Jim, I knew u been around NEETs and racing in general a long time but I would have to disagree. Yes some cars out there, mainly in the big car class do seem a lil over kill to be an enduro car. as far as the 4 cyl, there are even some cars u look at and it looks as if they are weekly sat or fri night cars. However last race I felt that I had one of, if not THE fastest car out there in the 4 cyl class. This was being told to me by other drivers, including from Rob himself after the race. My car has no aftermarket, upgraded, performance, mad-for-racing, or anything other then OEM parts, which I get from the junk yard. I spent $400 for the car, another close to $600 for safety items, including a new suit, helmet, and racing seat for this year, that I can now switch to any car I want form now on. as far as car parts, i might of spent total $200 in the past 2 years for parts, and thats including 2 steering knuckles, and 3 axels. Im lucky enough to work at a car dealership so I have access to used tires any day of the week, I just have to sort through until I find the size I use. Even so, If u have to buy tires, alot of places, including junk yards, sells used tires. some places will even give u tires so they dont have to spend money on desposel. So Joe is right, I have a very competive car and Im spending no more then $20-30 on the car a month to go racing, of course thats minus gas, entry fee and pit passes...But people last year was complaing becuase they spent $X,000 on the body of the car including numbers n decals. thats just stupid to spend all that and complain when it gets muddy or scratched. I spent $20 for spray paint.