Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Waterford Speedbowl 4_2_2011 Qualifying Day

The rules are similar to what ACT uses. It is based on positions gained or lost in the heats. Coby gained 4 spots Pasteryak 3.

Zachem broke a connecting rod. He said it would run but not worth ruining the motor. Hinckley had ignition problems. They were changing out the system in hopes of finding the problem

Quote Originally Posted by JED View Post
    The rules are similar to what ACT uses. It is based on positions gained or lost in the heats. Coby gained 4 spots Pasteryak 3.

Zachem broke a connecting rod. He said it would run but not worth ruining the motor. Hinckley had ignition problems. They were changing out the system in hopes of finding the problem
    Thanx JED, that helps understand it - I think......lol.

Howie is offline Veteran of Racing Photography
    I've read this from their rule book, and I don't know how they keep track of it all. (Thanks LK)

A. Only registered owners or drivers may draw for position to deter-mine heat line-ups at each event.
    B. Heat Races: Heat races are lined up by draw.
    C. +Plus/-Minus: Each driver will receive a plus-minus value based on their assigned starting position and finish in their heat race.

Example:
    Driver A starts 5th in heat #2 and finishes 2nd he will get a +3.
    Driver B starts 1st in heat #1 and finishes 5th he will get a -4.
    Driver C starts 3rd in heat #1 and finishes 3rd he will get a 0.
    Driver D starts 7th in heat #3 and finishes 4th he will get a +3.
    Driver E starts 3rd in heat #4 and finishes 3rd he will get a 0.
    Drivers that earn qualified positions in the heat will use their
    +plus or -minus value as their handicap or the feature lineup.
    Tiebreaker #1: Ties are broken by highest finish in the heat.
    Example #2: Driver A finished 2nd in his heat with a +3. Driver D finished 4th in his heat with a +3. Driver A wins the tie breaker because of his 2nd place finish.
    Tiebreaker #2: If drivers are still tied after tiebreaker #1, the tie will be broken based on heat race order. Example #3: Driver C finishes in 3rd place in heat #1 with a 0. Driver E finishes 3rd in heat #4 with a 0. Driver C starts in front of Driver E because his finish was in heat #1.
    Howie Hodge
    TheChromeHorn.com - Special Contributor
    www.thechromehorn.com |

RacerHub Network
    www.longislandjam.com | www.poconothunder.net | www.thechromehorn.com

I read about that in AARN & it seemed pretty simple until you explained it, Howie.
    now it looks like Chinese arithmatic.

I like this point system format. It at least does put some incentive to passing in the heat races although not a big one with a light field. The race looks like it may be a good one.
    the ROC rules!! / Pacin ain't Racin
    " honey!! I can't sleep, turn on the CUP race will ya?"

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    I've read this from their rule book, and I don't know how they keep track of it all. (Thanks LK)

A. Only registered owners or drivers may draw for position to deter-mine heat line-ups at each event.
    B. Heat Races: Heat races are lined up by draw.
    C. +Plus/-Minus: Each driver will receive a plus-minus value based on their assigned starting position and finish in their heat race.

Example:
    Driver A starts 5th in heat #2 and finishes 2nd he will get a +3.
    Driver B starts 1st in heat #1 and finishes 5th he will get a -4.
    Driver C starts 3rd in heat #1 and finishes 3rd he will get a 0.
    Driver D starts 7th in heat #3 and finishes 4th he will get a +3.
    Driver E starts 3rd in heat #4 and finishes 3rd he will get a 0.
    Drivers that earn qualified positions in the heat will use their
    +plus or -minus value as their handicap or the feature lineup.
    Tiebreaker #1: Ties are broken by highest finish in the heat.
    Example #2: Driver A finished 2nd in his heat with a +3. Driver D finished 4th in his heat with a +3. Driver A wins the tie breaker because of his 2nd place finish.
    Tiebreaker #2: If drivers are still tied after tiebreaker #1, the tie will be broken based on heat race order. Example #3: Driver C finishes in 3rd place in heat #1 with a 0. Driver E finishes 3rd in heat #4 with a 0. Driver C starts in front of Driver E because his finish was in heat #1.
    Thanks Howie, my head hasn't hurt that much since I tried to read the obamacare bill.... lol.
    So Dore goes from 1st to 2nd in the 2nd heat which without this system would be the 5th starting spot but instead he drops to 18th on the grid..... your better off drawing 8 and finishing 5th. Oh well enjoy tomorrow.

this system is so easy. The thing I think that is confusing everyone is the fact that there was no consi therefore every car uses the plus minus not just the top 6.

I personally like it a lot it gives more incentive to race in the heats rather than ride once you are in a qualified spot. The system benefits the guy starting 2nd on back mostly the pole sitter just has to try to win and get a "0"
    "I'm a good winner, but a poor loser" Richie Evans

www.rememberwhenphotosonline.com

Thread Information