Thread: possible new events

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    killa54

possible new events

i was informed & told to let every1 know that there is over a 90% chance that there will be a few new events next year. you should attend the winter meetings to voice ur opinion & show ur support if u are interested in these events. they are: mini van demo's, a soccer demo (u will hafta create ur teams) & enduro style figure 8's. let me remind u that nothing is set in stone & the schedule has not been made.

Quote Originally Posted by killa54 View Post
    i was informed & told to let every1 know that there is over a 90% chance that there will be a few new events next year. you should attend the winter meetings to voice ur opinion & show ur support if u are interested in these events. they are: mini van demo's, a soccer demo (u will hafta create ur teams) & enduro style figure 8's. let me remind u that nothing is set in stone & the schedule has not been made.
    Hmm, sounds like a lil recycling going on. Soccer sounds like the old football car demos. Enduro figure eights sounds like the old smash to pass deal.. I likey the minivan idea though. I guess a SUV demo would be deadly so that won't get discussed.

Smash-to-pass

I never got to see one of these - were they run on the 8?
    When the fun stops, I'm OUTTA here....

Smash to pass

Yes the smash to pass was run on the figure 8 course. It was basically enduro cars on the 8, and you had to make some sort of contact with every car you passed. It was your choice whether you just rubbed them or drove thru them. If no contact was made you either didn't get the position or you got disqualified, don't remember which.

From what I'm hearing that is not the plan this time. This time around it sounds like it's going to basically be an 8 cylinder enduro on the 8 course. Contact isn't manditory, but it isn't against the rules either. Definately a cheap and easy way for people to be able to run a figure 8, hopefully it will be pretty popular.

I'd still like to see them bring back the "backwards-forwards" demos at some point. They had some really good crashes.
    Last edited by deathwishracin1; 11-12-2010 at 10:12 PM.

The smash to Pass was cool but with only 12/14 cars, those guys were flying and not really set up safety wise, years ago I went to the late Riverside Park speedway for a big enduro and they had a "qualifying race ran on the fig 8 course" with the top 40 cars making it to the enduro on the oval. It was pretty wild to say the least. It would be cool seeing a 8cyl fig 8 enduro at the head.

Is the figure 8 deal meant to be a legitimate enduro or just a crash fest?

I won't be able to make it to the winter meetings, the figure 8 enduro, and soccer demo sound cool (teams of 3 I guess?). I'd also like to see two car train races on the oval or figure 8 (to replace the long missed train races)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVG1KsLTLO0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G1Kg...eature=related
    Greg Berkowitz
    Top of Turn One Racing
    Shackleford Designs

Thread Information