Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: North Wilkesboro

North Wilkesboro

How many cars would you expect at North Wilkesboro?

Who is definitely going/ not going?

At this point, I'm not expecting too many. That way I'll be pleasantly surprised if there is a good turnout instead of disappointed.

I'll be there on Saturday for the main events.

With only three days to go, you would think the promoter would post the mod entries (if they had anything to post). My guess is, ticket sales for the PASS have exceeded expectations and they really don't care if the mod thing happens or not. That was just an ace in the hole if needed to pull in fans like they did with the Pro Cup race last Fall.

Lot of rumors going around. I've heard they have six entries and I've heard they have just over 21 (including Geoff Bodine). The Bodine thing may be true since he is entered in the PASS event.

If I lived NY and wanted to see mods this weekend, I'd be a Thompson. Damn sure wouldn't pay the gas bill to haul all the way to NC and be disappointed. For that matter, given all the racing you have in the Northeast and PA/NJ area, I'd never make it this far.

Prob not going.. But would be nice to see North Wilkesboro.. Probably only doing Thompson on Sunday.

Damn sure wouldn't pay the gas bill to haul all the way to NC and be disappointed. For that matter, given all the racing you have in the Northeast and PA/NJ area, I'd never make it this far.

I couldn't agree with you more.racing in the south plain ass sucks!!!! Mooresville NC is named race city usa....... BULL**** !!!!!

If I was still in NJ, I would be at New Egypt.Great dirt racing.Middeltown NY and Accord.Central PA so much racing make your head hurt.

Ed

Wow, the historic North Wilksoboro Speedway is rising from the ashes to run it's first ever race at night. A race that will have virtually every big name in SLM racing in North America, over 90 entries for 75k and people are worried about the filler modified race not living up to expectations. That's the equivelant of having a mod race with the top cars of all 4 tours as well as the best weekly racers running for 75k. It's not a modified race, the modified race was tossed in as a filler with a nice 5k to wiin to boot. If all I want to see is a modified race then why would I be at any place other than Thompson this week in the first place. The first big mod race of the year, I'd be there without question.

But as a race fan I would love to be at NWilksboro this weekend as there has not been a short track race this big in years if not decades...... And I sure hope the PASS folks do well with it so that someone will try the same things with the modifieds. I know I have my dream race all planned out and I would like to see this prove it possible.

7 Cars ? why with 5 Grand to win?
    Last edited by kinserfan11; 04-08-2011 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kinserfan11 View Post
    7 Cars ? why with 5 Grand to win?
    Its a complete embarrassment to all Tour Type Mods. Burt and Jason and Junior Miller are the only Southern cars to show up. The other four are ROC cars.

You can probably say goodbye to anymore Modified races at North Wilkesboro.

Well, running against the Icebreaker probably was not the best idea. But again, more Southern mods should definitely be there for sure.

Why wasn't the race scheduled as part of the Whelen touring series? Would have guaranteed a bigger field.

Quote Originally Posted by limodmaniac View Post
    Why wasn't the race scheduled as part of the Whelen touring series? Would have guaranteed a bigger field.
    Because its a super late model race, not a modified race. Next year, this race will have a limited late model race as a filler, or something that people here care about, and it will draw a huge field of cars with drivers that would love an opportunity to race there. The modified fans are sparse, except at BGS, and that doesn't count because they don't travel well. The drivers obviously care more about running a NASCAR race than a money race; otherwise the southern tour cars would have shown up. Tonight the seats will be loaded with race fans, but this one gets to go 3 hours later now that the mods will be a waste. This is indeed a shame.

If the Modified guys were smart they'd get together before the race and made sure they put on a great show. I don't mean cook up the results just make sure they passed either other a number of times to entertain the crowd. (read the Ed Flemke book). Wouldn't it be great to have people say after the race those 7 Mods put on one hellava show? Maybe even top the SLM feature. Plant a seed for the future.
    the ROC rules!! / Pacin ain't Racin
    " honey!! I can't sleep, turn on the CUP race will ya?"

I sure don't understand the low car count. I do know that many of my racing buds aren't going now because of the low mod turnout.

The southern mod community really messed up on this one and for the life of me I don't know why.

i have read so many times the southern guys ***** they race for crap purse need more money etc, now Wilkesboro steps up with 5K to win and 3 southern modifieds support the show....what an embarressment....who cares that Thompson is running today, there are more then enough southern team's that could have supported this race....

From Speed51.com

Junior Miller -winner
    2nd- John Markovic
    3rd- Jason Myers
    4th- Rick Kluth
    5th- Burt Myers

As a southern mod fan that travels to every mod race I am embarrassed by our southern drivers. For the life of me I dont get it, they want race there cars yet I saw about 5 drivers in the stands watching the race. I have never been a big late model fan but I liked what I saw in the pass series drivers that race hard drivers that show up and a fan base thats passionate about there series. I keep wondering why I spend my money on the southern mods. I have so much respect for the myers not because how they race or there ability but because they freaking show up if there is a race to be ran.

Thread Information