Thread: Calling all 4 cycl.

Calling all 4 cycl.

Come check out Shippensburg speedway. We have been racing there since March. It would be awsome to see some more cars come up there to run. Any question give me a shout!

That's cool. When I last attended Ship my main complaint was...they needed more cars. Hopefully car counts will continue to improve at Ship.

Yes Greenflag, That is the problem...there are just not enough cars up there. The track is awsome! They run the 8 lap heats and then the 20 lap feature. I hope by posting on here that some fellow drivers will give it a shot!

Can a NEETS car run as is or do we need to make some changes?

Here is the link to the rules. The only thing i can think of right now is the fact that you would need to add a tow chain to the front and rear bumper.

http://www.shippensburgspeedway.com/...y%20stocks.htm

well...

Some things i noticed looking at the rules. Besides the tow chain, it also says you have to have an exterior "guardrail" doorbar on the outside of the drivers door (don't know many guys who have that). Also, one of the rules actually says "no enduro cars."

Yes, we have always had the door bars on the car. Even though it states "no enduro cars" they have teched mine and have not had a problem. We ran grandview and diamond all last year with this car. I think they are just looking for strictly stock cars and clean racing (not running into each other). We have raced there since March and have not had to come home and bang any dents out!

I can shed a little light on their rules, since they took them from Path Valley, which is where I work.

This division started out not requiring any safety gear, other than the guardrail. They have since allowed full interior roll cages, but they never took the guardrail rule out. If you have door bars in your roll cage you do not have to have the guardrail. If you do not have door bars then you have to have the guardrail.

The line about "no enduro cars" was aimed at the big cars, since the enduro cars in this area had gotten out of hand. Plus, if you don't tell them you run enduros, they will never know.

I've seen the 127 run a few times at Ship. That is my hometown and if Path Valley rains out and Ship doesn't, we go to watch for something to do. Next time that happens and the 4-cylinders are running, I'll bring over my daughter's Shadow and have some fun with you.

That would be cool Racinrob43.....just hopin to get a few more cars on the track. Just makes racin alot more fun!!

Thread Information