View Poll Results: Do you want to see "Dead Cars" moved from the speedway?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes...if the car is disabled in the groove, move it!

19 59.38%
  • No...true enduro rules...leave it where it lies! (No change)

13 40.63%

Thread: Entertain an idea...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

You are right Phil

When we (Phil, Pat, Mike myself & others) ran @ the Grove we started with 70+ cars, the track is only 5 cars wide and on several occasions I was out of tear-offs (20) by lap 20 of a 200 lap race. Most of the drivers there were pretty patient (there were a few who weren't and Butch did not stand for it = 5 laps in the pits). You Obeyed the Rules, Raced Clean or you GOT PARKED, Period. Butch"s Rules Enforcement (from engine parts to speeding in the pits) made that race the Premiere Event of Enduro Racing!

As for the cars in the groove, Butch "Red" flagged the race, the wrecker or 4x4 pusher, pushed your car to the inside rail, most of the time, down toward the middle of the straight (or in the pit if you were close to the entrance)and the driver got out so it was quick and out of the way and racing resumed very quickly. On a few occasions 1or2 of my other cars were shoved to the wall and survived without incident.

Now for tires, running "Used" (worn, hard, heat cycled tires without the max tread) in the dirt or worse yet in the mud just does NOT work very well. This I learned from a few of your front running drivers when I first started as an owner in '99 @ Bridgeport (our first race there was Embarrassing!). 3 races on a set of tires (15-20 lap races) makes a Huge Difference. Ask them guys, they will tell you because they used to be (I'm they still are) all about racing hard and clean with another competitive driver. It is More Fun that way!

Just some observations.
    Rules Enforcement (or the lack of or change it to fit that day or team) was the reason I left NEETS years ago. I'm Glad to see it is Different Now and Wish I could be back Supporting It Again.
    Jim
    Last edited by outlaw13; 08-11-2010 at 04:42 AM.

Thread Information