Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lime Rock 100 entry list

Lime Rock 100 entry list

Please click HERE for the Lime Rock 100 entry list, as of June 29.

limerock 100

Don't want to sound stupid but how many laps is the race?

66 laps, mandatory pit at about lap 15-20
    roughly 101 miles.... hence the "100"
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

and where is the best place to watch this race from

GLC050

Limerock

Best Place to see the race ....Stay home do not support this mistake......This race does nothing to support the future of the tour.
    Last edited by GLC050; 06-30-2010 at 09:59 PM.

Howie is offline Veteran of Racing Photography
    Jim you can go just about anywhere. The 2 most popular places are the hillside outside the front stretch. From there you can see a lot of the front stretch, big bend and the esses. The hillside inside near the esses, you can see very little of the front stretch, the esses and a little of no name straight. The third option is the chicane and uphill. You could start on the outside, cross the bridge and follow the fence inside around Big Bend to the esses, along no name straight to the chicane and up the hill to the auto bridge. It is a long walk (for me anyway). From what I saw today, I'm thinking the first turn (Big Bend) and the chicane are going to see a lot of action.
    Howie Hodge
    TheChromeHorn.com - Special Contributor
    www.thechromehorn.com |

RacerHub Network
    www.longislandjam.com | www.poconothunder.net | www.thechromehorn.com

Agreed Howard - I went up late today to scope out the grounds - I noticed options, just as you mention - pretty neat place, in some beatuiful country.. I was able to see Teddy, Woody, Chuck and Wade still turning some laps..

As for (GLC050) - sorry Bob, but we all know by now this race isn't the end all be all - nor is this a great situation for car owners like yourself.. but neither is the Mad Dog show that's around the corner - you can win that show and still loose money.... I wonder if you endorse that one?

At any rate - it will be great weather - so no complaining about that..
    Last edited by Goldy; 06-29-2010 at 08:38 PM.

GLC050

Limerock

No I will not support a "Mad Dog" race, and thats exactly why you do not see my car any more. I never raced to make money, but I did expect to get respect,and when NASCAR makes decisions that bankrupt racers I can not support it, and neither should a true fan.

Fair enough and a vaild point.. I tend to agree.. but just like some of those Flash races that some attened, while others did not - I'm going to check this one out more as an excursion and an excuse to go camping, plus - I've never been there so I thought it would be different... I totally understand your opinion.. but I'd still like to think I'm still a true fan though..

GLC050

Smile Limerock

I heard Lime Rock is beautiful, a perfect place for a SCCA event. I can tell you that the Fireworks in NYC are spectacular.

I will support all races, if fans and cars support the race maybe the money goes up next year.

Not going only does 1 thing, gives us less races anywhere the next year.

Add the NJ road race next year and that will be 2.

See you all there.
    Last edited by Jaws; 06-30-2010 at 12:04 AM.

night gent
    Not supporting the series does no one any good. I believe the old cliche "two wrongs don't make a right" applies here. I cannot make the lime rock event (family obligations), but I will be at the "Head" for the "flash" race or whatever they now call it!

three right makes a left though...

I think i may get crazy and head up to Lime Rock real early for the mod race and then split. It's time for some pork roll.
    Pork Roll is very important to me. Please respect that.

2010 Touched Trio Top-5 Standings:
    Linda 1st 381 points
    Tbax 2nd 380 points
    Axel 3rd 327 points

2010 WAS NOT the same for Axel...

Quote Originally Posted by night gent View Post
    Not supporting the series does no one any good. I believe the old cliche "two wrongs don't make a right" applies here. I cannot make the lime rock event (family obligations), but I will be at the "Head" for the "flash" race or whatever they now call it!
    I sure do hope you come to Riverhead for the tour race. There's about ten of us fans who are actually trying to be pro active and do something about it. It may not be much, and some may say it's not even our job to do.

However, instead of complaining we are trying to do something. And it's been a lot of fun putting it all together. So please come to Riverhead and bring your friends. I think I've got about 75 people coming to this race who wouldn't normally be there.
    Staying home will only lead to another track not having a race next year.

Quote Originally Posted by GLC050 View Post
    No I will not support a "Mad Dog" race, and thats exactly why you do not see my car any more. I never raced to make money, but I did expect to get respect,and when NASCAR makes decisions that bankrupt racers I can not support it, and neither should a true fan.
    Not to sound dumb. But what car do you own, and what is involved in getting a modified to run on a road course?

Thread Information