Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Change to the races

what are the outlaw slingers? are we talking about the tobias slingshots?

I think they are a group of Slingshots (yes the tobias slingshots) that decided to have a mini series at Grandview that doesn't count towards the normal Slingshot tour series. Pete Knappenberger is putting it together. Good thing about them is they don't flip every other lap like the speedstrs do
    "Taken To School"

Quote Originally Posted by DPORCR312 View Post
    The parking situation is the first thing. The reason that I own the bus and show up at 9am every race is because of that front row. ............ If the slingers can race on grandviews racing surface then they can drive through the pits. D
    I agree. The pits are smoother and easier to drive on than the track by far. If they are so low, how do the plan to get back out of the track? Or if they have a problem how to they get across the ruts to get into the infield. Also their trucks leaving while the pits are full from that front row is going to be a pain for everyone. They will be more in the way and have more trouble getting out. Should be closer to the gate so they aren't blocking enduro cars coming off the track to pit during the race. This is a bad idea in my opinion.
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

Once Upon A Time..................

First off, let me say I love the NEETS family and its ideals which make enduro racing so unique....................
    Lately, my personal gripes aside, I'm witnessing the kidnapping of NEETS by the host track..............the tail is wagging the dog...................
    I realize we are living in a time of monetary problems but the recession was caused by the government subsidizing(interfering with) our economy............
    The same thing is happening to NEETS! The government(Grandviews dicktator) has imposed his will on a good organization causing unrest among its peers...............................
    The dicktator used the stale economy to mask his fleecing of the enduro sheep.....................
    To add insult to injury he added to his coffers by bludgeoning the already taxed organizations meager land holdings with more squatters...................
    Alas, even the squatters were not properly served by the dicktators edicts, he could not make the lowly marshland that the poor NEETS people had survived on for years capable of supporting the squatters..............
    Therefore, this humble enduro servant begs the "king and queen" of NEETS to abandon this greedy dicktator and find greener pastures for their sheep............
    UNCLE PETEY.....................

Pits open - 8 AM
    Registration & Tech Inspections

Slingers & Vintage Mod Warm-ups - 12 NOON
    Transponder Check (Slow Laps) Enduro Cars ONLY
    Driver's meeting

Slingers Heats - 1 PM
    Vintage Mods Show
    Small Car Line-ups
    Slingers Feature
    Small Car Enduro
    Vintage Mods Race
    Big Car Enduro
    Ladies' Race

Saturday Nights!
    Maybe we jumped a little too quickly....apparently, being told pick the dates and not hearing anything after that EVEN AFTER WE SCHEDULED THEM....wasn't right....

Saturday May 7th - Small Car Enduro - $50 Registration - 40 Laps - 27 Cars MAX
    Saturday June 8th - Big Car Enduro - $50 Registration - 40 Laps - 27 Cars MAX

First off, May 7th was going to be the big car saturday night feature.. are you correct on this?

second, about what time do you think the big car enduro's will hit the field? just an estimate. Because I don't want to be there for transponder check at noon and then sit around till 9 to race and pack up and leave at midnight.
    Last edited by Mobigsly; 04-02-2011 at 07:15 PM.

im still trying to figure out why there is such a big hype about the slingshots and there ground clearance. I raced a slingshot years ago. they have fully adjustable suspension and can compensate in height for grandviews rutted track. they are not much lower than the 600 micro sprints and 360 sprint cars...

the slingshots also ran a race at grandview a few years back and did very well. yes the 40hp v twin briggs motors dont create massive amounts of power, its basically a restrictor plate race for them at grandview, but its very exciting considering how close they all are. one tiny screw up and you drop 5 car lengths back. if u like watching daytona and talladega races, you will like watching these little cars battle it out on the 1/3 mile oval. im excited that they have returned. the speedstrs suck, they are a joke of a class. if your going to watch a 4 cyl sprint car class, ardc is the only way to go...besides the 600 micros of course...

Angry slingshot parking!!!

Ok let me put all the hype about the slingshot parking !!! The track owners dont want the little cars crossing paths with the enduros in the pits, Hence they will park at the top and line up for there races there and thats it !!!! they will be done racing and packing up during the small car race and leave !!!
    MR. RICK
    You Need

Quote Originally Posted by RICK16RACIN View Post
    Ok let me put all the hype about the slingshot parking !!! The track owners dont want the little cars crossing paths with the enduros in the pits, Hence they will park at the top and line up for there races there and thats it !!!! they will be done racing and packing up during the small car race and leave !!!

well that didnt happen now did it rick? lol. slingshots did there feature after the small cars.

it went well, the pits were tight and some cars were jammed and had to squeeze there way through but it turned out to be ok. if grandview wasnt so cheap, they would move the fence further down the hill to create more room...lol

Now that we're paying more, shouldn't we get more? Maybe some silly little thing like having Mylaps posted in some reasonable amount of time.I guess the only thing to do about that is laugh.

Poppop

Thread Information