View Poll Results: Do you want to see "Dead Cars" moved from the speedway?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes...if the car is disabled in the groove, move it!

19 59.38%
  • No...true enduro rules...leave it where it lies! (No change)

13 40.63%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Entertain an idea...

Jim, I knew u been around NEETs and racing in general a long time but I would have to disagree. Yes some cars out there, mainly in the big car class do seem a lil over kill to be an enduro car. as far as the 4 cyl, there are even some cars u look at and it looks as if they are weekly sat or fri night cars. However last race I felt that I had one of, if not THE fastest car out there in the 4 cyl class. This was being told to me by other drivers, including from Rob himself after the race. My car has no aftermarket, upgraded, performance, mad-for-racing, or anything other then OEM parts, which I get from the junk yard. I spent $400 for the car, another close to $600 for safety items, including a new suit, helmet, and racing seat for this year, that I can now switch to any car I want form now on. as far as car parts, i might of spent total $200 in the past 2 years for parts, and thats including 2 steering knuckles, and 3 axels. Im lucky enough to work at a car dealership so I have access to used tires any day of the week, I just have to sort through until I find the size I use. Even so, If u have to buy tires, alot of places, including junk yards, sells used tires. some places will even give u tires so they dont have to spend money on desposel. So Joe is right, I have a very competive car and Im spending no more then $20-30 on the car a month to go racing, of course thats minus gas, entry fee and pit passes...But people last year was complaing becuase they spent $X,000 on the body of the car including numbers n decals. thats just stupid to spend all that and complain when it gets muddy or scratched. I spent $20 for spray paint.
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

Angry Dead Cars

"To remove or not to remove the dead cars?" That is the question. There have been many valid points discussed on both sides of this issue so far and probably many more that have not, but like most things today, they are not like they used to be and ultimately many factors need to be considered in making a final decision on this matter. Joe, I will support whatever decision you make, but I think maybe you should try something different for the next race to see how it goes? You could always go back to the way it was if it takes too long or becomes a hassle. I'd like to see the cars moved, if not off the track at least to the inside groove. I also believe that most of the cars that end up "dead" on the track could have probably been either driven to the infield or at least could have coasted to the low side of the track before they became a "dead car". It isn't hard to tell if you are having trouble with your car. Don't keep driving it!! Nobody ever wants to pull off the track, but if you continue to drive a car that is running hot or drive on a flat tire for more than a lap or two, and don't take it to the pits to fix the problem, the result will probably be another "DEAD CAR" on the track that doesn't need to be there!! At least you could save it for the next race instead of destroying it. I do have to say though, that since I started racing @ G.V. last year, I've seen alot of improvement in some of the drivers out there and that is definitely a good thing.

As far as the speeds go, I believe that with the vacuum rule and the tire width rule, the cars will not go any faster than they are going now. At higher speeds I would much rather tangle with a car that I am racing against, and have some control of the situation, instead of tangling with a "dead car" that I do not.

The other thing I think some guys need to remember is that these enduro races are loooooonnnggg!!! 100 or 150 laps!! Not 15 or 20! Especially in the beginning, sometimes you need to go slow in order to go faster later. Patience and car maintenance will let you see the checkered flag from the seat of your car at the end of the race insted of from the infield. Car maintenance means looking at and going over everything on the car prior to the day of the race. I don't like things falling off my car during the race and I'm sure most would agree that they don't either. Things wear out and come loose, you got to check everything!!

Well, that's my two cents. Joe I hope you can come up with something to make most people happy because you can't please them all. I hope to see everybody in September. Tighten those nuts and bolts and get those tear-offs ready!!!
    Shawn Naftzinger
    Rustyboltz Racing #16N
    "Old School!"

Unhappy Ringmaster..................

The #1 problem is the promoter should start concentrating on a giving the enduro racers a consistent racing surface every race..............................
    As far as spending too much money on our enduro cars, just remember, you made/changed the rules, we are building our cars to your specs....................................
    We, as racers, are just taking advantage of what you give us......................
    This leaving the "dead cars on the track" question would not even be an issue
    if you weren't trying to suck another 10 to 20 cars from big diamond...................
    UNCLE PETEY..................

Petey, where's the love?? Sounds like you don't want us there? I think the SKOOKS make it exciting down there!! We like to race just as much as you do. Doesn't really matter where, just so we can race. I'd be racing @ Big D too, but I get very little, very little, sponsorship money. So I picked one track and it happened to be Grandview this year. I like the track and the program. Makes for good racing, except for those damn mud bogs. Hang in there, you'll figure out this dirt thing. Remember asphalt is for getting to the track!!!
    Shawn Naftzinger
    Rustyboltz Racing #16N
    "Old School!"

Change with the times

I can respect all the opinions about the good old days with the high car counts, muddy tracks and junk cars in a rolling demo derby but WHO CARES?! Enduro racing, just like any other racing or business, you have to adapt to keep your customers (drivers and fans) happy or the business will fail. Move dead cars from the track and keep them coming back to race another day, I think it's that simple. Like was said earlier, try making the change and if it does not work out, go back to the way it was.
    And I know it is not the point of this thread but I have to agree with Peety. The racing surface, by far, has claimed more cars then the dead-car issue.
    Joe/Erin, I will be with you either way...it's all about car counts.

Wink All Big Diamonds To ME..................

Sorry Shawn, didn't mean to make it sound like I don't want you guys running with NEETS...........................
    I love all you guys, I'm just a little peeved about the direction the series is heading......................
    Your team is doing great at grandview and I wish you continued success, I'm glad somebody is making headway with these bad track conditions..................
    UNCLE PETEY....................

It's 2010

30 to 40 cars per division is not all that bad. I still say move the deads out, and we will have a better chance that 30 to 40 cars will make it to the next one and maybe a few more.

As far as "stock" goes, I stopped racing enduros because of what guys were doing to thier cars at Mountain. I think I was the last one out there in a truely stock car, and it showed. I had NO chance racing with those guys and the "stock" cars they have. The fun was no longer there so I gave it up.
    At least the dirt/mud at Grandview makeS it more equal out there.

Any and all forms of racing are will have "HAVE and HAVE NOTS" when it comes to $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    JMO

Well said Shawn. I had lost my right front wheel and rotor in the fall of 08 at the View coming out of turn 4. And I mashed the throttle and got the old Pontiac off the track. She is still making laps. If I would have stopped by the start finish line that car would be some Chinese trinkets by now. I like the dead cars on the track. But I feel it is time for a change. Years ago Williams Grove would just push the cars high or low by the guard rail with a tow truck.Most of those cars lived to see another race. Yeah the track conditions being scheisse(German)and have been less than desirable more often than not this year. I can race in those conditions but others can not.And also it is somewhat less fun when you have to fight the track conditions.I do notice that some of the same drivers keep finishing in the top positions. Why is that? For those that do not ask yourself that question.

See you guys at BD on Sunday. Endure on Vote the bums out this fall phil
    Thats the Obums

Shawn...I second that!

Very well thought out and clear!

As the times change, we all have to.... It's not about siphoning cars from BD, it's about preserving the cars that we have. I'm trying to make some leeway on the official's end of things to help keep the cars that are in tact....in tact! With or without a groomed racing surface, there will always be dead cars, incidents, wrecks, flips, etc.... What I am only "trying" to do is get a feel for everyone's opinion regarding moving dead cars.

I've said it before, I will say it again...I would prefer nothing changes.... However, I am not behind the wheel...I'm not the one cleaning and fixing your car...I'm not the one who is paying for a new car to be built because of an incident or something that could have been avoided due to economic times.

Petey, as far as the rules go....you were there at the meeting....EVERYONE THERE HELPED VOTE THEM IN. The only rules WE handed down, making them mandatory, were safety rules...(i.e. roll cages) Every other rule that was put in place this season was voted in at the rules meeting...we didn't make them up ourselves....please don't blame us for the ideas we listened to....we will have another rules meeting this season and, as usual, all are welcome...

Just a reminder....since I am taking a lot of heat off the forums for this topic....we are just "collecting opinions". Nothing is being changed here....
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

dead cars wouldnt be a problem if those having issues would realize that there better off getting out of the groove and into the infield or pits before they cause a problem. Also those with the heavy bumpers and bricks on the gas pedals who like to drive through everyone, would just be patient. you all know who you are!

"change" can be good! We should try this removal of cars for 1 or 2 races and see how it goes! Can you spare some change???

Unhappy "Not Behind The Wheel"........................

Joe, you've got a bad memory..........................
    Many of the rules we discussed and agreed upon during the meeting got changed as soon as you put them in print on the NEETS site...................
    If, in your opinion, we are running expensive enduros, try and get everybody to go back to BONESTOCK...................
    Getting back to the question at hand, "dead cars", whatever you decide try and return NEETS to a racing series instead of a mud wrestling contest...............
    UNCLE PETEY..................

bonestock? hmm like was said before the guys the have money spend it how do we know the guys in the big car class with ant running like a 355 or a 358 fully put togather bottom end etc all the vac test checks is cam right? face it the guys with more money and are good at playing the gray area its like nascar the cream will rise at the top im not downing those guys they just set the bar so high for guys like me who work a 10 bucks an hr job and live on uncle sams return check to keep my race car going and as far as dead cars go i say pull them its a pain and a loss when u have to regroup ones the season starts
    Aaron"The Thriller"Miller
    redneck rocket racing #78 chevy caprice

haha, aaron, you know damn well some of those guys are putting a little work into there motors. ive been around racing long enough to tell by the sound of the car. there are definitely some strokers out there. Im pretty sure that one car ive seen on a weekly basis is cammed. the big cars have turned into a "factory stock" class haha. two options, tech the hell out of everyone, or just run with it.

Joe

just want be sure that it will not be an obama change. which is a change that No one wants.[ yes small o in obama]

phil

Thread Information