Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2011...???

Exclamation 2011...???

As you all know, we are having problems with almost every feature of Grandview Speedway...now, the problem has become administrative.

I need your input ASAP.

We need to look forward to finding NEETS a new home....you will decide whether it be now or later.

NOW:
    We call the 2011 season a complete wash. This season whether it is finished elsewhere or not will NOT be for points. We spend as much time as possible finding NEETS a new home once and for all....hopefully. This will pretty much be like 2008 all over again.

LATER:
    We run the events...with transponder for at least one more time... We will have cameras recording START/FINISH, PIT ENTRANCE & PIT EXIT. ERIN AND I will score the events at home, with no interruption or mechanical intervention. Purses will not be paid out at the races, drivers will receive check in the mail and trophies at next event. Transponders MAY/MAY NOT be used at all..... The finishing order we determine is final and no outside input will be heard.

Most of our officials have already made a decision about this...but, you are the ones who make the difference. THIS IS YOUR SERIES TOO!!!!!!

Please choose wisely and quickly...the next race is approaching quickly. Phone calls will be placed to our non-internet users, but spread the word if you can...please.

All I ask is if you can keep opinions and jokes OFF OF THIS THREAD.

Thank you....
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

Later Joe, I already set up my vacation schedule for this year. Put the big tires over the bad spot again, obstacles make our racing more interesting anyhow.

Poppop

It's not a bad "spot"...we had cars picking up high and low...
    Erin Cutri
    NEETS Official: Co Promoter
    Email: bartleye2@hotmail.com
    Cell: 570-878-0769

I'd try to get the season in, wherever it might be? Maybe cut back on the points, point $$ and the banquet for one year???
    Shawn Naftzinger
    Rustyboltz Racing #16N
    "Old School!"

Let's Finish

Joe, you already know how I feel about the transponders. And we all lost the battle of the water truck long ago but despite all of that and any other issues that you may be having with Grandview management, I vote we still try and complete the season and look elsewhere for 2012 if we have to. Like what rustyboltz said, modify the points fund, skip the banquet, whatever it takes to make your life easier so that you can focus on the bigger picture moving forward.

Let us race

Ok I know I am going to catch a beating for this, but we are racing an enduro race. Correct? We race with obstacles on the track. Now we have a obstacle in the car. Joe and Erin have always been fair with everything that has to do with this series. Let's all put our trust in them, the finish is final. If it is not to your liking then just figure I was beat by the obstacle strapped to my car. I would really hate to lose a track and damage a series that is on the rise. I run a business in this poor economy, and I know how much give and take goes into it. Joe and Erin are doing a lot of give Without any take just to give us a place to do what we all love to do. Now it is up to us the racers to give a little. Joe and Erin onward and forward I trust in your decisions and wish for you to continue this series. Please do not can the season I don't think that is necessary. Scott Dunn #03

Finish off the season at G-view Joe. Sub par racing is better than none at all. Leaving now will only give NEETS a black eye. However it's your choice and I will back you in any way I can.

I just want to remind everyone here who is saying just finish it out......remember, this was race #1......we have 7 more to go....9 if you count the saturday night races.

You all endure each race...but, we are enduring with the irreparable damage being done to the series and its reputation....we've been called THE BEST because of what we do for our drivers...this decision that has to be made is in the best interest of the drivers...

Keep 'em coming guys!
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

Finish What We Started

Dust off a flop clock and put scorers in the stands, whether we run transponders or not. Many tracks still use this system BECAUSE IT WORKS! Let's Race!
    Bob Kulik
    Kulik Racing

Wink Hydro-phobia...................

Joe/Erin it sounds like you have had enough of grandview and its related problems...........................
    Start talking to the promoters at Wall or Big Diamond and get outa there before you totally lose the series......................
    Whatever you decide, please take control of NEETS's destiny...................
    UNCLE PETEY...............................

Never give up

I agree with alot of points here
    a lose the transponders !!! it will save every one $ and headaches.. the system just doesnt seem to work right anyway
    b.use both the camera and manual scoring methods
    c. you as a driver must supply a scorer, they pick # from hat and thats the car they score, or they score for you whatever., remember cameras don't cheat or lie ..
    d. and this is the most important !!!!!!! Joe and Erin put a LOT into this series, and it is up to us to help them make and keep this series successful !!!!! Keep all the positive ideas coming not everyone can think of everything so if we all stay as ONE things can only improve !!!!!
    MADDAWG 417

i hope we are all able to finish the season out. i enjoy the friendlyness of everyone in the series. hope we all can work thru this together and good luck to everyone

Im all for racing the complete season at Grandview .My other cars will be there also. Still utilize the transponders for the sake of all who just put out the $460 for them. along with Manual scoring along with a video camera. The $10,000 to win race at Blackrock was run with the manual scoring and video camera and was not official till the race is verified by the video. If you manual score each competitor is responsible for his own scoring. DO not use the idea of scoring some one elses car. If some one does not have a scorer than they can go pot luck on transponder system. Also need the vertical # on the roof for camera.

phil

Although I am only 5min from grandview. I am having a really hard time wanting to race there. I'm still trying to figure out why we are giving our hard earned money to someone who doesn't care about the neets series or what any of the drivers have to say about track conditions.
    We need to find a track that will work with the drivers and the promoters. I know that sounds easier said then done but something has to be done.
    Joe whatever you decide I know will be in the best interest of the drivers and neets racing.....so if that means racing a big diamond or wherever make it happen and lets move on!!
    See everyone at the next race wherever is it!!

Tail lights

Im with Garner! Joe, I trust your decision. I will be at the next race as well but if the problems continue with Grandview I can't say for sure that I will be back for the following race. My first thought is to try to join Big Diamond's enduro... but I can't say that is the best avenue to take because I have yet to run there. I have only heard good things. I also hear the surface is aswome and the water supply is much less! No matter what Joe and the gang decide they will never make everyone happy. Do what you think is best... the best of luck to ya!!!

Thread Information