Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Riverhead Meeting

Riverhead Meeting

Any thing new mentioned?, I had to work so I couldnt be there.

They said the only rule change was if you did not come to the meeting you had to start in the rear for the whole season. That was about it.

2011 rule changes

One rule change that was brought up that was not mentioned:
    No fuel filters inside the engine compartment

Quote Originally Posted by W. J. View Post
    Your answers can be found in the story here - www.myracenews.com
    Thank you!
    RichF

so we got heat races very nice. What makes you eligible for the promoters provisional. Your one those special cars?

I'm over at Maggios now chipping the ice off his driveway so I'm pretty sure i will get one of those spots.

Quote Originally Posted by rrealto View Post
    I'm over at Maggios now chipping the ice off his driveway so I'm pretty sure i will get one of those spots.
    That's pretty funny......

Supposedly, the primary picks will be based on how high a driver is in the point standings. We'll see.......
    Didn't hear that mentioned at the meeting, must have missed it.
    Tom Sherman #27

Quote Originally Posted by rrealto View Post
    hope you also left some food lol

glad we got heat races. I thought the point of heat races were to get rid of the handicap system instead they are going to handicap us both in the heat race and then in the feature.
    First class video productions
    "Putting your memories in motion"

They should just handicap the heat races. If you cant stay upfront in a 10 lap heat why handicap those in a 20 lap feature? I think if you just handicap the heats then lineup as they finish in the heat it will make for a lot better of a feature.

Think the idea of the two heats is that it will end up keeping maybe 10 cars that aren't running good from turning the feature into a wreckfest. Definetly a step in the write direction. There were a few guys who started the freshman feature all year that ran good enough to be in the veteran feature all year. Now it doesn't matter if you have one month or five years behind the wheel. If you run good your in , if not you go home. The goal is 24 good cars. As far as handicapping it's the same as any other division that doesn't run time trials. The good thing about the handicap is that you don't benefit in any way to run better than eleventh in the heat race, it won't get you a better position in the feature to run over the poor guy in tenth. Doesn't sound to bad to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jtriola View Post
    The good thing about the handicap is that you don't benefit in any way to run better than eleventh in the heat race, it won't get you a better position in the feature to run over the poor guy in tenth. Doesn't sound to bad to me.
    You hit it right on the head.
    Tom Sherman #27

YES I would like to pick numbers out of a hat! It works at every other track. It makes it fair. So the front half the field is going to run single file parade laps while the rear of the field is fighting it out. Its called a "HEAT RACE" not Parade laps. The EEKR go kart club runs true heat races in all there divisions, but race cars get parade laps.
    First class video productions
    "Putting your memories in motion"

I'm going to make one last comment about this and then bow out of this discussion.
    We tried the pill draw deal the first year that we were back at Riverhead. There was talk of favoritism and a dislike for the system and multiple requests for a handicapping sytem. So we got handicapping but lost heats. Aside from split emotions for the Freshman race, everything seemed to work pretty well. We did manage to crash the crap out of each other for a variety of reasons, but mostly due to a disconnect between brain and foot. I was a gulity of this as much as anyone else, made a lot of moves that I shouldn't have.
    The deal now should be get through the heats, be smart in the fact that you shouldn't have to trash your equipment to get to the front, and get in the feature. Finish means nothing and, last I checked, they don't pay anything for a heat race (nor should they). We don't need any additional incentive to crash the crap out of each other, we have shown a willingness to do it with out an additional push.
    Now the 'promotors choice" thing is a whole different deal. In my opinion it should be a set procedure to avoid the appearence of favoritism.
    Just my opinion.
    Tom Sherman #27

Thread Information