Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I know its too early to be thinking next year....

Two mrs events at stafford would be great I think it would be cool to see both modified series at the world series next year just think how many cars you would get for that event

Not sure if the MRS at the world series next year is a good idea.... I mean really, 2 day show, high ticket prices, having to sit through all those other races, havng to deal with the huge crowds.... Twin State must have really accessible grandstands, I was looking at the McKennedy victory lane photo and everyone was able to make it to the parking lot very quickly. If Don rewards Jack for this race by adding them to WS weekend he's nuts.

Now if the MRS wants a marquee end of the year event they should work out a combo final with the ROC series say Oswego or Shangra la dos or Malta.

I think the MRS is sorta foolish to want to have 3 races at one track. Keep the MRS at its roots. Run the short tracks. If you are going to give any track 3 races, it should be Monadnock, since they were the ones who supported the series from the beginning.

Definitely agree with LI maniac nothing against Thompson but monadnock helped them get their feet off the ground. Kinda find it funny pockets...... Stafford wants them twice. Did I read that right. Wink wink. Still waiting for you to come fishing with me.

I tend to agree with you guys. I also think too many MRS races at Thompson works against their efforts to grow the tour type 40 lap shootouts they host each month.
    Where are all these available MRS dates that Thompson and Stafford are getting coming from? Some tracks must not be coming back in 2011.

I don't think they'll add a third Thompson show, but Make the world series the second to avoid this years conflict and change the Twin State date to allow the drivers who rub both series to attend both races...Pennink...T.C....Stefanik...etc.

my question is where do you have the room to run them if that was to happen which I don't think will

if you were to run MRS at world series the best place to put them would be saturday night.
    (truevaluefan)

See ya at The track

what does 2nd and last place have in common? they both didnt win

And that's how you would get me to a Saturday race at Thompson!

That's good promoting !

That is an awesome idea.

I agree with that

Jmo

After this years performance, I doubt we will be going back to the Airborne/Thunder Road package....but who knows, maybe. I think the plan should be to get rid of the 2 day shows and to charge a higher purse to the tracks that want us back. That way the teams might be more able/willing to travel.

Having MRS at the World Series is a great idea. Running it on Sat would be awesome too. I hated missing it this year.

Also, they should also start more cars, like say 28 cars and only payout to the top 24, 25-28 only get like $75 for tow money. Sending 11 cars home was crazy and sending 1 or 2 home was crazy. Or maybe start 28 and only pay top 24 period.

Just some thoughts....

Quote Originally Posted by Muffy View Post
    After this years performance, I doubt we will be going back to the Airborne/Thunder Road package....but who knows, maybe. I think the plan should be to get rid of the 2 day shows and to charge a higher purse to the tracks that want us back. That way the teams might be more able/willing to travel.

Having MRS at the World Series is a great idea. Running it on Sat would be awesome too. I hated missing it this year.

Also, they should also start more cars, like say 28 cars and only payout to the top 24, 25-28 only get like $75 for tow money. Sending 11 cars home was crazy and sending 1 or 2 home was crazy. Or maybe start 28 and only pay top 24 period.

Just some thoughts....
    Muffy, nice in theory but racing in a race that potentialy you get paid $0.00?

What about cutting some of the 100 lap races to 50 laps? Seems at certain tracks, cars can't last 100 laps on the same tires, so guys just ride around for half the race. Or keep it at 100 laps and allow them to change a tire. What would the drivers like? Or are they happy with the way things are now?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    Muffy, nice in theory but racing in a race that potentialy you get paid $0.00?
    Yeah...after talking to some of the guys, they would rather race then go home...even if they didn't get paid. I mean think about it...if they spent all the time and money for a 2 day show only to be told they could not race the big show on the second day, most would rather race anyway since they are there.

Thread Information