Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: track conditions

dirt37

track conditions

how were the track conditions for sept 5 race????

I thought they were good. My car was hookin up until i dropped a cylinder. Thats my 2 cents.

From a fan's perspective, I think the conditions were great. You guys put on a great show and always enjoy coming out to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by mcstockcar View Post
    I thought they were good. My car was hookin up until i dropped a cylinder. Thats my 2 cents.
    Two pennies can do a lot of damage to an engine.

For the short time I was running I have no complaints about the track. I think my struts and shocks need replacing cause it was awful bouncy but it's been like that before. I just put extra rib padding in the seat.

Poppop

I think i blew a head gasket. Time for a leak down.

track was great, bumpy and rutted as usual, but thats common for almost any dirt track. the dust was tolerable towards the end. still able to see cars ahead of me

great

i thought they were great. my car ran great for 6 laps over heated but it looked good to watch.

Dirt Track Ruts & Bumps

How is this for "Ruts & Bumps" after a full night of racing....Kentucky Dirt Racing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ky-tracksurface.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	2448  

Name of that track? Show me a photo of the corners. Narrow tires rut up the surface in the corners.The Grove looked like that on the straights but not the turns.

phil How you doing Jim?

grandview is rutted and bumpy even on saturday nights. it has nothing to do with narrow tires. tell ya the truth, im not sure how the heck it gets that way. the surface gets to be hard as a rock, but it just doesnt smooth out.

Track Surface Prep!!

Sundays' track surface was probably the best that it has been for us all year, so far!! I don't think it will ever get much better than that. I don't see how there can be any complaints, especially for a sunny, day race. Kudos to Kenny!!! Good job!!! Big Diamond would be lucky to have track surface like that on a Friday night, take notes Big D! "Rutted & bumpy??" Smooth on dirt?? WTF!!! It's dirt!! If you want smooth, try your luck down on Rt. 100 from Boyertown to Bally!! Watch out for the local law man hiding in the Redner's parking lot!! Good job Kenny, can't wait for October!!
    Last edited by rustyboltz6; 09-07-2010 at 10:06 PM.
    Shawn Naftzinger
    Rustyboltz Racing #16N
    "Old School!"

haha, rt 100 has its good spots and bad spots. but yes, sundays track conditions were spectacular compared to previous events. my stupid self stayed in the low lane where it was moist most of the race. I spun my tires a lot longer than I had to

Glad everyone liked the track this week! We deserved a well needed break in weather and track conditioning incidents!
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

Florence Speedway in Union, Ky.

Hey Phil I'm doing ok, if we can just get settled into a house out here it would be so much better. How does Grandview compare to WG, when we ran there.

I looked at my photos and I don't have one of the corners but trust me, they were blacker and just as smooth. That shot was at 11pm and the track was as sticky as the starting line at Raceway Park. The clay is very thick and packed and doesn't get contaminated from underneath which is how ruts and holes develop. They start @ 5, with Modifieds, Super Late Models (w/drivers like WoO Steve Francis) and Factory Stocks. Features @ 9 they start 24 cars each div. & only 8-10 cars in FS.

Bluegrass Speedway in Bardstown is just as smooth both 1/2 mi. at the top.
    The PA System at Bluegrass you can hear, clearly, while they were racing !!

Their rules for the Factory/Street Stocks are killing car counts, maybe I need to talk to Joe & Erin about how to run KEDS, (Kentucky Enduro Drivers Series) or CEEDS (Central Extreme Enduro Driving Series). I have the same basic rules so drivers can tour.....NEETS vs.CEEDS Championship ??

Thread Information