Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spring Fling press release

Word-up...........................

With all due respect, would you rather new NEETS members show up at the track and experience these problems first hand?.................
    Or maybe, use this forum for its intended purpose..............
    Most of the NEETS peeps, as a group, can't communication with each other on a
    daily one to one basis, so this forum is a perfect medium to iron out problems..................................
    If enough of the NEETS family get fed up with current conditions and decide to collectively fix the problem, then "airing out your laundry in public" ia a good thing................................
    UNCLE PETEY....................

For what it's worth...

If enough of the NEETS family get fed up with current conditions and decide to collectively fix the problem, then "airing out your laundry in public" ia a good thing................................
    UNCLE PETEY.................... [/QUOTE]

The scoring problems are because of the loop, it’s ALWAYS the loop! Sure there are a few cases of improperly mounted or not fully charged transponders but those are rare. And we should assume that the loop will not be fixed. As-far-as the other divisions that run at the track…two 10 year old kids sitting in the stands can tell you the finishing order of 16 car 25-lap Feature.
    Think of all the problems we could eliminate if we did not rely on transponders at all.
    • Joe would not have to rent them from who-knows-who and hope that they work.
    • For those of us who rent… we save $20 a race to offset the cost of the recent increase. That makes race day $5 cheaper than last year!
    • No worries and complaints about Mylaps… I know it’s cool but to hell with it, we don’t NEED it.
    • No wasted time on race day with transponder checks…line up and go!
    I don’t know what the answer is, hand scoring, flop clock, video cameras on the start/finish line but whatever we come up with is almost guaranteed to be better than what we have now. I would rather take the money that we are use to paying for transponders and hire a small group of people to hand score the races…I don’t know the answer but I do know this is broken and we need to fix it. For all the time, money and effort that we all put into this (including all the Officials) nobody should be leaving the track pissed-off not knowing where he finished or if he has the right trophy in the trunk.

Angry Transponders, "What are they good for anyway!!!"

Well said Petey! This is the place to discuss the "issues at hand", whether it's in the pits, in the garage or on the track. However, it shouldn't be the place for bashing, belittling and name calling. Unless, of course, it is all in the spirit of family-fun enduro racing!!

AK17, I think you are reading many driver's minds when it comes to transponders? Not unlike most of the new electronic devices that continue to make life "simpler", the transponders are only reliable to a certain degree. There are too many variables to consider. Does it have a full charge? Is it mounted in the car properly? Is it covered in mud after the first several laps? Is the "loop" picking up the signal? Did I miss the loop while spinning into the infield, or avoiding a front stretch pile-up? Does my name correspond to the serial number on the transponder? Too many things need to be just right for the entire system to properly work and it is very difficult for two or three people to keep track of "all" the cars, when they are most likely watching only 1 or 2. I was never a fan of transponders and still am not, even though I bought my own. I can always sell it! I've raced almost 25 years and when I started there certainly were no transponders in any enduro race that I was in, nor were they missed or asked for. It does seem that there should be a better way? I think that if nothing else can be done immediately, at least allow the drivers to provide a manual scorer to assist in double-checking all the electronc information that is generated by the transponders, which as we are continuing to see is many times, incorrect. Sometimes you just can't go wrong with "Old School" technology!!!! Just ask Phil, I bet he would agree?
    Shawn Naftzinger
    Rustyboltz Racing #16N
    "Old School!"

This is a comment on the last post about getting rid of the transponders . I think the transponders help to bring racers to the track i have raced neets since it started back in the days of mountain and it sure helps the one man show . I can come to the track all alone and not have to find some body to score for me . The only track that i race at that doesnot have this system is riverhead and man is it a pain in the a$$ to find a person who will score a race . I can see your point we have had trouble with the loops as long as i can remember but the only thing you can do is fix the issue or find another track to use. but try to keep it simple for the one man shows jmo

I agree and I am sometimes in the same boat, without "extra" help. I think many drivers are in that situation? I'm not pushing for "mandatory" manual scorers or to eliminate the transponders, but just to have the opportunity to allow "optional" manual scorers for the drivers that can. I think it would help in the overall big picture of the scoring issue.
    Last edited by rustyboltz6; 04-07-2011 at 03:57 PM.
    Shawn Naftzinger
    Rustyboltz Racing #16N
    "Old School!"

I like transponders. My Wife likes transponders she is tired of manual scoring.

Keep the transponders. phil

Transponders are good as long as you can keep yourself in the loop for them to pick you up (which is not always possible). It seems if you run the low groove of the track or based on track conditions are forced into the infield you loose that lap. Keep the transponder but give the guys the option to have someone manually score them as well. Im sure there are enough of us racing phanatics(sp) out there who would be willing to score for another driver if needed!

gutter7

some thing is wrong

We have three transponders on three cars we run every sat. night and they have recorded every lap turned, ... and they are hanging on the right rear of the car getting hit by all kinds off mud , we've used them at the enduro and something funny happens.

Thread Information