Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canaan - $12,000 to win

Canaan - $12,000 to win

There will be different opinions on this race, whether they should have scheduled it on the same day as Loudon or not.

1. It is an M R S race, not an open race, so I don't think they should be concerned whether or not it's an inconvience to the Whelen Tour or not.

2. Supposedly, they are going to start later tho, so that if any body is coming from Loudon, it is a doable thing ( not sure if that's for fans only or for the possible drivers too.)

3. I usually try to go to Waterford or back home to Riverhead, but this actually makes it easier for me and some people I know who will do the double.

4. Some say the crowd will be down because of Loudon and I hope this isn't so. I know they tried something like this few years ago , for 5000 to win and if I remember right, the crowd wasn't so great. But hopefully people will remember this is Ricky's memorial race and its 12000 to win, and that will make the crowd a good size.

5. I think they have sponsors that have put up the money, so it's not like the track takes a bath if the crowd isn't great. Sponsors are putting up the money , not to make a profit, but for other reasons. I know I'll be there to support them.

6. I hope last year's winner of this race somehow figures out a way to get to both races. If it can be done, do it!

7. Support the modifieds and plan to do the double on July 16. May the weather cooperate.

I think this is the best date on the Tour/MRS schedule. Not that far of a drive and a nice facility. All I know is it cant be any hotter then it was last year.

The Loudon-Seekonk double header will be a lot trickier.

Seekonk ran a make up race a few years ago the same day as Loudon. We were able to do both.

Nothing's impossible if you want it bad enough. Lime Rock to Monadnock last year and Stafford to Seekonk on a Sunday in October few years ago were some fun doubles. Almost made the Loudon to Riverhead last year. If not for some rain in the area, they may have slowed the program a bit and I would have made it!

Quote Originally Posted by limodmaniac View Post
    Nothing's impossible if you want it bad enough. Lime Rock to Monadnock last year and Stafford to Seekonk on a Sunday in October few years ago were some fun doubles. Almost made the Loudon to Riverhead last year. If not for some rain in the area, they may have slowed the program a bit and I would have made it!
    Louden to Riverhead is easy if you have the right vehicle...

how far is it from loudon to canaan

I will be making the double!!!!!
    Jason Thompson

Twitter- @Spotter_Jason

https://www.facebook.com/JasonThompson2004

Maybe 1.5 hrs tops as long as the traffic is lite on the way out. I'm sure some of the teams could make it think about that. Teddy wins 17,000 at louden then drives the 00 at Canaan. Just shy of a 30,000 payday!

Granted that the Loudon race is during the day and the Canaan race is at night, but realistically how many fans are going to travel and see that? I hope it doesnt hurt the MRS crowd.

I dont think that its going to hurt the crowd that much if your a mod fan you will be going and every year after the mods at nhms we go to the speedbowl and we see atleast 50 ppl go there to and thats just for an sk race and almost 4 hours away now this race an 1hr away with tour mods should be a good crowd
    (truevaluefan)

See ya at The track

what does 2nd and last place have in common? they both didnt win

If you can make it from louden to Canaan in an hr you need to drive one of the mods.....lol

lol well map quest said 1hr 15min so i cut it down a little bit
    (truevaluefan)

See ya at The track

what does 2nd and last place have in common? they both didnt win

That will be a great double. May have to hang out in NH that night!

Don't trust map quest.... lol. Takes more than an hr from concord to Lebanon ....trust me

Quote Originally Posted by limodmaniac View Post
    There will be different opinions on this race, whether they should have scheduled it on the same day as Loudon or not.

1. It is an M R S race, not an open race, so I don't think they should be concerned whether or not it's an inconvience to the Whelen Tour or not.

2. Supposedly, they are going to start later tho, so that if any body is coming from Loudon, it is a doable thing ( not sure if that's for fans only or for the possible drivers too.)

3. I usually try to go to Waterford or back home to Riverhead, but this actually makes it easier for me and some people I know who will do the double.

4. Some say the crowd will be down because of Loudon and I hope this isn't so. I know they tried something like this few years ago , for 5000 to win and if I remember right, the crowd wasn't so great. But hopefully people will remember this is Ricky's memorial race and its 12000 to win, and that will make the crowd a good size.

5. I think they have sponsors that have put up the money, so it's not like the track takes a bath if the crowd isn't great. Sponsors are putting up the money , not to make a profit, but for other reasons. I know I'll be there to support them.

6. I hope last year's winner of this race somehow figures out a way to get to both races. If it can be done, do it!

7. Support the modifieds and plan to do the double on July 16. May the weather cooperate.
    My Only Question....Where can we go on Friday? :)
    I Love The Modifieds!!!!!

Thread Information