View Poll Results: Do you want to see "Dead Cars" moved from the speedway?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes...if the car is disabled in the groove, move it!

19 59.38%
  • No...true enduro rules...leave it where it lies! (No change)

13 40.63%

Thread: Entertain an idea...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Entertain an idea...

We've been receiving a lot of input regarding moving dead cars from the speedway....

Due to the economic times, we understand how costly the loss of a car might be to a driver at this point in time. We will entertain the "idea" of moving cars from the groove off the track, however, we need your input and I NEED YOU TO TAKE THIS SERIOUS. This might mean a great increase in car counts, however if everyone is against it, I want to know why....

The days of old enduros are not dead, but we are far from it right now...100's of cars on the track is a true enduro...traffic jams due to high car counts is enduro racing....at this time, we need to do something to bring those times back....or else we will slowly start to see enduros fade away...

Voting is open to ALL.... Please keep any posts on this thread relevant to the topic...we can joke around any other time....

Thank you for your input!
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

Joe, I think your right. I love trying to race around the "dead cars" but If we can save from these 3 or 4 cars getting destroyed and unraceable again every race then maybe we can get back up to the 60, 70, 80, or even 90 car count in each division like at Mountain. But then again I wouldnt want to see a red every 15-20 laps to remove these cars off the track.
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

I am going to express my view on this, which hasn't changed since I was first introduced to enduro's at a young age.

The definition of endure is to put up with something unpleasant; continue to live/last; persist for a specific period of time...which is the perfect description for ENDURO...you are putting up with obstacles, you are trying to out last every other car for a specified amount of laps.

Speed is not necessarily what will make you win in an Enduro, it's more like longevity...you can't win if you don't finish. Taking obstacles off the track is going to make that statement irrelevant...then speed will be a big factor in winning as long as the track is clear!

I don't think talent [in this specific class of stock car racing] should be determined by how fast you can make your car, I think talent and deserving a win should come from ENDURING in the sport, as expected from the name ENDURO...if you are out there to beat and bang on people and end up getting taken out, you don't deserve to win...if you are out there keeping your nose clean and successfully avoid all the obstacles that can jump out there at any given moment then you deserve the win and lots of recognition. There are SEVERAL people currently racing with us who have endured through many races on the same car...these guys are the true talent that makes the sport what I know and love.

If you take away what makes an Enduro what it is then my feeling is this series would be a lie...the cost would go up, the crashes would be more severe and at higher speeds making things very unsafe, and people would get touchy over racing incidents causing rivalries and drama...none of which is what NEETS is about.

JMO.
    Last edited by Erin C; 08-04-2010 at 02:59 PM.
    Erin Cutri
    NEETS Official: Co Promoter
    Email: bartleye2@hotmail.com
    Cell: 570-878-0769

Trav90
    I think we should try to keep as close to a true enduro as possible! Leave Cars Where they Lie! Agree 100 Perecent with Erin! Thats my opinion!
    Last edited by Trav90; 08-04-2010 at 02:53 PM.

Trav90
    Another Thing! If we are moving cars we should think about having cautions and realigning the field like they do on Saturday Nights!

I wasnt saying that im 100% for moving the cars. I could deal with which ever is going to happen. I was agreeing with Joes statement on how it COULD save from some cars getting destroyed. On the other hand Erin is also correct. Moving cars is not an enduro. You start doing that and adding yellow flags you might as well call them factory stocks and run them on Saturday night. Either way im going to show up each race and try to win.
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Trav90 View Post
    Another Thing! If we are moving cars we should think about having cautions and realigning the field like they do on Saturday Nights!
    NEGATIVE... It's an enduro. Doing this will give drivers positions on the track they did not earn....JMO
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

Where would you draw the line if you decided to move dead cars that were in "the groove"? I can't yet say how I would feel if it were my car that died in the groove but it could mean the end of the season for me. The thing is, I signed up for the races the way they have been run and knew what to expect coming in. JMO

Poppop

I voted yes, but only for cars directly in the groove, anything above or below should stay, and the ones that are in the groove shouldnt be me moved until a red is thrown for either driver safety or another serious incident. I know its part of the sport and history of enduro racing, but as several people have already said, most people who race dont have alot of extra money to fix a destroyed car or replace it, hense the reason I havent raced this year, I couldnt afford a new engine or a new car until just recently, but now I dont have money to put a cage in. It really takes a toll on people who dont have/cant get sponsors or dont have racing garages or dont race other divisions. I would love nothing more then to race every weekend with NEETS and I hope that next year it will be possible for me to do so. Either way I will stay faithful to NEETS no matter what the decision is, because unlike certain local tracks that have a fist fight in the pits every saturday, everyone gets along and helps out.
    [B][COLOR=Blue][FONT=Verdana]Ryan Nelson
    Driver of NEETS 4cyl #131
    Firefighter/EMT/Rescue tech.
    Security Officer
    www.nelsonracing131.webs.com

Crushed

I'll say this... I understand that its and enduro, but our enduro is becoming a demolition derby. Team RCR would be in pretty good shape for the next race with some minimal and to be expected damage after the Granduro... if this rule had been in affect one race sooner the 132 car wouldnt have suffered the severe damage that it did in the rearend because it was left in the groove to be smashed. All the drivers invest large amounts of time into building these cars. To stand in the infield and watch as cars slam into your car because its an "enduro" is completely rediculous. I really enjoy racing and i would like to do a little more of it than what we are now. If I wanted to run a demolition derby I would be at the pagoda.
    RCR enjoys racing with Neets but to be completely honest I'm not so sure that we can continue to bring our cars back from the dead every month! We have talked about maybe attending some other races on the off weeks but have yet to have the opportunity because the cars are usually in a state far from being track worthy.

We should be drinking cold beverages leaning on the fender smiling not straitening frames and dragging trunks out with chains and trucks!!!! RCR is here to have fun, not because we were bored and wanted to start our own extreme body and frame straightning business!!! LONG NECKS DOWN!

R.Haring
    another thing people need to remember is how much it costs to just start the race. 50 for entry 30 for the pits 30 for gas in the car plus 30 in the truck and if you need a transponder thats another 20. 160 dollars just to go race an enduro. if someone goes out and runs 20 laps and gets wrecked cuz the track was so bad its way to expensive for what we are doing. $8 a lap is nuts. it was not a thrilling race to watch for anyone that says it was.

I prefer cans....

I made up my mind pretty early (probably after I spun on the pace lap and the three times after that ....sorry tim pauch) that it was not worth destroying my car for that mud fest.

I feel badly for the rest of the guys whose cars got destroyed. It was not my idea of fun and will not be in the future. There was no way that track was going to dry out enough to "race."

It takes way too much time and money to fix these cars. Clear the track and don't race under water. JMO

Also, I found it funny that Kenny Rogers and Fred Rahmer were pointing and laughing their asses off at us from the pit gate . What a circus it looked like.

Back to the cold ones!
    Shon Elk
    Elk Motorsports #10X
    www.elkmotorsports.com

Thread Information