Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Thanks for the "treat" kenny rodgers

Too wet to dry...

The Small Cars do handle the mud better...being front wheel drive cars.

But, when it gets REALLY muddy and even the Small Cars have no control, the biggest problem for them is that they are all front...once that car slams into the wall hard enough or in just the right way, the car will not run right for either the rest of the race (if you're lucky) or ever again.

Big Cars should be running on a drier track since they are mostly rear-wheel drive cars.

When it gets REALLY muddy, we see the Big Cars just start sliding around even at low speeds...you don't have much of a choice since if you go too slow you risk sliding out of position during the pace laps AND if you go too fast, you risk slamming another car or the wall and eventually spinning out in front of traffic.

I like the idea that was mentioned about LESS water for the Big Cars and about the same amount for the Small Cars. That is something we will have to (or at least I would like to) experiment with...
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

As for the mud sticking factor- you can spray your inner well down with silicone spray, PAM, or wd-40. It works.

im rear wheel drive with a 4200 pound truck and no weight in the rear, im YET to spin out...

Unhappy MUDdled...................

I think they used the WD-40 or PAM on the track.........................
    Yes sir, 50 mph full fendered concrete caged mud wrestling best outa eight crud match.....................................
    UNCLE PETEY............................

Quote Originally Posted by Danger83Ranger View Post
    im rear wheel drive with a 4200 pound truck and no weight in the rear, im YET to spin out...
    You probably need another 50 hp. to spin out Mike: or a lead foot.

true, the thing doesnt have enough power to swing the rear around

Wink Danger Overweight Ranger.................

What ya got in that p/u a big block in the front and the back............................
    You better throw your scales away, that truck wouldn't weight 4200lbs. if you loaded the bed up with grandview play-do..........................
    UNCLE PETEY..............................

ha ha, i guess i exaggerated a bit. dry weight is around 3000 somewhere. I some how added 1000 pounds in my rambling...haha

please don't bash me!

i was not there but here's my thought. as a racer a really wet track stinks. you slide out of control and you reck your car. you want to race hard but you can't. as a fan, i love it. you watch cars slide out of control and kiss the wall. they hit each other (not super hard) and lol when things go wrong. i also love watch the drivers working there way threw all the mud and race for the win! from the highlites you had a great finish in the big cars. it is up to the driver to learn to handle what the track gives them. but you all put on one heck of a show each time you race . hope to be there soon racing.

You are right T-bird...it is fun to watch cars slide through the turns and kiss the wall...however, being a driver yourself, you will understand this...

The cars are not sliding through turns, they are sliding up and down the straights....they are not kissing the walls, they're getting slammed into them with no chance of reclaiming the car.

Kissing the wall is one thing, but when the car slides into the wall unable to turn the wheels or control their speed, someone is going to get hurt. Safety is key here....we've been over this discussion that safe does not equal fast, however, cars sliding out of control are not safe either...

I'm going to start a new thread and I think EVERYONE should voice their opinion....
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

i kissed the wall now i have to figure out how to pay for the parts i need to fix my mud bogger

cut off mountain dew for the next 3 weeks, than you will save enough to fix the car.

by the way critter, how many laps down was i this race...did you guys count? haha

i dont count laps down ,and im not given up my dew , its keeps me going

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    i kissed the wall now i have to figure out how to pay for the parts i need to fix my mud bogger
    Did she kiss back? I think you used a little too much tongue on that on critter.

Quote Originally Posted by Danger83Ranger View Post
    and it sucks being behind you in a turn

freaking mud flying all over the place
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

Thread Information