Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 20 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Danger83Ranger View Post
    why would anyone want to race in that? . That was when enduro events were not racing, but survival!
    That was the most "dirty fun" you could have with your clothes still on!

Many drivers of more expensive racecars look down their noses at enduro drivers. Funny thing is back in the 1950's they were not called enduros, they were called NASCAR!

You didn't complain about dead cars on the track back then because you didn't spend $5000 building the car and when yours got destroyed the next car was just another $100 at the junk yard.

I ran one race at Lincoln when I bought the car the day of the race, spent all day knocking out glass, welding doors, and pulling off trim. We ran out of time at the garage, so I ended up kicking out the rear window in the pits.

But like all good affordable racing, a few people convince the promoters that the racing will be better if they allow this or allow that, and/or tech inspectors ignore this or that, and now your $500/car w/ 200 cars entered is a $2500-$5000/car w/ 25-30 cars entered.

I know there are other factors, like the sudden need to crush anything with a v-8 engine (thanks Hussein).

Thanks for posting that video. That's some good entertainment.
    Last edited by racinrob43; 12-10-2010 at 10:31 PM. Reason: forgot a thank you

Part 2

Here's the rest of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsRdgi6cxjs

no way

hey petey you never finished behind me. i never had any luck racing just once did i finish in the money-- 17th out of 302. but that was a great finish! where do you get these videos and how can i get copy. this was my dads last race. he drove the 143 car.

Quote Originally Posted by Danger83Ranger View Post
    why would anyone want to race in that? . That was when enduro events were not racing, but survival!
    Hence the term ENDURO (ENDURANCE).

Thats how ENDUROS used to be. You thought you did something just by FINISHING the race! I remember Riverhead used to run 3 -100lap 100 car ENDUROS on enduro days....if you started even near the back of the field you were a lap down before you even got rolling. I used top be happy to complete more than 10 laps...lol.
    Last edited by nobandwagonhere; 12-13-2010 at 09:53 AM.
    05,58,56,0,41,Mrs.41
    How ya Like Me Now!
    55 R.I.P. Uncle David Oliver 55

In the 1980's at Riverhead

There were a few 200 lap deals I managed to finish in. Even got paid once. (9th) You were tired at the end of the day. Ill handling beasts on a very slick track with debris everywhere.

That big bumble bee car #103 was me. Any chance you have more from Flemington Enduros?

Quote Originally Posted by madbutcher666 View Post
    That big bumble bee car #103 was me. Any chance you have more from Flemington Enduros?
    For 1988 I have 4 Flemington, 5 Nazareth, and 5 Bridgeport enduros.
    I also have 5 Wall Stadium Demo Derby's for 1988.
    I'm working on getting these transferred to DVD.

That's the first time I've seen myself racing on video. Any idea on how or who has all the Flemington Enduros on video? I lost all my paperwork on when exactly I raced and the positions I finished. I do remember my best was 8th out of 197, and I started dead last. I'm 40 years old now but I'm really hoping to get back into it at Grandview. Only problem is I don't have a car, or a trailer, or tools, or a pit crew, etc.

MB666 Just come on out and help someone in the pits. You can learn what you have forgotten. And have fun doing it. phil

I wouldn't even know who to talk to about getting in the pits during the race but I would love to help out. After Flemington closed down I kinda lost touch with the Enduro circuit since every other track was rather far from where I lived. I didn't even realize Grandview had them until last year. Toss me some info and I'll do what I can.

wow dave you soo will have a small little buisness goin lol wait till the critter cam comes back sales will sky rocket lol

been there

mb666, when flemington went black top i stopped running enduros and i went racing something else. i had a bad wreck and had a very bad head injury. i got out or racing for a long time. then a friend of mine was racing enduros at big diamond. went to watch and got the itch again. i got a car and started racing at bd. then i tried racing at neets and been having fun at both. if you want to hang out and have fun just come watch or coming in the pits at gv. all of the drivers at gv are friendly and easy to talk to. if i am there come see me and just hang out. i drive the 2EZ.

Yea, all you need to get in the pits is some dead presidents. Then go to the registration shack and introduce yourself to Joe and the ladies and you'll know why we keep coming back. Of course the racin's kind of fun too.
    Poppop

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    wow dave you soo will have a small little buisness goin lol wait till the critter cam comes back sales will sky rocket lol
    Business? You mean I can make money selling these videos?

Sorry Critter, but all my videos are free.
    Just ask for what you want and I'll do my best.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

oh come on dave lol im tryin to make us some money , u behind the the cameras and me the star lol , u do a great job dave cant wait to get the critter and kat cam going again

Thread Information