View Poll Results: Do you want to see "Dead Cars" moved from the speedway?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes...if the car is disabled in the groove, move it!

19 59.38%
  • No...true enduro rules...leave it where it lies! (No change)

13 40.63%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Entertain an idea...

Question Entertain an idea...

We've been receiving a lot of input regarding moving dead cars from the speedway....

Due to the economic times, we understand how costly the loss of a car might be to a driver at this point in time. We will entertain the "idea" of moving cars from the groove off the track, however, we need your input and I NEED YOU TO TAKE THIS SERIOUS. This might mean a great increase in car counts, however if everyone is against it, I want to know why....

The days of old enduros are not dead, but we are far from it right now...100's of cars on the track is a true enduro...traffic jams due to high car counts is enduro racing....at this time, we need to do something to bring those times back....or else we will slowly start to see enduros fade away...

Voting is open to ALL.... Please keep any posts on this thread relevant to the topic...we can joke around any other time....

Thank you for your input!
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

Joe, I think your right. I love trying to race around the "dead cars" but If we can save from these 3 or 4 cars getting destroyed and unraceable again every race then maybe we can get back up to the 60, 70, 80, or even 90 car count in each division like at Mountain. But then again I wouldnt want to see a red every 15-20 laps to remove these cars off the track.
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

I am going to express my view on this, which hasn't changed since I was first introduced to enduro's at a young age.

The definition of endure is to put up with something unpleasant; continue to live/last; persist for a specific period of time...which is the perfect description for ENDURO...you are putting up with obstacles, you are trying to out last every other car for a specified amount of laps.

Speed is not necessarily what will make you win in an Enduro, it's more like longevity...you can't win if you don't finish. Taking obstacles off the track is going to make that statement irrelevant...then speed will be a big factor in winning as long as the track is clear!

I don't think talent [in this specific class of stock car racing] should be determined by how fast you can make your car, I think talent and deserving a win should come from ENDURING in the sport, as expected from the name ENDURO...if you are out there to beat and bang on people and end up getting taken out, you don't deserve to win...if you are out there keeping your nose clean and successfully avoid all the obstacles that can jump out there at any given moment then you deserve the win and lots of recognition. There are SEVERAL people currently racing with us who have endured through many races on the same car...these guys are the true talent that makes the sport what I know and love.

If you take away what makes an Enduro what it is then my feeling is this series would be a lie...the cost would go up, the crashes would be more severe and at higher speeds making things very unsafe, and people would get touchy over racing incidents causing rivalries and drama...none of which is what NEETS is about.

JMO.
    Last edited by Erin C; 08-04-2010 at 02:59 PM.
    Erin Cutri
    NEETS Official: Co Promoter
    Email: bartleye2@hotmail.com
    Cell: 570-878-0769

Trav90
    I think we should try to keep as close to a true enduro as possible! Leave Cars Where they Lie! Agree 100 Perecent with Erin! Thats my opinion!
    Last edited by Trav90; 08-04-2010 at 02:53 PM.

Trav90
    Another Thing! If we are moving cars we should think about having cautions and realigning the field like they do on Saturday Nights!

I wasnt saying that im 100% for moving the cars. I could deal with which ever is going to happen. I was agreeing with Joes statement on how it COULD save from some cars getting destroyed. On the other hand Erin is also correct. Moving cars is not an enduro. You start doing that and adding yellow flags you might as well call them factory stocks and run them on Saturday night. Either way im going to show up each race and try to win.
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Trav90 View Post
    Another Thing! If we are moving cars we should think about having cautions and realigning the field like they do on Saturday Nights!
    NEGATIVE... It's an enduro. Doing this will give drivers positions on the track they did not earn....JMO
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

Quote Originally Posted by RGeeProductions View Post
    NEGATIVE... It's an enduro. Doing this will give drivers positions on the track they did not earn....JMO
    you are exactly right, RGee...I think T-Rav was being sarcastic, though..lol
    Erin Cutri
    NEETS Official: Co Promoter
    Email: bartleye2@hotmail.com
    Cell: 570-878-0769

R.Haring

just a thought

maybe one way to keep car counts up in the big car would have been to not run the race when the track is three foot deep of mud and water. after 150 laps that track was still not raceable. 8 of 32 finished, the race should not have been run and everyone would have saved their cars for next time

Just my opinion

In my opinion, If a car stop on the track in a location that the car is not in harms way, leave the car sit until a red flag needs to be thrown. At that point, remove all dead cars from that track. In saying that, I think that anyone who receives assistance from anyone other than a team mate should not be allowed to return to continue the race.

Thumbs down

leave the dead cars were they lie, were an Enduro class! What's next caution flags???? Noooo way Joe, leave em dead were they lie!!!
    How Rowdy do you like it?

www.luckyduckyracing.net

Mountain Speedway Co-Announcer

Unhappy Stuck in the mud......................

Ron, you hit it "RIGHT ON THE NOSE".................
    There is nothing wrong with the NEETS rules, but when someone makes a decision to turn an enduro into a Ringling Bros. side show just to "GET IT IN".....................................
    All the talent in the world didn't allow Howie to win the race he deserved.......................................
    I just hope for NEETS's sake that your boy Rodgers doesn't take over the whole series before it turns into a real "SIDE SHOW".....................
    Good possibility that 10 to 12 cars were permanently wrecked in that fiasco, more damage to car counts..................
    I never thought I would say this but I've had it with NEETS"s mud bogs......................
    UNCLE PETEY................

Just my opinion

I know everyone here knows my opinion. Everyone needs to understand that the costs to build a car from ground up are no fun to endure, don't forget about the time restraints to build a car mid-season, people have jobs, and families to tend to. Then if you add the added pressure to build a car. It just plain sucks. If cars are moved,then we are saving alot of hurt on the drivers. Cars would be able to return to the next race with mininal repair. I know car counts will rise, most of the big diamond drivers would attend, that means bigger payouts to the driver. Ask peety if he enjoyed seeing his car getting run over and smashed into, i have been there, it no fun. I have the means to come back and rebuild, but some drivers do not. Erin, i know you stated that speed would be a factor, but i would rather total out my car from a high speed racing incident, rather then sitting in the infield and watching my car get destoyed,this is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by R.Haring View Post
    maybe one way to keep car counts up in the big car would have been to not run the race when the track is three foot deep of mud and water. after 150 laps that track was still not raceable. 8 of 32 finished, the race should not have been run and everyone would have saved their cars for next time

having a rear wheel drive vehicle myself, I have to agree with you. the one red flag I stopped at the top of turn one cause I knew if I started anywhere else, id get stuck. and what happened to me? I went sideways down the track and into the infield when the green came back out. im glad nobody was down there...

voted for leave alone!

i enjoy watching neets racing. it reminds my of old enduros. the days were you raced with alot of cars on the track. but times are tough and money and cheap cars are hard to come by. even if you take the cars out of the way you could still lose your car in wrecks. i know some guys have money and time to fix their cars but most don't. joe and erin run things the way that makes you guys happy. jmo and no matter which way you go someone won't be happy.

Thread Information