Thread: Petey Crash

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Petey Crash

Uncle Petey crashes in "The Gobbler!" at Mountain Speedway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnjeYE78Y80

all that hustle and bustle was over that? pure racing accident. The black car locked up his brakes when he knew he was getting into the corner too hot. It happens. Awesome footage Dave. I like the tire screeching, I have not heard that noise in years...well besides nascar, and the car that spun out in front of me on I 95 coming home from the beach...

upon viewing dave's video, this popped up on the related videos. that is some scary stuff right thur

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnFo8...eature=related

Sure was Danger......that was the big 'incident'......so big, I actually quoted another incident.......
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

Quote Originally Posted by Danger83Ranger View Post
    upon viewing dave's video, this popped up on the related videos. that is some scary stuff right thur

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnFo8...eature=related

Actually this is the second time I saw the starter at SVS almost get killed. Does anyone else remember the day that Rich Johnson passed away? The scoring system wasn't working so they decided to run it like a Saturday night show, with heats and a feature. As the first big car heat was coming to take the green flag the starter decided he didn't want to go green, so, of all things, he ran out onto the middle of the track waving the yellow! I honestly think I saw the hands of God around him as the cars were wrecking on both sides of him, but no one got within 3 feet of him.

Different starter for the Legends race...but remember the NEETS race quite well, (right Matt?!) He wasn't waving a yellow flag though, NEETS doesn't use yellows, he had his arms folded across his chest. Dr D came within a few feet of hitting him. Don't think he'll be doing that again anytime soon!
    Ms. NEETS/Registrations
    Enduro Racing Ain't for Sissies

yeah i remember it, but you never know
    Matt
    Neets official/ head flagger
    Driver/owner redneck racing enterprise #32
    www.RRE32.com
    www.redneckracingenterprise.bravehost.com

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Chick View Post
    Different starter for the Legends race...but remember the NEETS race quite well, (right Matt?!) He wasn't waving a yellow flag though, NEETS doesn't use yellows, he had his arms folded across his chest. Dr D came within a few feet of hitting him. Don't think he'll be doing that again anytime soon!

Waving a flag or folding his arms, it was one of the biggest "Oh @#*&" moments I had seen live! I thought for sure they would need to take a break so he could change his underwear.

Quote Originally Posted by racinrob43 View Post
    Actually this is the second time I saw the starter at SVS almost get killed. Does anyone else remember the day that Rich Johnson passed away? The scoring system wasn't working so they decided to run it like a Saturday night show, with heats and a feature. As the first big car heat was coming to take the green flag the starter decided he didn't want to go green, so, of all things, he ran out onto the middle of the track waving the yellow! I honestly think I saw the hands of God around him as the cars were wrecking on both sides of him, but no one got within 3 feet of him.

Remember that day all to well, a day Id like to forget But yea, Matt had his Superman cape on that day!
    05,58,56,0,41,Mrs.41
    How ya Like Me Now!
    55 R.I.P. Uncle David Oliver 55

Just to clarify a few things about sundays 8cyl race, unfortunately I'm the topic of an incident with the 43,44 and myself in the 91. Riverhead Grands run hoosier tires so to compete for the NEETS open comp I had to get 4 street tires and not having a large racing budget and spending most of my money on gas, tolls, 2 new tires for my truck and 2 new tires for my trailer (so I would'nt get a flat on the cross bronx or GWB for the long ride to SVS) I bought 4 used GY eagles with 2 that had sidewall dryrot only visible when mounted and aired up which I spent another $40 on for 2 tubes and 1 tire with a nail in it that I did'nt notice earlier that I had to patch, and needless to say I had 4 sh*t tires but was able to come and race.
    After about 35/40 laps the track was pretty slippery and with my sh*t tires my car had little to no grip.
    When the race was over I went to the 44 car to apolagize and he told me he thought I was actually coming over to kick his as* for whatever reason, when I explained that I could'nt stop in time and I got into his left rear he was fine with it and we laughed about. I never met him before but he was a cool dude.
    I pitted next to the 73jr and this guy told me he'd never raced on asphalt before and that he was a dirt guy from big d with litte seat time. Being he was by himself with no help, my friend and I did what we could to help him along. (he actually had a hard time getting his belts on) Needless to say I also got into him with my sh*t tires and he too was cool about it.
    If there is anybody else whom I reeked havoc on I apologize.
    Now that there is a video of U. Peteys hit (sorry U.P.) I feel like a bigger P.O.S.
    Neets is a great organization doing good things for enduro racing, keep up the good work!
    Congrats to Ray Fitz on another win and the rest of the Long Island guys at SDS sunday.

Anthony 91 Riverhead Grand

Wink Hey Anthony......................

Just glad everybody involved was OK...................
    You are right about Mike Parisi(#44), he's good people............
    You know I have no problem with either one of you guys! Just a racing thing.................
    UNCLE PETEY....................

Did the slippery seem to be from antifreeze ? All the drivers mention the same lap #s as when it got slippery. phil

I have to agree with the antifreeze, when on pavement, makes for some exciting times.

titomotorsports

Lightbulb most know me not to stir things up!!

just going on what i saw from the pits, hey 91, looked like u were waving at the guys who u hit, just my take. hope to be back racing in 2011. area auto photo guy got bored after 40 laps and left. lets get the cars out and race about it, ps petty can't get a brake lately,mis the old days with lots of cars..

Thread Information