Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Practice and Qualifying from NHMS Thursday, June24th, 2010

Just before the rain started - practice had been red flagged as the #90 Rene DuPuis hit the wall in turn two.

As fast as the rain came, it has slowed. Now to clear the track

Modified cars are getting ready to head back out for practice. They will have practice time until 3:45 PM.

At 4:00 PM the K&N Pro Series will qualify followed by NWMT qualifying.

Notes from the pits:
    Andy Seuss“There were a lot of unknowns going into this race with a car that has not been really run in a while and a motor that has not been run at this level in a while. We had our fingers crossed and so far we are happy with it. The car is a little bit free but we are waiting for the rubber to get down and hopefully it will tighten it up. We do not want to get ahead of ourselves and tighten it up too much and then start back peddling. This rain will probably show that it is going to be free again. It does not give us a good chance to get the rubber down.”

“We are really excited that things have gone as well as they have so far with us kind of regrouping over the last few weeks and coming back with our own old car. With an old motor that has been touched by everybody. We are pretty exited with the results so far.”

Why type of motor is it?
    “Motor was built by Joey Caraccia originally then Billy the Kid and then a man refreshed it in a Quonset Hut for $1,500 last time. Hopefully we will get him some success up in Loudon. It is a Chevy Motor, but when Billy had his hands on it, it had really good pieces. It has not been run in a while. We are happy that it is running as good as it is. It should not be really a surprise because those two guys build really good motors.”

Todd Szegedy “The car feels good. I wish that we could come here five times a year. Maybe that will change in the future.”

First of the NWMT cars are back out on the track for practice. I just saw Rowan Pennink Ryan Preece and Erick Goodale go by

Actually it was Rowan Pennink, Ryan Preece and Mike Stefanik and they are out there having fun drafting on the track

Caution during practice - Kevin Goodale (58) spun in turn four no damage.

With 15 more minutes left in practice
    Here are the top five cars in this practice: Todd Szegedy, Ryan Newman, James Civali, Rob Summers, Bobby Santos.

Jimmy Blewett and Eric Beers are drafting head to tow all the way around the track

The top five cars in NWMT Division:
    1. Todd Szegedy 128.467
    2. Ryan Newman 128.303
    3. James Civali 128.204
    4. Rob Summers 128.184
    5. Bobby Summers 127.786

Qualifying for K&N Pro Series at 4:00 PM
    Right now qualifying for NWMT is schedule fo r5:00 PM

Time so far for K&N Pro Series:
    CAR # DRIVER TIME
    63 John Salemi 33.267
    52 Drew Brannon 31.172
    08 Steve Park 31.603
    77 Miguel Paludo 30.761

24 Zach Germaine 31.020
    17 Jason Patison 31.264
    84 Cole Whitt 30.632
    So far Cole Whitt has the fast time

More Notes from Pit Road for the NWMT Driver's while they wait for qualifying:
    Woody Pitkat
    The car felt good. It was fun to get back out here. It is one of the places that I like to race. I do not think that I always have done good here, but I like it here. I have to work on figuring the line a little bit better and what I can race with. It was fun out there I tried to help Richie Pallai a little bit. During the last practice he got out there behind me. It is nice to be able to help somebody and the guy appreciates your are out there helping him.

Helping others does it help you?
    Maybe in the long run it does. Obviously you have to look at it this way - you never know during any part of the race if you are going to be racing with him. He is a rookie and you would not think that he would be up there. He is going to run good, both he and Justin (Bonsignore). You never know if you are in a predicament during the race and you might need a guy to help you out. You might need that guy to lift for you if you get in a bad situation or something. And he probably will think, “He helped me earlier in the day or weeks down the road. I should repay him the favor.” So if you look at it that way, one hand helps the other. It might help or it might not. For some reason I just like to help everybody, even if it is a person that I do not really like and I have the part that they need. I want to be able to beat them on the track not because they are sitting in the infield.”

Will Woody Pitkat head back to Thompson Speedway for racing tonight?
    “Yes, we are already qualified so I will go down and run the SK car and I am going to run Bobby Santos regular modified car the black #98. I am kind of excited to get in that. That is my first time in a Troyer car. So I will get 40 or 50 laps in a Troyer car under my belt and see how it goes.”

Thread Information