Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Really Happened???

What Really Happened???

Erin spun out.then what happened next is hard to believe. She spun around from turn 4 going the wrong way and shot across the track into turn 3 and blasted Tom Anderson who was leading the race. Toms car was demolished and he didn't get the win. It will be extremly expensive to fix. When I asked the official what happened I was told she wanted to spin around to get back on the track. That her breaks failed and her throttle linkage froze open.....thus causing her to go against traffic and causing the damage to Andersons car. She as well as Tom are extremly lucky not to be hurt. Just wondering what really happened?
    The Grill Room as seen by "The Cook" 8,81x3,88

Why not give Erin a call for the answer? Not sure how anyone here would know that answer but her.
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

daracer10
    No Brakes??? stuck throttle??? and wheel stuck to go across the track going opposite direction???? what are the chances of that???? jeez...........

Sitting in the stands in turn 3 , it scared the crap out of me!

What happened is that Erin was allowed to drive.
    Lucky she did not kill amybody.

I think its something that could have been avoided or handled differently. Whether it was getting mad and just wingin the car around and caused it to have these problems, resulting in a scary scene. I know she had to have spun in turn 4, I think the right move would have been to enter the track where she spun and not go backwards to the infield and try to spin the car around the way it happened. Im glad everyone is ok and feel so bad for Tom Anderson because that was his race. Go get em next week Tom!

PS: it was great to see mike cappiello back, he is a great guy! He came over like a real official would before the race to make sure stuff wouldnt happen between racers that night. Thats what these officials are suppose to do and I respect him for that. As for the other official there, after hearing what he told tom anderson and my cousin on the incident that night.. i just have no words for him. Its just a real shame

proof in the pictures and video

you can clearly see where she originally spun out in my pictures from the race. then somehow she ended up all the way over in turn 3? yes maybe she didnt do it on purpose, and yes maybe she gets unnecessarily beat up every week. i keep my fingers crossed for her every week, and she has definitely improved tremendously over the past few years! But her control over her car in this particular instance was poor, and could have definitely been avoided...

Ace is offline 8,81 & 88 Turbush Racing
    Tom Anderson and I went over to Mike C and Jim M to see what they thought about the incident.

Jim Maggio says " TOO BAD FOR YOU TOM BUT SHE SHOULD'VE WRECKED THE GUY THAT WRECKED HER"

I said to him who wrecked her? He then must've noticed the 81 on my shirt and didnt answer.

Again I asked, who wrecked her?

I never did get an answer from him to who she SHOULD'VE WRECKED.

UN EFFIN REAL

Perfect.An official encouraging on track retaliation.

here is the video of the race

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH2-6Iso9-c

CLEARLY spun out on her own...
    Brooke Ackerson
    Long Island Jam Photographer
    Longislandjam.com

Well, that pretty well clears up the 1st part of the question.

By the video, a good 8-9 seconds run off from the time she spins, and the time of contact with the 23 car.
    Last edited by Teds Race Tours; 06-20-2010 at 01:17 PM.
    I Love The Modifieds!!!!!

This is one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen. I can't even come up with an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ka$h25 View Post
    This is one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen. I can't even come up with an opinion.
    I was thinking the same exact thing?

Remember, don't drink and drive unless it's a golf ball.

should we call it a "whoops" didn't mean it?

Thread Information