Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Flipping Five

The rule has not changed, cars are to be left on the track...I wasn't even aware it was removed!! The only reason I could think of it being removed is in the event of a fuel leak, that would be too dangerous to be left on the track if there was a fuel leak

And the 17k was not in the wrong, everything happened right in front of him and he had no where to go. If I were in the same spot I would get around the car fast, too so the proper track crew can check on him to make sure he was ok. He reacted quickly out of the best interest of the driver in the flipped car.
    Last edited by Erin C; 05-11-2010 at 02:57 PM. Reason: No need for Joe to respond to something that didn't happen...edited that part out, lol.
    Erin Cutri
    NEETS Official: Co Promoter
    Email: bartleye2@hotmail.com
    Cell: 570-878-0769

Quote Originally Posted by nscrchick View Post
    Next, has the rule changed about leaving the cars on the track??? Cuz they towed the 5 car off the track, just curious. Hope it has!!
    I edited the video. The towing of the #5 car was done after the race was over.

I think somebody just looked at the video clips. I drove around the dead #5 a whole lot of times. It didn't get towed till after the race.
    And Dave types faster than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppop View Post
    I think somebody just looked at the video clips. I drove around the dead #5 a whole lot of times. It didn't get towed till after the race.
    I didn't think it was! I was really racking my brain there trying to remember if it was removed and now I am relieved that I didn't remember because it didn't happen, I am not going crazy!
    Erin Cutri
    NEETS Official: Co Promoter
    Email: bartleye2@hotmail.com
    Cell: 570-878-0769

As for what happened to the #5 , the right rear broke on the car. I never touched him. I guess they are looking to put the blame on someone. The car couldn`t possibly of had a mechanical failure. As for the incident at tech, we did have words ( it was his father spouting off) and I think I made myself very clear as to my point .Maybe they should of talked to me and asked if I had seen anything.

Quote Originally Posted by NeetsSpectator View Post
    I edited the video. The towing of the #5 car was done after the race was over.
    THANK YOU DAVE!!!! I thought I was losing my mind! LOL!!!

Yes, the car did remain where it was on the track.....however, we will be having a NEETS Officials' meeting over issues we are having internally.

Apparently, a few of our infield helpers and volunteers are not aware of some of our rules and the unwritten rules. This is understandable since most of the people in the infield are tow truck operators, EMT or fire crews. Their first reaction to a flipped car is obviously get the driver out and to safety, then flip it over and move it off the track....WRONG.... We will flip the car back over so it is at least on its wheels, however it will not be moved. Their natural reaction is right for most racing conditions....but, we're not most racing conditions! LOL!!!

The biggest issue is that the officials who have been with the series the longest are in the most necessary positions....flagging and tech. Most of our NEETS infielders are either volunteers or part-timers (meaning that they are not at each and every race). We will be having a meeting to coordinate with our guys so that we can all work together on the same thought process...no one will be doing their own thing. Also, a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link....therefore if we are relying on someone who does not know our unwritten rules which we have formulated over years of working together...we cannot expect them to be on our level.

Lastly, welcome aboard Christine!
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

Quote Originally Posted by rk1714 View Post
    As for the incident at tech, we did have words...
    I'm glad that only "words" were had there..... We do not tolerate fighting on any level. Drivers/crew/etc. involved in fights will be removed...regardless of who started it.

I hope the issue has been resolved between/among you all.....I will check in with Dave Jr. tonight again to see how he is and I will be speaking with Sr. as well....I know he can be hot-tempered given he saw his son flip, it's very possible to be enraged beyond reason....putting the blame on someone else is the easiest thing to do...we've all done it at some point in time.

Thankfully, and most importantly, no one was hurt during the incident, in tech afterward and hopefully no feelings were hurt either. Let's all move on and keep on racin'!

Quote Originally Posted by Poppop View Post

lol im with kenny on this one. we drove passed the #5 for what 30-40 laps? lol it was never towed off the track till after the race

A little video editing and look at what I've stirred up!

Hmm... What if I played Critters crash backwards . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CJfilms View Post
    Um....actually it was....it was the #17K though, not you Art!
    If it would have been the 17...I'd start to wonder about him

Nah, after the 17 got into me in turn 1 last year and I rolled, I was a little frustrated at first because everyone was saying "the 17 dumped you" or "he did it intentionally". Even a track official told me that Art crashed me.

Everyone gets bent out of shape too quickly and doesn't stop and look at the big picture. We are driving (what are supposed to be) completely stock cars that were never intended for racing at high speeds around a bumpy mud covered dirt track with 20 -30 other cars...it's a recipe for disaster.

In my case, the 17 did get into me leading to my roll over, I hold nothing against him and have talked to him in the pits at races after that. To me, it was just racing, and neither of us could have avoided what happened.

It sucks what happened to the 5 car, it's not fun rolling, but I wouldn't blame the 17k for the roll...weather he hit him or not.
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

Quote Originally Posted by NeetsSpectator View Post
    Hmm... What if I played Critters crash backwards . . .
    Elephant noises before the wall?

Nate, well said!

Quote Originally Posted by steve haegele View Post
    bad taste is coming on a forum and ripping the track owner.
    wtf??? The guy shoved it right up all of our a$$e$, and you want to sit there and say, oohhh, its ok. I do not care what anyone here thinks, i know what happened, if you want to race in those ****ty conitions and tear up your equiptment and possible get killed, then go ahead. I took a head on collision because of kenny rodgers neglect, and I got a totaled car for my efforts. I know racing is dangerous, i choose to race, but if the condition are that horrible, then what is my incentive to come back. Cars get damaged beyond repair, or not repaired properly,car counts will dwindle, then guess what else dwindles away??? Your payout. Someone needs to "rip the track owner". I am far from scared to speak my mind. If someone speaks up, maybe something will be done.
    This is the captain
    Last edited by CAPTAIN; 05-11-2010 at 11:10 PM.

Not here to get into a pissin match with you captain, but some guys like the wet. Not sure if you caught the gsp video, but the clip has you hanging the car out in 3 and 4 out of control bouncing off everything in your way. Your not going to go 100 laps driving like that in the mud. I dont know what is so hard about chillin for the 1st 20 laps and then go racing. Far as someone getting killed, I think there is a better chance getting hurt by throwing the green on a dry track verses a wet track, were only goin 25 mph in the wet. Flemington, Bridgeport, Nazereth, all the tracks we`ve been runnin at for 25 plus years wet the track down. We dont run Big Diamond, and I guess that is what your use too. I think it is a challenge and love the mud, but to each his own. I think if you have a beef with Kenny, pull him aside at the track and voice your opinion, he`s a good listener, but to call him out on a public forum cant be good for any of us, JMO.

HELLZ YEA!! I love racing on the mud...JMO too...I say add more water only bad thing is spending a day cleaning it after the race...
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

I dont even clean mine, I bring the dirt back to the track...

Thread Information