Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I know its too early to be thinking next year....

chowda44
    Yeah I agree about the 2 days shows. I also wish there wasn't any races on weekdays like Thompson and Lee. It forces you to miss a day of work which is tough on drivers and crews.

I also hope they do something different with the Airborne/Thunder Road double header. Its a neat deal, but IMO Thunder Road gets the short end of the stick. We get done racing at Airborne late Sat. night and have to be at TR early Sun. morning. Half the guys' cars are only half re-set up and everybody is tired and dragging ass. I think it showed in the racing this year too....it wasn't very good.

Quote Originally Posted by chowda44 View Post
    Yeah I agree about the 2 days shows. I also wish there wasn't any races on weekdays like Thompson and Lee. It forces you to miss a day of work which is tough on drivers and crews.

I also hope they do something different with the Airborne/Thunder Road double header. Its a neat deal, but IMO Thunder Road gets the short end of the stick. We get done racing at Airborne late Sat. night and have to be at TR early Sun. morning. Half the guys' cars are only half re-set up and everybody is tired and dragging ass. I think it showed in the racing this year too....it wasn't very good.
    Wow!!! I wish Ed Flemke Sr were around to read this. I wonder if the Eastern Bandits ever got tired? We do the two shows in two days thing on the ROC and it's not the end of the world. ( yes, we are tired after but...) It's only once or twice a season. Guy's that don't want to race two in two don't have to but getting the series out to as many tracks as possible is a good thing I think. As I've said before,
    I wish the ROC was the MRS west division. I'd love to race at Airborne.
    the ROC rules!! / Pacin ain't Racin
    " honey!! I can't sleep, turn on the CUP race will ya?"

Quote Originally Posted by uticamike View Post
    Wow!!! I wish Ed Flemke Sr were around to read this. I wonder if the Eastern Bandits ever got tired? We do the two shows in two days thing on the ROC and it's not the end of the world. ( yes, we are tired after but...) It's only once or twice a season. Guy's that don't want to race two in two don't have to but getting the series out to as many tracks as possible is a good thing I think. As I've said before,
    I wish the ROC was the MRS west division. I'd love to race at Airborne.
    To be fair, the cars they used in those says did not require as much change over and the bandits were a small group dropping in on the locals. The MRS brings the whole group including officials Apples and Oranges.

Ah Mike, Chowda44 didn't mention anything about officials only crews and drivers.
    Plattsburg,NY to Waterbury,VT is all of 55 miles. Read about the exploits of EF, Bugs and Fred DeSarro racing at Thompson during the afternoon and RACING to get to the U/R consi in Vernon,NY that night. A mere 250 miles.

Crews gotta change gears and some tires, not the end of the world. Oranges and Tangerine's maybe.
    the ROC rules!! / Pacin ain't Racin
    " honey!! I can't sleep, turn on the CUP race will ya?"

But on the other side of the coin (Your side) they did it a bunch more weekends then they could do it now.

Had to love 200 laps at Oswego to Islip for another 300 laps.

I think one year Richie Evans brought the remains of 2 cars to Islip after 2 crashes in 2 days put together 1 race car from the 2 and won the race.

Very few teams would do that today.

Oh and they did it with an open hauler or trailer not one of those fancy 44 foot rigs with the sleeper cabins with AC and satellite TV.
    Last edited by Jaws; 11-01-2010 at 11:54 PM.

I think too it is way more cost effective than if you do a two day show at one track. Twice the pay for the cost of one haul. Be a fun poll for the teams. I loved it as a fan! Now the weekend Rowin had....lol. he might not want it.

chowda44
    I wasn't really trying to argue that fact that a double header weekend is doable or not doable. Just saying how I though TR got the short end of the stick as far as the racing is concerned.

But my main point was how expensive 2 day and weekday races are for drivers and crews. I understand and have no problem with "if you don't want to go race, then don't race." But I think you would save people alot of money by cutting back just a bit. In order to run all of the weekday shows in 2010, the driver and crew would have to miss 5 days of work throughout the summer...and would also have to get hotel rooms for the 5 2-day races. I know the series has grown a lot and isnt what it used to be. And Im 100% behind getting the series at new tracks...just hate to see it price out the teams that have been around since day 1. Fortunatly ... there is plenty of modified racing around now with local tracks starting to run weekly again.

Yeah but ken and tom didn't. You see the crowds. Cha ching. I bet you will see it again. I wouldn't be against a Malta/devils bowl weekend too. I loved the modified madness on tuesdays and the king of beer 150 the very next night at riverside! Back to back weekday shows. Was I tired at work the next day. Oh yeah I was. Did it every year and would still be if the park was still there

According to the MRS website, they will announce a tentative 18 race schedule next weekend along with a major announcement for the 2011 season.

Anyone know of any possibilities for the upcoming season? Some favorite tracks are Airborne, Star, Twin State and would love to see Devils Bowl. Unfortunately, my guess is maybe only 1 of them will make the cut and actually be on the schedule.

chowda44
    From what Ive heard....no race at Thunder Road next year

Sure hope the thunder road rumor is wrong! I'm pretty sure star is not running anymore. In a release today says 18 race schedule

Quote Originally Posted by bud View Post
    I'm pretty sure star is not running anymore. In a release today says 18 race schedule

I do hope T-Road is out and Star is running again!!!!
    Jason Thompson

Twitter- @Spotter_Jason

https://www.facebook.com/JasonThompson2004

Thunder road is out for 2011.

That's a shame. I know last years race wasnt the best, but I enjoyed the little track.

Thread Information