Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Waterford

Waterford

Congrats to McKennedy

Great run by Chris Pasteryak and Steve Masse who started deep in the field.

My hats off to Dwight Jarvis who always amazes me. Starting deep in the field, they worked on the car all night to get it dialed in.

Hope the 06 isn't hurt too much and will have it ready for Stafford.

... speaking of Jarvis.. quite an interisting quote from Dwight in Denise DuPont's article regarding the Stafford show and the direction of MRS...

Dwight Jarvis
    “I have never been to Stafford and I just hope that I can load it (the car) in the trailer when we are done. I do not think that we belong there. This series has gotten out of hand. We have to take too much time off of work and we have to ask our crew too along with everybody involved. The series was not designed for that. It was designed for guys that do not have much financial backing could race. Now it is getting into too many races and races that are far away. Hopefully we get it straightened out this winter.”

I think the grumblings will get louder as the season closes out with three 2 day shows. That's a lot of extra expenses at the tail end of the season.

I don't have a car on the MRS but I agree with Dwight. The MRS has become something that it was not meant to be. I've heard rumors that Twin State might start running modifieds on Friday ( also have heard that Lee is considering the same thing) Don't know if any of those rumors are true, but if they are you might see a whole bunch of MRS guys , especially up north, electing to go to the local tracks.

The MRS has become something bigger than what it was intended to be. Personally, I would rather not see the MRS at Stafford or Thompson.. Of course, if they have them, I'll be there. Who knows what tomorrow may bring. Hopefully, it's something that all can agree on, but that might not be easy.

If the MRS doesn't return to Stafford next year for whatever reason I'd love to see the WMT take over the date. I think Stafford is going to hit a homerun with attendance on Friday. Other than a few high school football games there isn't as much competition for the fans entertainment dollars in Sept as there is in early August.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMac View Post
    If the MRS doesn't return to Stafford next year for whatever reason I'd love to see the WMT take over the date. I think Stafford is going to hit a homerun with attendance on Friday. Other than a few high school football games there isn't as much competition for the fans entertainment dollars in Sept as there is in early August.
    So what you want is 5 races for WMT next year at Stafford????
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

I'd move the August date to September. Although, there is nothing wrong with 5 races at Stafford. I don't see that happening though.

Thread Information