduro cars do.

Id rather see a caution come out when the dust gets bad, water the track with all of the running cars following the pace truck, then get back to it as mentioned above
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

I personally dont see anything wrong with the way the track is watered down...other then the fact that i removed three 5 gallon buckets of mud from the left front wheel well/ suspension itself, and probley another 2 or 3 hours cleaning the rest of the car, I dont see why people should have a problem with it. The car is now half brown half blue. This race was the muddest(if thats a word) race Ive seen. But I never hit the wall. Its the people that goes in the turns at 50mph the first lap and washes up and slams the wall and then complains about the track be wet...You know its muddy, dont drive in so hard. and someone mentioned they couldnt touch the gas for the first 60 laps. I was pretty close to be wide open by lap 35 or 40. If you got out of the "racing line" yes you slide up alot but thats only becuase there was dead cars going into 1 and coming out of 2 half way up, so not much of the turn dried up any. And turn 3 was mostly in the shade so it cant dry up as normal and turn 4 is always muddy even on lap 100...i dont understand that though...What Im getting at is the track has always been this muddy from the first time NEETS been there and everytime people complain about it and nothing is changing, so why complain. I know i said this before and got comented back about how its a free country and we can voice our opionins yada yada yada but why??? but If people are saying its possible to do 100 laps with modifieds at grandview without the track drying up, why is the track not preped that same way??? does it cost more money to it that way??? or is it time consumption??? at Airport Spedway it take the track crew(2 guys) about an 45 mins to prep the track granit its only a 1/8th of a mile but it holds up great and not much dust. The send the water truck out and a roller truck which is a cart with big thick wheels filled with concerte and large havey metel pulled by a tractor... with the equiptment that grandview has it should only take at max maybe 2 hrs to prep it...am i wrong??? and the comments about the radio, I was hearing the same thing a beep, low staticky talking and another beep. but again thats why there are 4 or 5 lights around the track and 3 or 4 flaggers...when you hear a "beep" look around to the next flagger and see if he has a red flag displayed...
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

4 cylinder cars for the most part are front wheel drive, and handle the mud a lot better than the rear wheel drive big cars do. If you look, most of the unhappy drivers are rear wheel drive big cars...

makes sense to me.
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

Thread Information