Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Flipping Five

The Flipping Five

The last half of the Dave Bentley Jr. #5 car flip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmUkeAsbzJ8

Sad to see another quality car bite the mud (no dust yesterday)

I think the 17 car should have been black flagged. A car rolls in front of and he stops then as the red is obviously coming out he floors it through the infield and almost hits a track safety worker.
    "Taken To School"

wow that was a pretty nasty roll there.
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

Although we want all drivers to stop immediately when a nasty situation occurs....he did what was necessary...

First off, he got out of the way for emergency crews to have enough room to work.

Secondly, he gave himself a clear path for the green...last thing we want to see is his car stuck somewhere that he will have to literally back up to get a clear path.

Typically, we will move cars around to allow them a clear start...but he did not do anything to warrant removing him from the race......from my standpoint...he did move a little far though...
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

It bothers me more that he went through the infield.
    "Taken To School"

after re-watching, I now see what you are talking about here. I would have to agree, it was a REALLY stupid move and he could have hit that fire fighter there. Obviously he just saw a car roll over, the red flag is going to be out, he was stopped...then took off around the crash.

everyone is always pushing the "slow down and get your car stopped as soon as possible when the red comes out"...here the red is obviously going to fly, weather the driver has seen it or not, and he decides to actually start moving again.

Although I don't think he should have been removed...moving under red should have knocked him down a lap in my opinion. from what I saw in the video, that track worker got lucky.
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

Not the 17

For the record...that is NOT the 17 car that went through the infield.

Bad taste!!!

I think it was bad what happened to the 5 car, i know i got wrecked also, but bentley's dad, crew member or who ever he was did not have to go down to tech after the 17k driver. 17k stated that he did not hit the 5, now i am only going from the 17k word. I am not saying 17k did not hit him, i am only going by what i was told. Bentleys "crew member" should have kept himself in the pits where he belongs. Maybe, just maybe the 5 car had a wheel break, the wheel did go up the track. Maybe not. I saw the crash, but i was i turn two, i had a bad angle, but there was no reason to go to the tech area to start a fight. Take your lumps like everyone else and move on!!! I am glad to see bentley was ok.

Captain, Bad Taste ?

Bad Taste is coming on a forum and ripping the track owner.

very true. but as stated before, the only way to be heard, is to go to kenny himself. but after that drivers meeting sunday, i dont think thats going to do any good anymore...haha

Quote Originally Posted by AK17 View Post
    For the record...that is NOT the 17 car that went through the infield.
    Um....actually it was....it was the #17K though, not you Art!

As for someone starting a fight in the tech area.....this is news to me. I did not hear anything about this, but I'm looking into it.

I spoke with Dave after the race on the phone....he told me he went into the corner fast (maybe a little too fast, looking back) and felt something let go....he did feel what felt like a hit from another car, however he felt something "let go" first. If he did get hit by the #17K, it was because he was already in either a spin or losing control at that point.

One thing I know is that BOTH 17's (17 of Art Kulik and 17K of Russ Killian) have been in the wrong place at the wrong time when it comes to cars flipping....think back to Nate's flip last season...but, neither driver is vindictive or overly aggressive. They both race cool and collected.

IF Dave was hit by the #17K, it was not intentional. Yes, the wheel came off and flew past the car after it was done flipping...VERY similar to both the #44 and #71 that flipped late last season. Most likely what happened was the wheel broke and the car lost control, dug down into the dirt and slowed (or nearly stopped) the car right in front of the #17K. With no time to react, and nothing that could have really prevented this, the 17K probably did bump him.

Dave told me he saw no paint on his bumper that resembled the 17K's colors. So, let's take the 17's off the chopping block at this point and move forward....thank God Dave is not hurt and we should ALL hope he returns soon....he is the defending Small Car Champion!

from what i can gather from J Lynns photos, he did 4 complete flips. thats a new record i believe. glad hes ok

Why the picking on the 17K??

I saw the flip happen from the pitside stands..Both cars were racing hard going into turn 3. If the 17K did hit the 5 it was in racing form, which I'm not sure he did because right before the flip I watched the 5 car's front end go down like he hit a pothole/gully. And after watching the you tube clip after the flip I did see the 17k car go around the 5 yes the firefighter was close but did not seem like he was in any danger. Also, the 17k kept going but seeing the video I saw the 127, 39 and 2 other cars go flying by too so why single out the 17k???
    Next yes there was an incident down where the cars were being teched I think it was the #5's dad going after the 17k, why was he in the infield?? He had no business being there especially trying to cause a problem. But I guess this is his nature because he tried to start a fight at the December banquet!!! People were giving speeches and he was yelling at someone at the table next to him acting like a goof trying to pick a fight!! Went on for quite awhile. NO RESPECT to Joe and the rest of the Neets crew who were the ones talking at the time.
    Next, has the rule changed about leaving the cars on the track??? Cuz they towed the 5 car off the track, just curious. Hope it has!!

Thread Information