Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: figure 8 enduro/demo

figure 8 enduro/demo

Sad to see the figure 8 Enduro idea never made it onto the schedule. In talking to drivers in the pits last season there was a lot of interest in this idea. Too bad they wont run a division that the drivers want

well ya gotta think, even though i like the idea, doing that could or will destroy cars. then there will be none for a demo or enduro

killa54
    it would have been nice 2 try it at least once. oh well, we got alot of derby stuff 2 keep us busy..

considering that they cut down so severely on the current enduro schedule, it's no surprise they didn't want to add another one.
    Greg Berkowitz
    Top of Turn One Racing
    Shackleford Designs

Quote Originally Posted by racecar24 View Post
    well ya gotta think, even though i like the idea, doing that could or will destroy cars. then there will be none for a demo or enduro
    I do see your point due to the x, but if it was mostly regular Enduro drivers running with Enduro rules I think they would be pretty clean races. Not too many people are running enduros just to wreck cars anymore. Oh well. Ill just keep hoping hey either add it at the Jan meeting or add it for '12.

killa54
    if people show up 2 the winter meetings, maybe we can get 1 or 2 added. if enuff people are interested..

Quote Originally Posted by TTOR View Post
    considering that they cut down so severely on the current enduro schedule, it's no surprise they didn't want to add another one.
    The original thought was to substitute the low car count 2nd 8 cylinder Enduro on the stand alone days with the Enduro figure 8. Nothing really added, just run the 8 cylinder cars on the 8.

Quote Originally Posted by killa54 View Post
    if people show up 2 the winter meetings, maybe we can get 1 or 2 added. if enuff people are interested..
    You already know Jay and I will be there. Lets hope there's more than the 3 of us at the meeting this year. Lol.

killa54
    in defense of enduro drivers, it was the demo derby guys who didnt show up. the enduro guys were there..

Quote Originally Posted by deathwishracin1 View Post
    You already know Jay and I will be there. Lets hope there's more than the 3 of us at the meeting this year. Lol.
    I'll be there if I happen to be home, If not I'll be sending someone in my place for sure.
    Greg Berkowitz
    Top of Turn One Racing
    Shackleford Designs

Quote Originally Posted by killa54 View Post
    in defense of enduro drivers, it was the demo derby guys who didnt show up. the enduro guys were there..
    My comment was mostly directed at the demo drivers. Its sad that our crew was the only ones there. At least we knew the rules for the first demo lol.

are the rules the same for the demo this season as last?and who is the inspector going to be?

When i get my 8 cyl car together for this season id be glad to try it out on the fig 8 as long as the drivers are not wreckless about it it should be fine id deff add a couple extra door bars tho
    R.I.P Poppy. The best turn 3 beer man Riverhead Raceway has ever seen and the best grandfather anyone could ask for!Tony Mastrangelo 7-10-35 to 12-29-02 R.I.P. 03, 1, 7, 66, 93 rip wild bill

Quote Originally Posted by unowho243 View Post
    When i get my 8 cyl car together for this season id be glad to try it out on the fig 8 as long as the drivers are not wreckless about it it should be fine id deff add a couple extra door bars tho
    hey jim i,d come and run it for you lol but i wont stop

lol ron as long as u dont bend my car in half haha
    R.I.P Poppy. The best turn 3 beer man Riverhead Raceway has ever seen and the best grandfather anyone could ask for!Tony Mastrangelo 7-10-35 to 12-29-02 R.I.P. 03, 1, 7, 66, 93 rip wild bill

Thread Information