Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 20 years ago

20 years ago

Here is a frame grab from a video that I shot at Flemington Speedway on 5/28/90.
    The cars were lined up starting at the back stretch gate and continued into turn 1.

Part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpeY6ZWXq_g

Part 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsRdgi6cxjs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FlemingtonEndoruo.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	2498  
    Last edited by NeetsSpectator; 12-11-2010 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Added Video Links

Great pic

Looking at that picture, I miss two things. Giant enduro fields like that, and Flemington itself. I was only there 5 times but the track had one of the best atmospheres thier ever was in dirt track racing. Really miss it.
    Thanks for the pic.

Great Pic! Thanks!
    Erin Cutri
    NEETS Official: Co Promoter
    Email: bartleye2@hotmail.com
    Cell: 570-878-0769

wow that had to great to be in or watch ,back when u could afford to race

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    wow that had to great to be in or watch ,back when u could afford to race
    I don't think the zoom zoom would have survived that race. You'll see what I mean when I get some of the video uploaded. If it were a Neets race, half of the cars would have been black flagged. The #43 and a black #5 were in that race.

Wink

Ahhhhh......the good old days!!!! Great pic! Half the field blackflagged? It's more like the whole field would have been! Joe's head would have spun off his shoulders! There was no blackflag hardly ever used or even a red for that matter unless someone was in actual flames or on their lid! The closest I've seen to that kind of racing personally was a few years back at Riverhead.
    Ms. NEETS/Registrations
    Enduro Racing Ain't for Sissies

why would anyone want to race in that? . That was when enduro events were not racing, but survival!

Wow

I WAS IN THAT RACE! They were very fun to race. you may not go to fast in the begining but if you made it to the end you were very proud of your self. but like today Tim was the man back then. nothing changes go figure

The dirt track version of the Flemington Fairgrounds Speedway was simply incredible! I spent many Saturday nights there in the 1980s. I don't recall a night where I left that track unhappy with the racing that I just witnessed.

There was just something about that place which made it stand in its own category. Perhaps, the great Bill Singer on the microphone, the purple pace car, flem man, and the best fried chicken at a speedway you could ever find? Fair week was something special too.

After they paved it, I went once and that was in their final season of activity. And, as it turned out, the show I attended closed with an enduro and I recall that the 43, 61, 75, and 5 were each in the race.

Flemington Speedway, what a great memory. But, my fondest memories of that track were definitely on the DIRT!

Video is Uploaded

Here is part 1 of the Flemington Speedway video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpeY6ZWXq_g

Quote Originally Posted by tbirdracer View Post
    I WAS IN THAT RACE! They were very fun to race. you may not go to fast in the begining but if you made it to the end you were very proud of your self. but like today Tim was the man back then. nothing changes go figure
    Hey Ray, Were you driving car number 169?
    If you were, you had a pretty exciting finish on the back stretch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RspPpFMtob0
    Last edited by NeetsSpectator; 12-09-2010 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Added video link

What I don't understand is with all the cars and all the carnage... PETEY NEVER GOT A FLAT!!!!

Unhappy Feeling A Little Flat Lately..............

It ain't easy finishing 2nd behind you(Ray) and Timmy my whole life.................
    The flat tire thing seems to be a recent malady................
    By the way, good job last race Ray, alittle slippery out there.................
    UNCLE PETEY....................

wow!!!!

yes that was me that flipped! wow i never saw the video. thank you for finding it. now let the nightmare begin. man was i young.

hey tbird is that what happen lol just kiddin buddy hope to race with u next season buddy ,i got the itch real bad to build me another car and soon ,hey petey maybe next season u will lose that tire night mare

Thread Information