Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wow, what a day

Quote Originally Posted by Danger83Ranger View Post
    Also, lots of complaints about the very long wait time for the small car race to start, no speedstrs and we still didnt get to the track till normal time. In the words of Jack, just my 2 cents.
    The wait was due to not having track caution lights, it was a safety issue and the race only started 10 minutes late...
    Erin Cutri
    NEETS Official: Co Promoter
    Email: bartleye2@hotmail.com
    Cell: 570-878-0769

oh, that and it was supposed to be a 2pm start...next 2 races are the 1pm starts...
    Erin Cutri

The sooner the better, the next race I gots to boogity out of there ASAP because of my 20th HS reunion at 7pm...... Cuttin it close!

Quote Originally Posted by Erin C View Post
    The wait was due to not having track caution lights, it was a safety issue and the race only started 10 minutes late...

the track lights? thats not what we were all upset with, it was the 2 hours after registration was closed till we were finally called for lineups. just curious why it was a 2 oclock start time when registration and tech closed 2 hours before hand. the neets events get stretched out tremendously

That is because the office people (Cindy and myself) are stretched out very thin and have a lot of prep work that can only be done after the registrations are in...getting everyone in and registered early helps us out and it does give others time to make sure their car is up to par...how many times have people not been able to start their car at the track and can't make it out and rush to get it running only to have a crappy finish? This gives everyone time to do what they need to do to have a smooth running race...we didn't know about the track lights until a few minutes before the race but were working on the scoreboard for 30 minutes before that...its little stuff that goes wrong that we need to be prepared to handle and can't do it by closing registrations at 1, having the drivers meeting at 1:15 and starting by 2...there is just no way that all the "Behind the scenes" stuff can get done.
    Erin Cutri

Trav90
    Russ and Justen Congrats on your WINS!!!! Glad to hear you kids alright Russ! See everybody on the 2nd!

joe made it very clear that we had to be registered and through tech by 12. what happened on that part? please explain

http://www.racerhub.com/forum/showth...the-next-event.....
    Last edited by Danger83Ranger; 09-07-2010 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin C View Post
    ...we didn't know about the track lights until a few minutes before the race but were working on the scoreboard for 30 minutes before that...
    It was you that pointed out that there were wires sparking over top of the flaggers stand at the August Enduro. I wonder if that is what caused the lights to not work.

I hope someone has looked into that sparking issue.

sparking wire? wow, thats not good. grandview needs some massive updating

There was no one who showed up late who had not made arrangements with us ahead of time, people got stuck, people broke down, all called and had logical excuses...plain and simple...no use going through the FEW that showed up late in comparison to every other ones...there was only 1 person who showed up just in the nick of time that didn't give us a warning and almost got charged extra because of it, but because they made it in the nick of time nothing was done. This is all I have to say on the topic, if you have any pressing issues or have any constructive criticism on how you think this should be handled feel free to email me...I don't like discussing my work publicly but anyone can ask me anything privately and I will give you the best explanation I can give on why we do things this way or that...I don't like doing it publicly only because sometimes people will misinterpret things and it ends up blowing up in our face...
    Erin Cutri

And yeah, last race there were sparking wires, but that's not what caused the scoreboard and lights not to work, all the breakers in the box on the infield weren't turned on and we were looking in the tower for the problem...as soon as we got Kenny involved it was fixed...but before that Me, Joe, Cindy, Mark Garman, Gary, and Tommy were banging our heads trying to find the problem...
    Erin Cutri

Getting to the track early gives you plenty of BS time. That is half the fun of racing talking with the other drivers or as Erin put it time to work on your race car. Some cars are there b4 9 am each race. phil

o ok. I will be showing up at 1245 the next event than. That way I dont have to stick the kids on my mother for an extra 2 hours. she will enjoy those 2 hours,

As long as you are there on time, I am happy...and you were later than normal Mike! LOL I think I even said that to you when you came in...I know I said it to Joe at one point "Where is Mike Ramsey?!?! He's usually here by now!!"
    Erin Cutri

haha yeah, I think we pulled in at about 11:15 or so. ive been dealing with strept throat for the past week so ive been moving slowly on things. Saturday night I had a hefty fever and a hoarse voice. sundays dayquil managed to keep me going, even through the raging sounds at the coalcracker 100 sunday night. right now, I have NO voice at all. It sucks. but hey, thats life.

Thread Information