Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Open Comp!

The Open Comp!

Yes, there will be an open comp race at SVS in November....details will be posted soon.

The BIG HOLD UP right now is the rules....

Last season, the rules were simple, especially for Rule #1 which was all NEETS Safety rules must be met....

Problem is....they were for NJ.......I am in the process of re-writing the open comp rules so there is no confusion. I will have the event info page online as well as the complete rules soon.....I like to promote two months in advance minimum....so if the race is on Nov. 28th, I will have that info on the site by Sept. 28th....

I should be posting and uploading everything this weekend!
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

woah!!!

this is the best news I have heard in FOREVER!!! Sign me up as the first one to confirm they WILL be there!!!
    How Rowdy do you like it?

www.luckyduckyracing.net

Mountain Speedway Co-Announcer

If I still have the new car running, I'll try to make it. The old car won't make it on the hard track, the wheels don't agree on which way to go any more, but it'll still work on dirt. November, I bet it won't overheat!

Poppop

I'll be praying for snow..

The details....

http://www.neetsracing.com/events/11-28.htm

The rules are simpler than they appear....very similar to the rules last year. The biggest change is the HOMETRACK EXCEPTION...

IF a driver is a regular from another speedway (for example, Big Diamond or Riverhead Raceway, etc...), so long as the car is equipped to that sanction's enduro rules it will be permitted to race.

This way, if someone has a car that is not up to the regular NEETS safety regulations, so long as they are safe enough to race at their home track, they will be able to race at this event.

great news

Say what you want about SVS, but it is a great enduro track. I think this will be a break through event for NEETS and wish everyone the best of luck. I love it for being only 8 miles from my house! With it being local for me, hopefully the vendors I know will pitch in tons of give-a-ways for teams and fans.

Nov. 28th! Here I go again. Running around in the snow covered infield with my flags!

Cory

Arrow Rule questions for Rick for open comp

It says open comp, but clarify this;
    D.O.T. Tires only, Yes?
    Aerodynamic enhancements allowed? wings, spoilers, ground effects.
    factory/grand stocks allowed 4412 or Wall 350cfm? yes or no
    Rim width the same or allowed by home track, max size allowed
    Ride height, yes or no
    Rears, locked,open,posi?
    Traction control? HAHA
    Front hoops?
    Jacking bolts?
    Last edited by pappywrench; 09-26-2010 at 06:07 PM. Reason: thought of more
    pappywrench@yahoo.com for
    2nd Childhood Racing

Dear Pappy,

Let me answer these for you to the best of my knowledge....which should be pretty darned good!

D.O.T. Tires only, Yes? - YES

Aerodynamic enhancements allowed? wings, spoilers, ground effects. - So long as they are fastened properly and will not come off during the race. What is properly fastened? Let's put it this way...if it shakes or flexes a lot when we inspect it...it probably isn't safe. But, I know you know what you are doing in this area....

factory/grand stocks allowed 4412 or Wall 350cfm? - YES, safety rules, body and tires must be followed...see the home track exception for safety exception.

Rim width the same or allowed by home track, max size allowed - DOT...must be street approved, not too worried about anything else other than that DOT stamp.

Ride height - NOPE! anything goes!

Rears, locked,open,posi? - What are you in the mood for? Anything will be fine here, we are not checking rears after the race.......see below also.

Traction control? - If you can get it...., but no, we won't be checking for it.

Front hoops - NO BATTERING RAMS!!! Safety reasons, period.

Jacking bolts? - Open to all good ideas.....no problem

As for the post-race tech.....well, there is none! This is an open comp race and will have JUST a pre-race safety inspection. Once the car is deemed "SAFE", it is approved to race....if not approved, it will not race. Any car racing would have to have been approved, therefore no post race tech.

Thumbs up Yes

i think Joe coverd it well!! the only rules are their home track safety rules!!! so bring your rule books guys/gals!! oh and passenger dot tires of course!!

Wink All The Hoopla..................

Question! Any size rim as long as all 4 have same backspace...................
    No front hoops permitted...............correct...?............... .
    Will Lapdance officials have anything to do with this NEETS event, other than collecting the money?........................
    UNCLE PETEY.....................

Yea...

Quote Originally Posted by richardpetey View Post
    Will Lapdance officials have anything to do with this NEETS event, other than collecting the money?........................
    I just may partake in this OPEN COMP Enduro Derby...It would be a pleasure to RUFFLE YOUR FEATHERS!

Tighten your belts.
    It don't matter if they're booing or cheering, as long as they're making noise!

ease the TENSION...bring back Willy!

Racing IS a CONTACT sport.

Unhappy Willy Finish................

Hopefully, you won't be getting a promoters provisional like the last TD race you pretended to run in.............................
    You gotta lotta "Ifs" mr. fraction..................
    If you can find someone to lend you the entry fee.............
    If you can find someone to let you use their enduro...............
    If you can finally finish an enduro race...................
    If you have a car left or don't get black flagged for rough driving in the first ten laps..................
    UNCLE PETEY...................
    If your owner can"t tighten your leash.............PLEASE.......stay on the porch............

If handicapping has anything to do with it (like your avatar shows), then i'm sure you will be starting up front. (You've still got A friend in Pennsylvania)
    Just like the old days of Neets at Sundance Vacations Speedway...when you BOUGHT your way to the front row!
    It don't matter if they're booing or cheering, as long as they're making noise!

ease the TENSION...bring back Willy!

Racing IS a CONTACT sport.

Sounds like RP and intense are on each others Christmas card exchange list.

I will go to watch that race but asphalts for the tow vehicle. phil

Elated wheels?

hey petey if i am not mistaken you can run different offsets if you want. like joe said safty rules only for your home track, so front hoops are a NO!! ( the only rule is passenger dot tires only) so since you are a neets family member you know what the safety rules are and you run the correct tires , you will be fine!! And also this event will be run by NEETS OFFICIALS ONLY!!!( With the ugly green pace car) just like we do at Grandview & Wall

Thread Information