Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: minivan demo video

killa54

minivan demo video

at 5:30 you see the visious drive door hit... the hitter eventually won the derby... JUST SAYING
    R.I.P Poppy. The best turn 3 beer man Riverhead Raceway has ever seen and the best grandfather anyone could ask for!Tony Mastrangelo 7-10-35 to 12-29-02 R.I.P. 03, 1, 7, 66, 93 rip wild bill

killa54
    It was definitly a bad hit, I don't know what goes on.. I'm actually guilty also, I was goin in when the guy spun around & I gave him a lil tap, I drove up & looked 4 the flag & nothin happened..

Watched the video 10x. Jamie, noticed the DD hit. Noticed the other DD hit, too. On the 2nd. It appears that the hitter was already commited and the hittee jerked the wheel to the right to get out of the way. I also was informed that the hitting driver was in his very first demo. I personally don't know of ANY demo driver that intentionally hits in the drivers door. Maybe with more experiance, the hitting driver will know to turn away from the hit. Should he have been DQ'ed. Yes. Why he wasn't, I honestly believe that the hit was not seen. I've known Tom Kilkenney for over 30 years. I know for a fact that if he saw it, the guy would have been done. What the fan needs to know is that these minivans are very difficult to control going in reverse. Maybe making the field smaller with such few vans in the future will cut down on these type's of hits.
    Consistancy is the key.

The second dd hit was seen (not by Tommy, at least two officials did tho), pointed out, and ignored. At least George is ok. Why do they bother making a huge deal about DD hits before the demo, including making everyone actually paint their door another color that night, and still not enforce the call? I'm not trying to pick on the winner, he got lucky. I've given a couple accidental door shots, I got DQ'ed for it. If they are going to stress it, they should enforce it IMO. and Jamie, as far as I can tell you barely touched the door. Congrats to the winning Mulqueen (sorry I can't remember your name lol), you got over this time, it's happened to everyone.

Another issue I see is the problem of getting people to stop for the red flag, You guys need to pay attention out there, and I feel we need a better way do get the attention of the drivers than Tommy running on the track like a lunatic (although that's kinda funny to watch).
    Last edited by deathwishracin1; 05-30-2011 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unowho243 View Post
    at 5:30 you see the visious drive door hit... the hitter eventually won the derby... JUST SAYING
    Thats Riverhead rule enforcement for you, twice Ive watched them bust you for things they ignored on other cars now. Two races in a row mind you. JUST SAYING

http://www.pitstoppitbull.com/benchracing.htm

Click mini van demo

From this angle it looks like the 99 saw a clean shot on George's nose, George turned, and slow reaction time turned into a door hit, IDK I wasn't driving, just showing a different view and it seems to agree with Gravel. On a lighter note, man Jamie, your dad is LOUD lol. You can hear him screaming during the red flag.

killa54
    Quote Originally Posted by deathwishracin1 View Post
    http://www.pitstoppitbull.com/benchracing.htm

Click mini van demo

From this angle it looks like the 99 saw a clean shot on George's nose, George turned, and slow reaction time turned into a door hit, IDK I wasn't driving, just showing a different view and it seems to agree with Gravel. On a lighter note, man Jamie, your dad is LOUD lol. You can hear him screaming during the red flag.
    and he wasnt even yellin, u should see him when i was a trouble maker..lol..

Quote Originally Posted by killa54 View Post
    and he wasnt even yellin, u should see him when i was a trouble maker..lol..
    What do you mean, WAS??
    Consistancy is the key.

Quote Originally Posted by deathwishracin1 View Post
    Thats Riverhead rule enforcement for you, twice Ive watched them bust you for things they ignored on other cars now. Two races in a row mind you. JUST SAYING
    Read my signature.
    Consistancy is the key.

Angry

COLOR="lime"][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]jamie is aloud to hit dd cause his daddy run the demo and for the 99 van dd hit how can u say george move in to the hit when his battery cable was off and he was fixing. u should not have won! from a fan view the winners should have been george and jason cause 2 dd hit black flag and when the red flag came out the 3 van that were still going didn't stop till tom was yelling in the middle of the track everyone should follow the rule or stay off the track

lol, wow someone else noticed what i did and they want more cars to come to the track. Once there were many now there are few if this keeps up then there will be none.

killa54
    Hey tink, ur entitled 2 ur opinion but take it easy with the daddy stuff, how is it when I get away with something its cause my "daddy" helped me and then 2 other people do the same thing, were their daddies there too, or are we all brothers??

And mike, ur right, I agree..

Quote Originally Posted by tink914 View Post
    COLOR="lime"][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]jamie is aloud to hit dd cause his daddy run the demo and for the 99 van dd hit how can u say george move in to the hit when his battery cable was off and he was fixing. u should not have won! from a fan view the winners should have been george and jason cause 2 dd hit black flag and when the red flag came out the 3 van that were still going didn't stop till tom was yelling in the middle of the track everyone should follow the rule or stay off the track
    Charlene, as a driver I can guarantee that you don't always remember things as they really happened. Not trying to argue, just pointing something out. If you watch the video I posted, starting at 3:38, or Jamie's video starting at 5:20, George's van was moving when he got hit in the door. You can see the huge trail of sparks coming off his left front wheel as he is making a right turn, he straightens out and tries to cut right and gets slammed in the door. The video doesn't lie, memories can. As for the three vans not stopping, Rich Fowler (the white van) DID stop. The other two vans kept going and hitting him. He started moving again to try to get out of the line of fire.

I was out on the wall that night with Tommy. Nobody on the wall saw Jamie hit George's door. Not me (sorry I was watching Jay), not Tommy, not the flagman. The video proves he hit it. Sorry Jamie, A door shot is a door shot, you got lucky. At least your door shot was a pretty light one, and obv not intentional. I wasn't there for the calls last season, please keep me out of that arguement. I want no part of it. The 99 should have been flagged too, he also got lucky. They do know how to call door shots, I was DQ'd last season and Tommy was pulled from the championship both due to door shots. They need consistency in calling them, that is the problem. I think the bashing on Jamie should be calmed since obv somebody got the same pass he did. Tommy had nothing to do with this call considering the officials missed it. I'm quite sure if they saw it they would have at least consulted Tommy. Both guys got lucky, both at George's expense. That's all I have to say. Other than it's funny that nobody is pointing out how Rich Fowler also got caught in the door that night. Video I posted shows that too.
    Last edited by deathwishracin1; 06-07-2011 at 10:32 PM.

Elated

Only 5 vans how do you you hit someone in the drivers door, you have more than enough room to manuver your car it was a sad demo. It was a great car count these new rules must be great!

Thread Information