Thread: legends got screwed

fred card

legends got screwed

back in the day they gave 2laps to repair your car, not 10 laps, the mod where a crash fest, they where not cut short, lm sucked, trucks race was good, legends got the shaft again, and was the best race,someone trys to pass,with knocking each other out of way,two much time wasted give the legends a fair chance

LM sucked Fred?? One caution on lap one, then they go 24 caution free laps to the checker. Talk about being bitter. You have a complaint about the Legends race so you have to bring every division into it? Oh I'm sorry, you said the Trucks were good.

fred card

legends get screwed again

roger hard to have any cautions with only 10 cars, and you where the only one to pass and #10 . iam not bitter, just dont like LMS ,

13 cars to be correct, and just because you don't like them as a whole doesn't mean that there is bad racing, As you just stated you don't like the class.. Seriously, if you want to talk about freight trains w/o passing you don't have to look much further then you old stomping grounds

Quote Originally Posted by DriveitinDeep View Post
    13 cars to be correct, and just because you don't like them as a whole doesn't mean that there is bad racing, As you just stated you don't like the class.. Seriously, if you want to talk about freight trains w/o passing you don't have to look much further then you old stomping grounds

What??? the legend class is the only class i know were you can start 20th or worse and RACE up to a top 5 finish. the top 5 in points do it every race. 15, 99, 53, 27, 94, 8 etc.....
    Last edited by Richie25; 08-17-2010 at 01:22 PM.

legends keep complaining you were dropped once i can see it again

What??? the legend class is the only class i know were you can start 20th or worse and RACE up to a top 5 finish
    Legends are also the only field I can remeber that only got to race up to lap 4 this year...Roger has tried and I think succeeded in keeping LM racing at RR, no one in any division shows that much determination for thier division to keep it going, and imo the LM are one the better classes at RR

Quote Originally Posted by RPMcGrellis414 View Post
    Legends are also the only field I can remeber that only got to race up to lap 4 this year...
    I think the figure 8's matched that amazing performance this year too.

Lightbulb

Wrecks or no wrecks the legend cars are the only division to have a full field and drivers get sent home each week. So that means the legend cars are lining the race track owners pockets with money. Any other division that starts 24 cars would have the same issues we have with cautions heck they might even be worse. The only problem is no one can ***** about it cause no other field has that many cars. This division is only going to grow so it is time to accept us instead of each week finding something wrong and coming on here. Yea they can drop us but would they? From a business stand point they cant. We are the money. Yea the modifieds are their pride and joy but they pay the same each week to enter and they have less cars. I hear it already the legends dont bring people in with them bull$hit. Each week I have 2 people with me and many teams have more then that. When push come to shove we bring a decent amount of money into the track.
    First class video productions
    "Putting your memories in motion"

First and foremost, I am a Late Model guy. have been for 20 years. Before that, I was on a Mod team for 8 years. For Fred to come in and knock the LM division, well that's typical. Even when his mod driver Danny Jivanelli was running the LM's, he was not a LM fan.
    Personally, I have no problem with the legends. They can be very exciting, but they can also be a crashfest. That has been a problem at times this year, but still, it's not a reason to b!tch about them. Every division has their nights when they are on, or they are off.
    Having said that, why is it that there has to be "well, this division sucks and we get screwed" all the time? Aren't we all there to race and have fun? Come on, enough already. Everyone at one time or another feels like they are getting screwed. I don't see the Legends being on the chopping block as you think you may be, and yes you guys do have some good passing and competitive races. You have a great car count, the best at the track, something to be said for that.
    Fred, I've known you for a long time, and I know that you're like a pit bull when you grab onto something, but please stop dragging other divisions through the dirt just because you don't like them. I've always said, if you don't want to see a division race, just don't watch them. Makes your problem a whole lot easier to deal with.

fred card

legends get screwed

jeff t,why is this about me,you can go **** yourself, you know nothing about legend cars,30 cars every week and getting larger ,vs 10 lm, give me a break,i love mods,chargers ,trucks,even figure 8, so dont talk about me a gain,or we will me up

Sorry if you did not like what was said, but the point I was trying to make that you did not understand was that there is no reason to throw other divisions under the bus because you are pissed about how you think your division is being treated. Everyone has their likes and dislikes. You happen to make yours very obvious in your posts. If you are going to be putting your opinions out there in a public forum, you should be able to take the heat for whatever comes back your way, not be threatening and arrogant.
    And if you also did not notice, I do support the legends division and feel that they have a place in the Riverhead Raceway program. I think it is a great place for people who want to race without breaking the bank to do so. I just stated that they, as well as other divisions, have good nights and bad nights.
    Last edited by Jeff T; 08-20-2010 at 09:33 AM.

This thread has gone way off track. Every division has its strengths and weaknesses. And, it's natural that people are not going to like every division - that's fine, that's why Riverhead offers several.

Likewise, every division has its good and bad nights. Let's move on from the last week's race and hope for a better one this Saturday!

Thread Information