Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I know its too early to be thinking next year....

I like the adding of 1 more tire to the races. I'd certainly keep them at 100 laps.

Guys running 25-28 should get a hundered bucks I think. Might at least pay for the

trip. I wish the ROC would adapt the MRS rulebook.
    the ROC rules!! / Pacin ain't Racin
    " honey!! I can't sleep, turn on the CUP race will ya?"

Quote Originally Posted by Muffy View Post
    Yeah...after talking to some of the guys, they would rather race then go home...even if they didn't get paid. I mean think about it...if they spent all the time and money for a 2 day show only to be told they could not race the big show on the second day, most would rather race anyway since they are there.
    Well one of the car owners told me once if I were in it for the money I would not be in it. but $0.00 is a bad precedent

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    Well one of the car owners told me once if I were in it for the money I would not be in it. but $0.00 is a bad precedent
    Yeah, no one wants to race for free, but the idea is to eliminate the wrecks in the heat races where 10 guys are racing for 4 spots or in the consi where 10 guys are going for 2 spots. Short of going to qualifying (no one wants that) this seems to be a fair way to get more to race, thus lessening the urgency to "win it on the first lap" heats and consis. Just an idea.....maybe allow the top 15 to draw their pill first or something because the number you draw can make or break your night or weekend.

I don't know the answer, but maybe the rules meeting will reveal another possible solution. Its a great series, but it does have a few kinks that need to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by limodmaniac View Post
    What about cutting some of the 100 lap races to 50 laps? Seems at certain tracks, cars can't last 100 laps on the same tires, so guys just ride around for half the race. Or keep it at 100 laps and allow them to change a tire. What would the drivers like? Or are they happy with the way things are now?
    Look at the Seekonk open this year, by lap 15 it was a yawner. There might have been 2 passes rom then until late in the race when a few teams took on rubber and made it exciting. It did not change the winner because there was just not enough time left.

If the tires aren't lasting find a better tire. You should be able to run a 100 lap race on a 1/3 mile track with one set. Same goes for Thompson where the race is only 75 laps. Two day shows and more tires seems like the wrong direction for the MRS.

I believe the Seekonk open tire was the one used by the MRS in 2009.

And truthfully like Muffy said after spending the money already what difference would getting paid $100 for last place make its not like it would pay for much of anything, but it would get you more experience and track/seat time. Which in my opinion may be worth a hell of a lot more than a hundred or two hundred dollars

Quote Originally Posted by catfish View Post
    And truthfully like Muffy said after spending the money already what difference would getting paid $100 for last place make its not like it would pay for much of anything, but it would get you more experience and track/seat time. Which in my opinion may be worth a hell of a lot more than a hundred or two hundred dollars
    Unless you are last because you wrecked the car!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    Unless you are last because you wrecked the car!
    Chance you take every time you put the car on the track, and lets face it, these guys are not racing for the money....they are racing to race. Getting paid for it is just a way of not hitting the wallet as hard.

I'm not saying to not pay them, I AM saying that if they made the trip, let them race. If they finish 5th, they are paid for 5th, but if they finish 28th due to a wreck, then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffy View Post
    Yeah...after talking to some of the guys, they would rather race then go home...even if they didn't get paid. I mean think about it...if they spent all the time and money for a 2 day show only to be told they could not race the big show on the second day, most would rather race anyway since they are there.
    Muffy: Obviously you've never owned a car, I did. Something is better than nothing and if you don't happen to qualify,then go home and work on it so next time you will qualify. Who's going to pay for the tires,gas, get wrecked,etc. when you do race and don't get paid? Let me know who the drivers are that are going to pay me for letting them race for 0.00 $ and maybe i'll get back into owning a race car.LOL

chowda44
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob T. Racer View Post
    Muffy: Obviously you've never owned a car, I did. Something is better than nothing and if you don't happen to qualify,then go home and work on it so next time you will qualify. Who's going to pay for the tires,gas, get wrecked,etc. when you do race and don't get paid? Let me know who the drivers are that are going to pay me for letting them race for 0.00 $ and maybe i'll get back into owning a race car.LOL
    I agree 100%. If you dont qualify...go home and do some homework and make your car faster for the next time. I work on a car that has missed a couple MRS races in the last few years. It definatly does suck...but it just wasn't our day. But not getting paid at all is NOT an option.

On another note...Id love to see a MRS race on Saturday night at the World Series. Its a real fun weekend and if they make it a one day show for the MRS I think it would really help the Sat. night crowd.

2 races on the Stafford Schedule 80 laps

June 24th and Sept 9th
    "I'm a good winner, but a poor loser" Richie Evans

www.rememberwhenphotosonline.com

Weren't they going to have a meeting of all drivers sometime soon to address their concerns over where the tour is going? Wonder if they love the idea of two at Stafford.

Reading Phil Smith'S Oct 26th Champ trail today. There is a report in there that Seekonk may be going to a bi weekly modified deal. I wonder if that would effect how many times the MRS races there in 2011.. A few other good tidbits in this weeks article as well.

Quote Originally Posted by limodmaniac View Post
    Weren't they going to have a meeting of all drivers sometime soon to address their concerns over where the tour is going? Wonder if they love the idea of two at Stafford.
    There is a general meeting I think Nov. 13 in Marlborough, MA. The rough schedule is usually released the following week at the banquet. I think the powers that be know where the series is going so it will be come with us or be left behind. There is nothing wrong with that you just need to decide what is best for your race team.

If I could change 2 things I think they would be no two day shows, and a couple of longer races where you could have 1 tire to change.
    "I'm a good winner, but a poor loser" Richie Evans

www.rememberwhenphotosonline.com

Thread Information