Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: congrats tc

congrats tc

what a way to win a very exciting race love him or hate him to come back from a wreck go 2 laps down in and out of the pits and then go on to win
    thanks for keeping me on edge you deserve the win

I like Teddy and his winning attitude, no doubt. But can someone tell me why someone gets two lucky dogs back to back? Or two in one race? I think they should get one lucky dog per event and that's it.

better yet I read he was penalized a lap and then he gets given it back with the lucky dog, that makes no sense to me

speed 51

go over to there site for new info

Quote Originally Posted by catfish View Post
    better yet I read he was penalized a lap and then he gets given it back with the lucky dog, that makes no sense to me
    Glad someone else noticed that!!!!
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

Nascar rules state a penalized car can get the free pass as long as the penalty wasnt for rough riding.

Quote Originally Posted by RGeeProductions View Post
    Glad someone else noticed that!!!!
    I've seen that happen before! They should just do away with the stupid lucky dog rule!

Quote Originally Posted by Revscott View Post
    Nascar rules state a penalized car can get the free pass as long as the penalty wasnt for rough riding.
    And still be on pit road when you do get it????????????????

Wasnt the lucky dog started to avoid a lapped car trying to get its lap back once the yellow came out, and thus avoiding other wrecks?

If it's going to be used it should be used for a car who has a reasonable chance to get a lap back. If you are sitting in the pits, you really don't have much of a chance.

To get two lucky dogs and then win the race seems a little wrong to me.

The rule should be you have to physically lose a lap not have one taken away by penalty to get the Lucky Dog. The penalty lap should have to be made up the old fashion way only, by RACING and PASSING cars for it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wmass01013 View Post
    And still be on pit road when you do get it????????????????
    I'am glad someone else saw that. How do you get a lap back sitting in the pits and not even being on the race track.

I don't have an issue with him getting a penalty lap back via the lucky dog. That's how they do it on Sundays for the big boys. As long as the penalty and the lucky dog aren't the same lap. I agree that a driver really shouldn't be able to get a lap back while on pit road. I can only assume that he was the only car down 1 lap at that moment. Seems like a gray area that needs to be looked at again. All that being said, if you didn't have 12 cautions none of this would be an issue.

If NASCARs p.r. guys were worried about their jobs, they'll be safe for a while now covering up this big screwup. Ted saying it didn't help him, is like Mark McGuire saying he didn't take that many steroids, so it should be O.K.. What's the sense of having tech if it's not going to be enforced!!!

Howie is offline Veteran of Racing Photography
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob T. Racer View Post
    If NASCARs p.r. guys were worried about their jobs, they'll be safe for a while now covering up this big screwup. Ted saying it didn't help him, is like Mark McGuire saying he didn't take that many steroids, so it should be O.K.. What's the sense of having tech if it's not going to be enforced!!!
    According to the press release, it was enforced, to NASCAR's satisfaction and they run the show. If the public/TC haters aren't satisfied, that is something else again. I sure am glad the long winter is over, racing has begun and nobody's happy again - already.
    Howie Hodge
    TheChromeHorn.com - Special Contributor
    www.thechromehorn.com |

RacerHub Network
    www.longislandjam.com | www.poconothunder.net | www.thechromehorn.com

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    According to the press release, it was enforced, to NASCAR's satisfaction and they run the show. If the public/TC haters aren't satisfied, that is something else again. I sure am glad the long winter is over, racing has begun and nobody's happy again - already.
    LOL...That is great Howie....and just to think it's only Race #1!! LOL...Can't wait for Stafford!

Thread Information